The Official American Idol Season 6 Thread

rushgoober

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Apr 20 2007, 10:18 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Apr 20 2007, 09:50 PM)
IDOL SUCKS!!!  yes.gif

I AM SO WITH YOU THERE NECRO !!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/moving%20pictures%20smilies/hifive.gif

trink39.gif

But you're still getting PILEDRIVED in the park. yes.gif

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Apr 20 2007, 10:19 PM)
IDOL SUCKS!!!  yes.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/moving%20pictures%20smilies/hifive.gif

trink39.gif

REALLY????

SWEET!!!!!!

does ceej know???

unsure.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Apr 20 2007, 10:24 PM)
IDOL SUCKS!!!  yes.gif

trink39.gif

REALLY????

SWEET!!!!!!

does ceej know???

unsure.gif

confused13.gif

Oohhhhhh... it's kinda a standing 69 isn't it??? ohmy.gif

drool1.gif

Okay... wait... you're messing with my head here. You're still getting LEGDROPPED!!! yes.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Apr 20 2007, 10:24 PM)
IDOL SUCKS!!!  yes.gif

trink39.gif

REALLY????

SWEET!!!!!!

does ceej know???

unsure.gif

confused13.gif

Oohhhhhh... it's kinda a standing 69 isn't it??? ohmy.gif

drool1.gif

Okay... wait... you're messing with my head here. You're still getting LEGDROPPED!!! yes.gif

QUOTE (Rush! @ Apr 21 2007, 08:05 AM)
I hope LaKisha wins. She has the most powerful and emotional voice out of all of them. In fact, I think she blows all of them out of the water, except for Melinda, who is also excellent.

I guess the reason I like Jordan a litle better than either of those two that she's a bit younger and cooler. Lakisha and Melinda, don't get me wrong, have amazing voices, but what music will they make? Probably straight R&B which I don't really care for. I think Jordan would add a little more excitiement when she makes new music.

Of course it's all somewhat moot as I won't be buying an album that anyone from American Idol ever puts out, but when songs come on VH1 or MTV and I'm flipping channels, I'll watch them occasionally out of interest to see what they're up to.

I'm happy that Chris and Phil got out last night. Chris was only on because he looks like Justin Timberlake, and Phil was only on because he's in the Navy. Neither of them were that good at all.

I used to think Melinda and LaKisha were the two indisputable frontrunners, but now I'm not sure. LaKisha KILLED IT the first round of semifinals when it was the top 12 girls, but she hasn't really impressed me since then. Melinda is great pretty much every week, but I think her "I'm-so-surprised-people-like-me!" act has gotten kind of old.

I'd definitely be most excited by a Jordin/Blake finale.

And for those who watched the result show last night, what was up with that Robin Thicke dude? #1 on the R&B charts apparently, but what was his deal? Singing in a super-soft falsetto that was barely audible, and doing all these weird dance moves? It was just really bizarre. Was it some kind of art project, or a parody of something, or what? I don't get it.

062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ May 3 2007, 04:04 PM)
I'm happy that Chris and Phil got out last night. Chris was only on because he looks like Justin Timberlake, and Phil was only on because he's in the Navy. Neither of them were that good at all.

I used to think Melinda and LaKisha were the two indisputable frontrunners, but now I'm not sure. LaKisha KILLED IT the first round of semifinals when it was the top 12 girls, but she hasn't really impressed me since then. Melinda is great pretty much every week, but I think her "I'm-so-surprised-people-like-me!" act has gotten kind of old.

I thought Chris was a decent singer, not amazing, but pretty good. Phil never impressed me too much, but I thought his last performance when he did the Bon Jovi track was pretty stellar.

Still, I'm glad they both left as it left the TRULY great final four as they should be - Jordin, Melinda, Lakisha and Blake. I was so relieved that Jordin didn't get kicked out after the previous week's bottom two vote and her weak performance on Bon Jovi week. Thankfully enough people must have called in to save her as every other performance of hers has been amazing.

It'll be an interesting and heartbreaking last 2-3 weeks, although I wouldn't be surprised if all 4 of the finalists didn't get album contracts. I think picking who will win is going to be a pretty tough call, although I suspect Blake might pull it off for his incredible originality, even if he doesn't have quite the voice the women do. I'm still pulling for Jordin...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 5 2007, 08:51 AM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ May 3 2007, 04:04 PM)

I thought Chris was a decent singer, not amazing, but pretty good. Phil never impressed me too much, but I thought his last performance when he did the Bon Jovi track was pretty stellar.

Still, I'm glad they both left as it left the TRULY great final four as they should be - Jordin, Melinda, Lakisha and Blake. I was so relieved that Jordin didn't get kicked out after the previous week's bottom two vote and her weak performance on Bon Jovi week. Thankfully enough people must have called in to save her as every other performance of hers has been amazing.

It'll be an interesting and heartbreaking last 2-3 weeks, although I wouldn't be surprised if all 4 of the finalists didn't get album contracts. I think picking who will win is going to be a pretty tough call, although I suspect Blake might pull it off for his incredible originality, even if he doesn't have quite the voice the women do. I'm still pulling for Jordin...

Like I said, I'd be most excited by a Blake/Jordin finale. Lakisha definitely should go this week, and then it's up in the air after that.

I'm rooting for Melinda Doolittle. Talent-wise, I think she's the best vocalist.

I've got to give props to Blake, though. He's the biggest "artist" that the show has right now - perhaps ever. He takes a song, filters it through his own artistic prism, and comes up with something unique and interesting - his own vision.

I was originally voting with my "small head," and rooting for hottie Haley Scarnato. Of course, she couldn't last.

I was also interested in the Sanjaya War, and kinda rooting for him to upset the whole thing. Now that's over.

So... I'm losing interest, but picking Melinda.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ May 10 2007, 12:14 AM)
OK, they made the right choice tonight.

yes.gif

It's getting tougher to pick, though. Any of the remaining singers would be a good Idol.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ May 10 2007, 03:34 AM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ May 10 2007, 12:14 AM)
OK, they made the right choice tonight.

yes.gif

It's getting tougher to pick, though. Any of the remaining singers would be a good Idol.

This was a tough week as while I agreed Lakisha should have gone, she was only very marginally and very arguably weaker than the remaining three. I too am pulling for a Jordin/Blake finale, although it'd be heartbreakin to see Melinda get kicked off too. Tough year - a few really high quality people left...

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ May 11 2007, 08:25 PM)
Sadly, I think Blake is next to go, unless he really kills it next week.

They can only do better than Bon Jovi week and Bee Gees week.

That's true, those were two sucky weeks, although I think Blake hit a home run on the Bon Jovi song.

I dunno, it's a really tough call. The remaining three are all VERY talented, so it may just come down to who gives the best performance.

I still predict Blake will win just because he's stylistically so original, even if Jordin and Melinda can belt it out more powerfully. Ironically, I think Blake is the easist shoe-in to get an album contract regardless of whether he wins or not.

I think Melinda and Jordin will likely get one too, but they might need the added star power of being an American Idol winner to help boost sales, unless they just have a killer song that really connects. Melinda doesn't really have the "look", but she certainly has the talent. Jordin more has the "look" and is so young which will work in her favor. Mind you, looks for me have no impact in the slightest over what music I listen to, and I won't be buying any album by any American Idol contestant regardless, but I'm just saying in terms of potential success in the shallow popular music world we currently have.

You never know who's gonna really make it on AI. Some past winners like Ruben, Fantasia and Taylor have only had midling success, while others who didn't win like Clay Aiken and Chris Daughtery have fared far better. Then again, people like Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood and Jennifer Hudson have had monster success. Just because someone wins, doesn't mean they'll be the most successful anyway...

If there's any problem with the judges as regards picking a winner, maybe the contestants fight to the death with rusty forks for the right to the sole ownership of the title?? This would make me watch the show, as long as it was to the death of course. And maybe the week after the judges could "reach for their forks" too, and we'd find out who's REALLY the best judge. I wonder if the other judges will all gang up on Simon Cowell and really fork him. The crowd could have a chant to yell out, IS HE DONE YET???

laugh.gif