49 members have voted

1. 1. fav movie by him

• Reservoir Dogs
    • Pulp Fiction
    • Jackie Brown
    • Kill Bill volume 1
    • Kill Bill volume 2

QUOTE (kazzman @ Jan 3 2007, 03:30 PM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jan 3 2007, 11:58 AM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Jan 3 2007, 11:35 AM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 3 2007, 07:49 AM)
Moderator note:

Let's watch the racial slurs, folks.

I don't care if you are quoting a movie, it's still unacceptable and not allowed on this forum.

Thanks bunches!

If somebody doesn't like the word, then that's their problem.

Wrong. If someone insists they need to use the word they can leave and use it elsewhere.

bekloppt.gif

Leaving AGAIN? Geez, seems like you just made your "I am leaving, please kiss my ass and tell me not to leave and tell me how much you love me" post again just a couple of months ago. But you keep coming back just to bitch with things like "Looks like nothing has changed here" and such. NOTE TO KAZZ: IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT HERE THEN LEAVE!

Seriously Kazz, your above post saying "Oh well. Sorry for not being politically correct like society tells me to be. It's only a word that people take out of context more than they should. Again, if somebody has a problem with it, then it's their problem and they need to learn how to deal with it." shows a serious lack of maturity. The word filter is there for a reason. Respect the rules.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Jan 9 2007, 07:06 AM)
Went with Pulp, although I love the Kill Bill films and think Jackie Brown is actually very underrated.

I'm just watching Jackie Brown now for the first time in a long time and I can't understand how QT made a near 3 hour film out of a very short 290 page novel (Rum Punch). Although I'm enjoying it, the performances of all the cast are excellent and it's funny too (the scene where Samuel L is persuading this Beaumont guy to get in the trunk of a car is hilarious) it's drawn out way too much for a story of this type. It's a quality production alright but it's too self-indulgant to match up to Pulp or Dogs.

One more thing about the cast Forster was an inspired choice to play Max Cherry as was Pam Grier in the title role.

Pulp Fiction used to be my favorite, but I think Kill Bill Vol. 1 is now. The atmosphere in the theater was great and the movie was so overtop I couldn't help but love it. I've got a huge vinyl poster in my living room. The f*cker almost covers the entire section of wall it's on.

I went with Pulp Fiction. This came out when I was a junior in college. It was the first Tarantino that I ever saw, and it was the movie that blew my mind and made me "get" cinema as an art form in a way I never had before. I saw it in the theater 7 or 8 times. Shortly thereafter I saw Reservoir Dogs. I think RD might be more successful artistically but PF will always have that initial impact for me.

After that...?

*WHEW*

I saw Jackie Brown once. Once. It was fine, I guess, but didn't do anything for me.

Then I saw Kill Bill Volume One. Hated it. HATED IT. HATED IT. Maybe it's because I'm not into either kung fu movies nor comic books, but I found parts of it almost unwatchable. I almost walked out. I never bothered to see Volume Two, although I've been led to believe I might like it better than the first.

QUOTE (Room 34 @ Jan 13 2007, 12:18 PM)

Then I saw Kill Bill Volume One. Hated it. HATED IT. HATED IT. Maybe it's because I'm not into either kung fu movies nor comic books, but I found parts of it almost unwatchable. I almost walked out. I never bothered to see Volume Two, although I've been led to believe I might like it better than the first.

Well, I like comics and I used to watch kung fu movies. BUT, like you, I thought that parts of Kill Bill were almost unwatchable. I only watched part 2 because I thought that it might improve. It did slightly...I guess. But I still didn't like either one.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 13 2007, 09:40 AM)
I really grew to LOVE Jackie Brown, easily 2nd place for me after Pulp.

"Louis... Louissssss"

(*boom*)

"See, I told you the car was over here!"

Classic film.

Having read the book I suppose I had different expectations of it, it's much pacier and keeps the momentum going right to the end, by comparison the film just drifts and drifts and drifts...

Ooohh the first one to vote for Jackie Brown, me...

Great as it is, Pulp Fiction would probably be my least favourite out of them all.. And I definitely couldn't put one Kill Bill over the other. Althout I first watched them more than a year apart, it's now ONE film to me...

I would say

1. Jackie --- kept me on the edge of my seat the first time for the whole film, I'm savouring its deliciousness every time I watch it..

2. Kill Bill---- one word - BEAUTIFUL

3. Reservoir Dogs - the last Tarantino film I watched, funnily enough.. Very deep.

4. Pulp Fiction --- Great. But.. I kinda know it too well now.. Doesn't do the same for me as the other films when I watch it again and again...

5. Natural Born Killers - enjoyable, but not as BEAUTIFUL as Kill Bill and not as deep as Researvoir Dogs...

QUOTE (HisCounterpart @ Jan 23 2009, 10:23 AM)

Great as it is, Pulp Fiction would probably be my least favourite out of them all.. And I definitely couldn't put one Kill Bill over the other. Althout I first watched them more than a year apart, it's now ONE film to me...

I would say

1. Jackie --- kept me on the edge of my seat the first time for the whole film, I'm savouring its deliciousness every time I watch it..
3. Reservoir Dogs - the last Tarantino film I watched, funnily enough.. Very deep.
4. Pulp Fiction --- Great. But.. I kinda know it too well now.. Doesn't do the same for me as the other films when I watch it again and again...
5. Natural Born Killers - enjoyable, but not as BEAUTIFUL as Kill Bill and not as deep as Researvoir Dogs...

"Natural Born Killers" was directed by Oliver Stone. wink.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 23 2009, 03:41 PM)
QUOTE (HisCounterpart @ Jan 23 2009, 10:23 AM)

I would say

"Natural Born Killers" was directed by Oliver Stone. wink.gif

In your own words, Oops! wink.gif

But for me it's still a Tarantino film.. biggrin.gif It's very Tarantino)))

Another one like that is Dusk Till Dawn... I knew I'd forgotten something

I just gotta say it.....I f***ing hated Death Proof. I didn't think a director I liked so much could make such a shitty movie, but I hated everything about it. I felt like I watched some skanks talk for two hours and then beat up my man Kurt.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e187/efm8041/menInFilm.jpg

Haaaaaaaated iiiiiiiiiiit.

His movies are too intense for me ohmy.gif - not my cup of tea. I have seen the Kill Bills - QT's got some issues - but then again don't we all? I don't think women are as much in to QT's movies than men are.

back to work...

Didn't he also do that movie called "4 Rooms"? Or did he just play in that?

Edit: I'm an idiot and forgot to put an "s" on the end of "room" biggrin.gif

Edited by JDL2112