• Pulp Fiction
    • Jackie Brown
    • Kill Bill volume 1
    • Kill Bill volume 2

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'd pick Pulp Fiction, I like the way the story is told out of chronological order and the variety of the interlinking tales is rich, there's lots of different moods and vibes, romance, horror, black comedy, neo-noir to name but a few.

True Romance

Even though he didn't direct it, it's still a Tarantino film. Plus, it's got one of the greatest scenes in motion picture history.

"Sicilians were spawned by [Offensive Word]"

(Moderator edit-offensive content.)

Edited by Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (kazzman @ Jan 1 2007, 11:32 PM)
True Romance

Even though he didn't direct it, it's still a Tarantino film. Plus, it's got one of the greatest scenes in motion picture history.

"Sicilians were spawned by [Offensive Word]"

That was funny...

laugh.gif

He'd have been killed though well before he finished that little tale in reality...they'd have slapped him silly then shot him dead the first time he even got close to saying it...

(Moderator edit: offensive content.)

Edited by Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (Sonilink @ Jan 2 2007, 04:07 PM)
I just realised he also dirrected some of Sin City, I didn't know that ohmy.gif

Yeah the Dwight/Jackie Boy scene. From the first viewing of that scene has Tarantino written all over it.

I can't wait for Grindhouse either...

Pulp Fiction. Although I really enjoyed R. Dogs and Jackie B. I was disappointed with both Kill Bills. I thought the story was a bit drawn out, the fight scenes looked more like dance sequences, and MOST IMPORTANT: there wasn't any of the wit that filled the other 3 movies on that list.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jan 2 2007, 06:35 PM)
Pulp Fiction. Although I really enjoyed R. Dogs and Jackie B. I was disappointed with both Kill Bills. I thought the story was a bit drawn out, the fight scenes looked more like dance sequences, and MOST IMPORTANT: there wasn't any of the wit that filled the other 3 movies on that list.

goodpost.gif

KB vol 1 and 2 were simply mounds of over choreographed gratuitous violence with no real purpose. Maybe I just didn't get it but it bored me and his movies usually don't.

Moderator note:

Let's watch the racial slurs, folks.

I don't care if you are quoting a movie, it's still unacceptable and not allowed on this forum.

Thanks bunches!

I never saw Reservoir Dogs after hearing how violent and harsh it was. I know it's supposed to be a classic and all, but I've never been able to get myself to watch it.

I almost didn't watch Pulp Fiction for the same reason, but people raved about it SO much and SO loudly for SO long that I finally gave in and saw it. Oddly, I don't remember it that well. I remember it being quirky, stylish, and of course very violent, but other than that it didn't really stick in my memory. While I guess I could see why others love it so much, it wasn't really my kind of thing, and I've never been inspired to seek it out again.

Jackie Brown I saw, and it was similarly unmemorable for me. It was good, I guess.

The Kill Bill movies I've so far avoided seeing after hearing how excessively violent they were as well. I just never saw the upside of seeing them.

I dunno, no matter how good extremely violent movies are supposed to be, I just generally am not into them, and unless they happen to have really incredible storylines like say a Goodfellas, Scarface or Gangs of New York, I find them to be unnecessarily disturbing, not to mention pretty instantaneously forgettable... eh.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 3 2007, 07:49 AM)
Moderator note:

I don't care if you are quoting a movie, it's still unacceptable and not allowed on this forum.

Thanks bunches!

If somebody doesn't like the word, then that's their problem.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Jan 3 2007, 11:35 AM)
Moderator note:

Thanks bunches!

Wrong. If someone insists they need to use the word they can leave and use it elsewhere.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Jan 3 2007, 12:35 PM)
Moderator note:

Thanks bunches!

I'm not trying to start anything with you, Kazz, but I just can't believe you said that.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 3 2007, 08:24 AM)
I never saw Reservoir Dogs after hearing how violent and harsh it was. I know it's supposed to be a classic and all, but I've never been able to get myself to watch it.

I almost didn't watch Pulp Fiction for the same reason, but people raved about it SO much and SO loudly for SO long that I finally gave in and saw it. Oddly, I don't remember it that well. I remember it being quirky, stylish, and of course very violent, but other than that it didn't really stick in my memory. While I guess I could see why others love it so much, it wasn't really my kind of thing, and I've never been inspired to seek it out again.

Jackie Brown I saw, and it was similarly unmemorable for me. It was good, I guess.

The Kill Bill movies I've so far avoided seeing after hearing how excessively violent they were as well. I just never saw the upside of seeing them.

I dunno, no matter how good extremely violent movies are supposed to be, I just generally am not into them, and unless they happen to have really incredible storylines like say a Goodfellas, Scarface or Gangs of New York, I find them to be unnecessarily disturbing, not to mention pretty instantaneously forgettable... eh.gif

It's because you're a hippy mate, why the surprise? It's obvious you're not gonna like these kinds of films, my mum doesn't either. So you don't like hard rocking Rush albums and you don't like tough films no big deal, love, love love is all you need right? Just go back to light drama and you'll feel much happier or at least get rid of that sad face...

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

(love love love Goobs)

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 3 2007, 10:21 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 3 2007, 08:24 AM)
I never saw Reservoir Dogs after hearing how violent and harsh it was.  I know it's supposed to be a classic and all, but I've never been able to get myself to watch it. 

I almost didn't watch Pulp Fiction for the same reason, but people raved about it SO much and SO loudly for SO long that I finally gave in and saw it.  Oddly, I don't remember it that well.  I remember it being quirky, stylish, and of course very violent, but other than that it didn't really stick in my memory.  While I guess I could see why others love it so much, it wasn't really my kind of thing, and I've never been inspired to seek it out again.

Jackie Brown I saw, and it was similarly unmemorable for me.  It was good, I guess.

The Kill Bill movies I've so far avoided seeing after hearing how excessively violent they were as well.  I just never saw the upside of seeing them. 

I dunno, no matter how good extremely violent movies are supposed to be, I just generally am not into them, and unless they happen to have really incredible storylines like say a Goodfellas, Scarface or Gangs of New York, I find them to be unnecessarily disturbing, not to mention pretty instantaneously forgettable...  eh.gif

It's because you're a hippy mate, why the surprise? It's obvious you're not gonna like these kinds of films, my mum doesn't either. So you don't like hard rocking Rush albums and you don't like tough films no big deal, love, love love is all you need right? Just go back to light drama and you'll feel much happier or at least get rid of that sad face...

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

(love love love Goobs)

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 3 2007, 12:51 PM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Jan 3 2007, 12:35 PM)
Moderator note:

Thanks bunches!

I'm not trying to start anything with you, Kazz, but I just can't believe you said that.

Oh well. Sorry for not being politically correct like society tells me to be. It's only a word that people take out of context more than they should. Again, if somebody has a problem with it, then it's their problem and they need to learn how to deal with it.

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jan 3 2007, 11:58 AM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Jan 3 2007, 11:35 AM)
Moderator note:

Thanks bunches!

Wrong. If someone insists they need to use the word they can leave and use it elsewhere.

bekloppt.gif