Will you download it?

Earthshine

Will you wait for the next album to be released?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Will you wait for the next album to be released?

• No! Absolutelty not! They would NOT want this!
    • Yes! Who's going to know? Everybody does it!
    • I don't know yet
    • Do the right thing and wait for treeduck to hear it first!
    • Maybe
    • I already have heard it. It is all country music!
    • I already have heard it. It is the BEST album yet!

When Vapor Trails was about to come out, somebody (who? a former roadie maybe?) leaked it all over the internet and the whole album was out before it was even officially released. A few radio stations had "samples" of songs but that was it. I heard some of these, but never downloaded the album. I wanted the real thing.

This "sneak peak" of the album really kind of spoiled the surprise of the joy and innocence of sitting down and listening to a brand new Rush album (with headphones on and the lyric sheet; something I have done with every Rush album since Hemispheres came out) that you have not heard a note of before; except maybe for one song on the radio.

Will you wait?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may listen to it, may, but it doesn't count really, I've not got it till i have the CD case in my hand. I've never been a big downloader I wasn't even a fan of CDs when they introduced them, in fact I dismissed them as not for me EVER. But of course I cracked a few years down the line. Maybe that'll happen with downloads too but i don't feel myself cracking just yet.

As for the album I think I'll resist temptation and you fellow Rushiacs should too and you know why? Because you can only listen to a new album for the first time once. Do you really want that first time to be on your shitty computer??? Not me brother.

If a computer's all you've got to listen with well ok, but I advise you to go out ASAP and buy a proper stereo while you still have time, wait for the album stick it in the deck and just let it burn!!!

I checked "no," but not for that reason. I could care less what the boys want, personally. Even if they encouraged downloading the leak, I wouldn't do it. Simply because with my favorite bands (like Rush), I like buy the album before I listen to it, just sort of to build suspense. I am going to start avoiding this forum when the album is announced officially. I want to know nothing, and hear not one note, before I buy it.

I don't do the illegal downloads; I only download stuff from iTunes. But with Rush I will probably buy the CD, even if it's more expensive.

If the tunes are available online (legally) prior to the release, I might check them out, but I'll still be buying the CD on the release date!

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Dec 31 2006, 12:59 AM)
The poll question should be "Will you download the new album before it is released".

Please vote Yes or No or whatever according to this question.

Creating these polls can be confusing. Sorry!

No I want to hear it properly...ripping and burning are very good phrases downloading nuts should be ripped and burned!!!

(flames, flames, flames are all around them)

QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 31 2006, 12:54 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 31 2006, 12:49 AM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Dec 31 2006, 12:20 AM)
...I could care less what the boys want, personally...

You could *not* care less. cool.gif

very careless...

sad.gif

Hahaha, just having fun. Its one of my two major pet peeves in grammar. The other is the rampant misuse of quotes and apostrophes, something Neil mentioned in Roadshow oddly enough.

I am no writing expert by any means, but in this case, the slang completely changes the meaning of the phrase.

That iz awl!

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 31 2006, 01:25 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 31 2006, 12:54 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 31 2006, 12:49 AM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Dec 31 2006, 12:20 AM)
...I could care less what the boys want, personally...

You could *not* care less. cool.gif

very careless...

sad.gif

Hahaha, just having fun. Its one of my two major pet peeves in grammar. The other is the rampant misuse of quotes and apostrophes, something Neil mentioned in Roadshow oddly enough.

I am no writing expert by any means, but in this case, the slang completely changes the meaning of the phrase.

That iz awl!

What about American people who want to type how they talk???

I wouldn't have a problem with listening to it if I could get it from a site I trust...I'm pretty paranoid about what I download. If they post a song or two, or clips, on the band's site (HA!), or if someone posts it on Youtube set to a Rush-themed slideshow (it's happened with other bands...) then I'd listen to it. I don't think I'm being unfair to the band, because I'll still buy the CD when it's released. But I don't have a problem with "ruining the surprise". I've waited long enough.

And listening to it with my cheap computer speakers isn't an issue...they're the best speakers I have unsure.gif

I'm waiting. Likealot of people, I would rather keep the suspense of a new album intanct, and get into my nice quiet place, and listen to it.

I usually dont listen to well when I'm on the computer because i'm usually doing something else, so i'll wait.

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Dec 31 2006, 10:58 AM)
H'mmmm a linching Mob in the wait here if someone says they will download it So I will keep you in suspence in my answer tongue.gif

laugh.gif

i have to buy it...

it is part of a collection after all....

Archived