What game(s) are you playing through right now?

deadwing2112

I just got a new computer so I'm currently playing Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, and The Witcher 2. Mass Effect 3 is currently my favorite, followed by Witcher and Skyrim. I thought Skyrim would be better but it just seems borin'. Maybe it's the mood I was in when I played it last, I'm gonna give it another shot later. I'm also not a fan of how they've changed Witcher. Why must they always chage things? It wasn't broke and it didn't need fixin'!

I went drinking with some of the Witcher development team in Poland. Good guys (and gal). I'll let them know that you think they suck :D

I'm playing Titanfall...very fun though not as groundbreaking as advertised.

I tried playing some old God of War games but they are too repetitive and simple....and I generally like those qualities in a game!

I am also deciding whether to start FFX or Tales of Symphonia. Any recs?

I just got a new computer so I'm currently playing Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, and The Witcher 2. Mass Effect 3 is currently my favorite, followed by Witcher and Skyrim. I thought Skyrim would be better but it just seems borin'. Maybe it's the mood I was in when I played it last, I'm gonna give it another shot later. I'm also not a fan of how they've changed Witcher. Why must they always chage things? It wasn't broke and it didn't need fixin'!

I went drinking with some of the Witcher development team in Poland. Good guys (and gal). I'll let them know that you think they suck :D

I agree the new combat in witcher 2 sucked. Ruined what would have been an otherwise awesome game.
  • Like 1

Just finished playing through MYST. Was cleaning out my family's storage unit and found the old disc in a box. Really clever game, also pretty difficult at times (there were a few times I had to take a quick peek at a walkthrough)...I've got a soft spot for the old point and click puzzle type games.

I always liked the Myst series too. Played the original back in the early 90s. Did you ever play the other ones (up to Myst 5)?

I found skyrim to be a highly over rated game. It's a huge, decent looking world filled with nothing. The main story makes little sense and is weak at the best of times and you can be the headmaster of the prestigious school of magic in winterhelm and not only will nobody recognize you as the headmaster, but you can do with with only the most basic of spells and hardly any skill points invested into magic. It doesn't help that they're using the same gameplay and engine as they did in Morrowind (elder scrolls 3).

I loved the mass effect series start to finish - 15 minutes. I like to pretend the last 15 minutes never happened. When you're done, I highly recommend you look up the most popular fan explanation for the ending (you'll know it when you find it...I can't give the title of the theory without giving a little bit away). Everything makes sense under that theory and I'm surprised they didn't use that when they extended the ending via DLC.

Edited by USB Connector
  • Like 1

I started South Park: The Stick of Truth yesterday. Funniest game ever.

Do you have to know the show well? I like the first few seasons but I just don't watch much anymore. When I watch I like it, but I can't get my wife into it and there's limited "me" time in my life. Will the game still be fun/funny for someone like me?

Knowing the show and the characters probably makes it funnier, but I still think most would find it funny on it's own. My only complaints would be that it's pretty short and not too challenging. I played through it twice and platinumed it on the second playthough in about 12 hours, but it was hilarious the whole time.

Edited by Storm Shadow

Okay.

I gave Sky rim another chance, it's getting better. Like I said, it must have been my mood at the time.

I gave Sky rim another chance, it's getting better. Like I said, it must have been my mood at the time.

Jack, you need to try DayZ... I think you would love that one. Basically it is survival while 1st person shooter. You start off on the coast of a 15km x 15km map in a fictional block of Russia (all the signs are in Russian, etc) and all you have is a flashlight and a battery in your jeans. You loot houses and military bases and such finding better clothing, food, water, gun and ammo (if you are lucky or know where to go to find). As time progresses you need to eat to avoid starvation and drink to avoid dehydration, etc... And zombies everywhere to avoid or kill with a blunt object or gun(s)... It is still in alpha mode (not even beta yet) but well worth the $39.99 via Steam but you will get the Beta and retail version when they progress to that point as well once you pay the $39.99...

• Like 1

Jack, you need to try DayZ... I think you would love that one. Basically it is survival while 1st person shooter. You start off on the coast of a 15km x 15km map in a fictional block of Russia (all the signs are in Russian, etc) and all you have is a flashlight and a battery in your jeans. You loot houses and military bases and such finding better clothing, food, water, gun and ammo (if you are lucky or know where to go to find). As time progresses you need to eat to avoid starvation and drink to avoid dehydration, etc... And zombies everywhere to avoid or kill with a blunt object or gun(s)... It is still in alpha mode (not even beta yet) but well worth the $39.99 via Steam but you will get the Beta and retail version when they progress to that point as well once you pay the $39.99...

Awesome, thanks! I will check it out.

Skyrim's actually become really fun now that I've gotten into it. Is it me, or is it actually tougher than Oblivion? Killing dragons ain't easy!

That's good to hear about Skyrim. I started it then got bored with it then wandered off. I'll give it another try.

It's been a few months since I've posted :hi: and I've done quite a bit of gaming for most of them.

Crusader Kings II - about 1,000 hours on this game. I love and adore this game. Clan Ua Neill Noigiallach!

Europa Universalis IV - beat my head against France in the Hundred Years War to absorb the mechanics and differences between EUIV and CKII

Dragon Age: Origins - I decided to recoup my losses (bought and abandoned after I sought to match Mass Effect trilogy - a futile effort, imo) Turned out I loved the game afterall.

Banished - banished from you town you must start a new one using Middle Ages technology. Kinda like watching paint dry. Or grass grow...literally...

Gone Home - a strange game (?) unlike anything I've played before. No strategy, no combat, no puzzles other than putting the story together for yourself. I loved it :ebert:

Skyrim - I want to like this game and will try again.

Diaspora - A fan-made Battlestar Galactica (RDM version) Viper/Raptor flight simulator. Extremely well done and very challenging. Holy frak! :o

edit to correct typos from my apparently non-functional fingers

Edited by CygnusGal
  • Like 1

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/Steel_rat/Nestalgia_title.png

This is the game that's taken over my life for the last three years (Click the above image!). My avatar on TRF has been my NEStalgia character for a couple years now. It just made it onto steam a couple weeks ago, and for $15, I HIGHLY recommend it. It's a mix between a NES RPG (Dragon Warrior, Final Fantasy) and an MMO, taking many of the elements of WoW and bringing them back to the 80's; Rare gear, quests, dungeons, bosses, auction house, open PvP (or not, if you prefer), and more. It's every bit as addicting as you think it is.

If you want to play with me, you'll find me on the Zenithia server. :) It's a free demo up to level 10, you simply need to try it.

• Like 1

Having spent the weekend playing, I'm starting to enjoy Skyrim a little more. It is beautifully rendered (stunningly beautiful, actually) and I'm starting to like to story a little better. It's helped that I've moved back towards my typical play-style and stopped trying to do a little bit of everything as I discovered how everything in the game worked.

This is the game that's taken over my life for the last three years (Click the above image!). My avatar on TRF has been my NEStalgia character for a couple years now. It just made it onto steam a couple weeks ago, and for $15, I HIGHLY recommend it. It's a mix between a NES RPG (Dragon Warrior, Final Fantasy) and an MMO, taking many of the elements of WoW and bringing them back to the 80's; Rare gear, quests, dungeons, bosses, auction house, open PvP (or not, if you prefer), and more. It's every bit as addicting as you think it is.

If you want to play with me, you'll find me on the Zenithia server. :) It's a free demo up to level 10, you simply need to try it.

Any chance this will be available on iOS devices any time soon?

Any chance this will be available on iOS devices any time soon?

Not soon, unfortunately, though it's planned to port "eventually."

Some people have reported success utilizing some sort of streaming program which allowed them to play NEStalgia on their mobile devices, though it's extremely laggy. Fortunately, lag doesn't really detract from a turn-based experience.

So, I got bored with Skyrim...again (run around and stab something, run over here and stab something else, stab it with a sword, stab it with flame, stab it quietly, etc...). I like Europa Universalis 4, but I miss the personal character side of the game (Henry VII of England...but who's he married to? How are his children?) Crusader Kings II is a much more a game with a personal story of a family, so I'm back playing that again.

Since the 2.1 patch, old saves are not compatible with the new code (there is a Steam utility to allow old saves to run) so I'm rebuilding my CK2 worlds post 2.1. I bought the CK2 to EU4 converter so I can carry my nations forward to the next game.

A grand game is in the works (well a few grand games, actually) to span 1000 years history with an 867 ToG start and ending in EU4. I have three going now. Ua Niall has become King of Ireland (!) and now has an eye on England, Scotland and Wales and continental Europe; Alfred of Dorset is attempting to kill his worthless brother, eject the Viking hordes from Wessex and unite England under his banner; and in the Byzantine east, The Basileus from the House of Makedon is starting the quest to mend the Great Schism and restore the Roman Empire to it's rightful place of glory.

Ahh, good times... :D

I dug Sacred 2: Fallen Angel out for the first time in forever last night. If you've never played it, it's very similar to the Diablo games. I had a level 20 shadow warrior but forgot exactly where he was so made a Seraphrim. It's kind of like a female paladin who used to be in KISS and fights in a metal bikini and high heels (no, seriously high heels).

It's a fun game that's supposed to have a gigantic map but I've never seen more than 15% of it total it says.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2rqk02t.jpg

Edited by Del_Duio

So many: XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Final Fantasy XIII, Lego Marvel Superheroes, Fallout: New Vegas, Star Fox 64, and Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess to name a few.
  • Like 1

Wolfenstein: The New Order.

Enjoying it quite a bit. :)