Ozric Tentacles

tangy

QUOTE (tjtull @ Jun 3 2011, 02:09 PM)
Love the Ozrics!! My two favorites are Jurassiac Shift and Arborescence. Some really hippy/trippy stuff...and I like that kind of stuff.

nice! trink39.gif

Arboresence was my first ozrics disc and it remains a favorite. a buddy gave me a copy to check out. a few months later i drove 3 hours to catch a show in the summer of 1999.

I expected the show to be great and even though i did know not a single song they played that night it was one of the best shows i have ever seen.

Huge fan...just recently began collecting all their vinyl albums. I just need Erpland, Slide Gliding Worlds, and Live Underslunky to complete my Ozrics LP collection.

I gotta say, the vinyl rips I've done of their albums sound great...especially Waterfall Cities and Hidden Step.

Can't wait for the new album!

QUOTE (marblesmike @ Jun 5 2011, 03:05 PM)
Huge fan...just recently began collecting all their vinyl albums. I just need Erpland, Slide Gliding Worlds, and Live Underslunky to complete my Ozrics LP collection.

I gotta say, the vinyl rips I've done of their albums sound great...especially Waterfall Cities and Hidden Step.

They are back together??

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Jun 6 2011, 07:35 AM)
Huge fan...just recently began collecting all their vinyl albums.  I just need Erpland, Slide Gliding Worlds, and Live Underslunky to complete my Ozrics LP collection.

They are back together??

yeah, but its more a family deal that an a true band. Really its Eds band and he has changed the line up several times. Ed plays guitar and keys. His wife Brandi plays bass and Ed's son Silas plays the keys. Can't remember the drummers name. they are still great live.

Anyways they moved from england to CO a few years back. They are working on a new disc too.

trink39.gif nice. I caught both the WC and THS tours in Colorado.

QUOTE (CutToTheBass @ Jun 5 2011, 07:47 AM)
Awesome band! I haven't listened to them as much as I'd like to, only a couple of songs and most of Pungent Effulgent. I'm still so proud of myself for picking out Kick Muck by ear. 653.gif

talk about a tune that was ahead of its time! 1022.gif

Waterfall Cities is my favourite, but truth be told they all are pretty much the same (to my ears anyway!). Great for listening to in the car.....electric groove music with some outstanding riffing from guitarist Ed Wynn. cool10.gif

QUOTE (2112mjh @ Aug 8 2011, 02:53 PM)
Waterfall Cities is my favourite, but truth be told they all are pretty much the same (to my ears anyway!). Great for listening to in the car.....electric groove music with some outstanding riffing from guitarist Ed Wynn. cool10.gif

yeah, i love waterfall cities. in terms of them sounding alike thats fair criticism. more or less its been a one man show with Ed dominating the songwriting for the past 20+ years.

the older stuff with merv and joie is more "organic" with lots of world beats and spacey parts. when seaweed and rad joined for become the other ( one of my faves ) they became more techno/keys oriented. now that only Ed remains as a old school member it seems to have gone even more techno. they are still great live though. there live shows are considerably heavier than their studio sound, as in some of the heaviest licks i have ever seen. face melters.....

cool10.gif

I was really into the Ozrics throughout the nineties and have kinda lost touch with what's going on.( Tbh it's since I stopped smoking the herb ). Really need to catch up with the last three or four albums.

Seen them many times, small clubs, festivals and their legendary allnighters which had some great line ups. Through the Ozrics I got to see eat static (obviously), system 7 with Steve hillidge, gong, senser (highly recommende and recently reformed) the levellers, fun da mental, oh alsorts of bands.

Very happy days indeed.

I do remember reading a review of a show many years back in kerrang magazine. It was basically this, "grass grass grass, I thought I was in a meadow. The ozric tentacles are the ostrich testicles, see them now !"

(another offshoot, sort off if you can find it is Seaweeds earlier band "the thunderdogs-thundermental. Hmm, punky-ish, levellers meet the ozric without the folk influence. Top track, the LSD conspiracy).

Oh man, just looked up if they're touring (no ) but got linked to other gigs. Banco de Gaia still going !!! That takes me bank some. (yea did I enjoy the ambience thing).

Edited by Gilby