The Saw Thread

deadwing2112

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Oct 30 2006, 11:36 PM)

by the looks & from what my nephews buddy said
#4 should be out next yr wacko.gif

saw franchise = beathorse.gif

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally SAW SAW3 tonight...

I thought it was wayyyy better than saw 2, and complimented saw 1 pretty good.

I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised by it, after seing 2, I thought the whole series was gonna tank.

Saw 2 was the only one worth the time I spent watching it. The twist at the end of Saw 2 is impossibly clever.

I called out the twist in Saw 1 and 3 LONG before anyone ever knew what was going on. Two of the most predictable movies i've ever seen, with not much good story to back them up. Now don't get me wrong, an ending can be predictable, and still a good movie, but they were not.

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Feb 1 2007, 09:50 PM)
Saw 2 was the only one worth the time I spent watching it. The twist at the end of Saw 2 is impossibly clever.

I called out the twist in Saw 1 and 3 LONG before anyone ever knew what was going on. Two of the most predictable movies i've ever seen, with not much good story to back them up. Now don't get me wrong, an ending can be predictable, and still a good movie, but they were not.

And to think I used to like you.... dazed025.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 20 2006, 09:20 AM)
QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Oct 16 2006, 04:11 PM)
Saw 1 was a really great movie.
Saw 2 sucked really bad imho.
Saw 3 looks sweet. But it could be really bad.

Anyone else like these movies?

I won't see them. They look creepy and evil.

I guess a lot of people like that as horror movies seem to do quite well these days. I really dug them up until my early-mid teens, and then I lost interest...

ditto Goob...

biggrin.gif

I saw #3 last weekend, and i really liked it. it still didn't top the original, but there's no way i could expect it to. but i think i enjoyed it more than the second one.

it was definitely a lot gorier than either of the first two, it actually made me flinch a little lol but i could still handle it pretty easily.

even though i have more respect for a movie with a great storyline and awesome drama and stuff, like the first one, i still really like gore-fest type movies so even though it's still not gonna be anywhere near as amazing as the 1st on, i can't wait till #4 comes out just cuz i think these movies are really cool.

Saw 3 rocked!! Way better than Saw 2.

I hope there's no 4th Saw.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Feb 10 2007, 06:21 PM)
QUOTE (wayshway @ Feb 10 2007, 06:11 PM)
Saw 3 rocked!! Way better than Saw 2.

I hope there's no 4th Saw.

Thought 3 was much better than 2 also. (with 1 being the best)

I think part 4 is inevitable.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=18996

Bousman Returns to Direct Saw IV

Source: Lionsgate February 20, 2007

Lionsgate and Twisted Pictures announced today that Darren Lynn Bousman (Saw II and Saw III) is back to helm the next installment of the "Saw" franchise, the most successful horror series in history. The announcement was made jointly by Lionsgate's President of Acquisitions and Co-Productions Peter Block and Senior Vice President of Acquisitions Jason Constantine, and Twisted Pictures' Mark Burg and Oren Koules.

Production offices opened February 12th in Toronto to begin pre-production on Saw IV. Twisted Pictures' Burg and Koules are again producing, and executive producers Daniel Jason Heffner, James Wan, Leigh Whannell, and Stacey Testro also return. Executive producing for Lionsgate are Block and Constantine. Key contributors of the first three films returning include editor Kevin Greutert, director of photography David Armstrong and production designer David Hackl. Saw IV is slated to begin shooting April 16 for six weeks and will be released domestically and internationally October 26, 2007.

Said Block, "Having Darren behind the camera gives 'Saw IV' a real edge, so to speak. He has led this franchise into box office history while proving himself a modern master of psychological terror."

Burg and Koules of Twisted Pictures remarked, "It's great to have the 'Saw' creative team back together for 'Saw IV.' We're looking forward to working with Darren, Lionsgate and all the Twisted minds to bring horror fans more of Jigsaw's gore and games."

Added Bousman, "It's not often that a filmmaker is given the opportunity to follow a genuinely compelling character through two films, much less three. So I'm very excited about picking up the reins on 'Saw IV,' and delving even deeper into the Jigsaw legend."

With a worldwide box office of over $400 million, the "Saw" series is the most successful horror franchise of all time. Saw III opened at #1 domestically on October 27, 2006, and opened at #1 in eleven additional countries, including the U.K. and Australia; it was the year's top-grossing horror film, taking in over $80 million domestically and over $100 internationally. The DVD, released on January 23, 2007, repeated the success of its two predecessors as it debuted as the week's #1 new home entertainment release.

Following Saw IV, Lionsgate, Twisted Pictures and Bousman will reunite for Repo! The Genetic Opera, a horror opera which Bousman will direct from an original story by co-composers and screenwriters Terrence Zdunich and Darren Smith. The film is set in a not-too-distant future when a worldwide epidemic of organ failures inspires a biotech company to launch an organ financing program reminiscent of an automobile loan plan -- complete with a repossession clause. Bousman, who directed the original stage production of "Repo!," has been planning a big screen version for several years. Lionsgate signed on to distribute after viewing a 12-minute promo reel that Bousman created in 1 1/2 days, the exact same scenario that brought the company the first "Saw" feature.

Ya' know, I've never actually seen any of them, but Everyone goes on raving about how wonderful they are. From what I've seen they don't look half as interesting as everyone says. Of course, it's entirely possible I'm just being pessimistic due to my tendency to disagree with Everyone.

Maybe if someone could explain the appeal...?

confused13.gif

for a lot of people it's just an obsession with gore and excitement.

i had a couple of people tell me Saw II is better than the first just because it has more people, goes more places, and has more death.

but while i do get entertainment from that stuff, and really did enjoy Saw II and III, I found the first one to be much better.

the main appeal for the first one is not because of exciting deaths and gore, it's because it's just an overall great film. It's driven more by drama and emotions and stuff than gore, and i just loved it. It's got some great suspense too, and is just overall an excellent thriller.

you should really check the series out, the second two may not do much for you but the original might actually impress you.

QUOTE (Freedom_Fighter @ Feb 21 2007, 12:05 AM)
for a lot of people it's just an obsession with gore and excitement.

i had a couple of people tell me Saw II is better than the first just because it has more people, goes more places, and has more death.

but while i do get entertainment from that stuff, and really did enjoy Saw II and III, I found the first one to be much better.

the main appeal for the first one is not because of exciting deaths and gore, it's because it's just an overall great film. It's driven more by drama and emotions and stuff than gore, and i just loved it. It's got some great suspense too, and is just overall an excellent thriller.

you should really check the series out, the second two may not do much for you but the original might actually impress you.

goodpost.gif

Thats how I feel about the series.

If there's ever a movie that puts you into thinkig "what the hell would I do if it were ME in that position"....It's the original SAW.

when you realize the hopelessness of the characters involved, and then look at some of the things around them that make you just ask WTF?, it just overloads the mind tremendously.

I mean, watch the movie...and the dead guy face down on the floor, with the pistol next to his outstretched hand?

Wtf happened to him?

Psychological thriller to the max.

Beats the shit out nightmare on elm street, scarecrow and all those goofy slasher flicks.....

This has a lot of thought built into it.

I'll share a little secret with you guys that made saw hit me in a place that made sure I would NEVER forget this movie:

Remember the chick with the Conna-Bear (that's a bear-trap) attached to her jaw, the one that was gonna spring open on her and rip her bottom jaw off?

That scene blew me away completely, because as I sat there watching it, MY OWN jaw was wired shut from where it had been broken a couple weeks earlier.

Talk about heebie jeebies.....

And this is what i looked like: http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d134/geddylee2001/icon_eek.gif

laugh.gif

just "saw' 3.

liked it, but first was best.

2nd was tied with 3rd (just average) in my opinion.

I agree

Hey folks...LOOOONG time since I posted on this forum, lol. But, with Snakes and Arrows just around the corner, I figured I'd pop back in and say hey.

Speaking of the SAW films, I was actually at a horror convention a few weeks ago in New Jersey, and got to meet some of the cast members from all 3 films. They were some of THE NICEST people you could ever meet. VERY cool, funny, and just very laid-back. Check out my Myspace page. http://www.myspace.com/alifeson85

On my photos page, I have some pictures of myself with some of the cast members. I didnt get pictures with ALL of them (unfourtunatley), but I DID talk to all of them, and got all their autographs. The people who were there were...

Shawnee Smith - "Amanda" (Saw, Saw II, Saw 3)

Tobin Bell - "Jigsaw" (Saw, Saw II, Saw 3)

Leigh Whannell - "Adam" (Saw, Saw 3. He is also the co-writer of all 3 films)

Noam Jenkins - "Michael" (Venus Fly Trap victim - Saw II)

Tim Burd - "Obi" (Oven victim - Saw II)

Tony Nappo - "Gus" (Peephole Gun victim - Saw II)

J. LaRose - "Troy" (Chain victim - Saw 3)

Barry Flatman - "Judge Halden" (Saw 3)

Debra McCabe - "Danica Scott" (Freezer victim - Saw 3)

All those guys were very cool to meet. smile.gif The other awesome part was getting to meet Shawnee Smith, whom I have had a crush on for the past SEVERAL years - dating back to when the TV sitcom "Becker" was still running in the late 90's. So getting to meet her was just - awesome. Probably one of the sweetest chicks you'll ever meet, too. wink.gif So yea...

I though Saw 3 was quite good. I kinda like the fact that Saw 3 was given a more emotional tone to it, so you actually felt sympathy (if not HATERED) towards the characters...which really CAN'T be said for most horror/suspense-type flicks now days. As for the upcoming Saw 4...I REALLY can't see where they can go with it - then again, this is the "SAW" world we're talking about here, lol, so - who knows. I REALLY do wish though, that it ended at Saw 3. It would have made a VERY solid trilogy - which ALSO can't be said for most horror TRILOGIES now days, either. But with Darren Bousman returning yet AGAIN to direct it - we'll see what happens. Right now i'm just kinda unsure.gif about Saw 4.

Edited by ALifeson85

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Mar 15 2007, 08:07 PM)
Hey folks...LOOOONG time since I posted on this forum, lol. But, with Snakes and Arrows just around the corner, I figured I'd pop back in and say hey.

Speaking of the SAW films, I was actually at a horror convention a few weeks ago in New Jersey, and got to meet some of the cast members from all 3 films. They were some of THE NICEST people you could ever meet. VERY cool, funny, and just very laid-back. Check out my Myspace page. http://www.myspace.com/alifeson85

On my photos page, I have some pictures of myself with some of the cast members. I didnt get pictures with ALL of them (unfourtunatley), but I DID talk to all of them, and got all their autographs. The people who were there were...

Shawnee Smith - "Amanda" (Saw, Saw II, Saw 3)
Tobin Bell - "Jigsaw" (Saw, Saw II, Saw 3)
Leigh Whannell - "Adam" (Saw, Saw 3. He is also the co-writer of all 3 films)
Noam Jenkins - "Michael" (Venus Fly Trap victim - Saw II)
Tim Burd - "Obi" (Oven victim - Saw II)
Tony Nappo - "Gus" (Peephole Gun victim - Saw II)
J. LaRose - "Troy" (Chain victim - Saw 3)
Barry Flatman - "Judge Halden" (Saw 3)
Debra McCabe - "Danica Scott" (Freezer victim - Saw 3)

All those guys were very cool to meet. smile.gif The other awesome part was getting to meet Shawnee Smith, whom I have had a crush on for the past SEVERAL years - dating back to when the TV sitcom "Becker" was still running in the late 90's. So getting to meet her was just - awesome. Probably one of the sweetest chicks you'll ever meet, too. wink.gif So yea...

I though Saw 3 was quite good. I kinda like the fact that Saw 3 was given a more emotional tone to it, so you actually felt sympathy (if not HATERED) towards the characters...which really CAN'T be said for most horror/suspense-type flicks now days. As for the upcoming Saw 4...I REALLY can't see where they can go with it - then again, this is the "SAW" world we're talking about here, lol, so - who knows. I REALLY do wish though, that it ended at Saw 3. It would have made a VERY solid trilogy - which ALSO can't be said for most horror TRILOGIES now days, either. But with Darren Bousman returning yet AGAIN to direct it - we'll see what happens. Right now i'm just kinda unsure.gif about Saw 4.

Hey Al. Long time no see. How you been bro? Glad to see you again. yes.gif