Scorpions

Natural Rush

Hello

Who's a fan of the scorpions ? and which album do you like the most by them ?

my all time scorps favourite album is " Tokyo Tapes " which is a classic in my book

yes.gif

Pretty good hard rock, but a little too "basic" for my taste - too straight-ahead rock, not enough dynamics. But the lead singer has got a very unique voice; easily recognizable.

My wife is a bigger fan than I am; because of her, we own one of their "best of" discs. And I downloaded a copy of my favorite Scorps track - their cover version of the Who's "I Can't Explain."

I'm a Scorps fan, I'm in the process of collecting some of their albums.

So far I've only got the 3-CD Platinum Collection (not recommended BTW, I wish I'd gotten Box of Scorpions instead); and the first album, Lonesome Crow. I have Taken by Force coming to me in the mail as well.

Scorpions lyrics are often rather cheesy IMHO, but the musicianship more than makes up for it. And Klaus Meine (sp?) certainly has a distinctive voice. smile.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Sep 8 2006, 06:36 AM)
Pretty good hard rock, but a little too "basic" for my taste - too straight-ahead rock, not enough dynamics. But the lead singer has got a very unique voice; easily recognizable.

My wife is a bigger fan than I am; because of her, we own one of their "best of" discs. And I downloaded a copy of my favorite Scorps track - their cover version of the Who's "I Can't Explain."

Straight forward rock band - a little one dimensional, but fun and good. For me same as Judas Priest, AC/DC, Boston, ... Dream Theater.... pokey.gif

Three years ago, I won three Scorpions CDs on the radio: Lonesome Crow, Tokyo Tapes, and Taken by Force. Lonesome Crow and Force I have lost long ago, never listened to those much anyway. But Tokyo Tapes is excellent...I haven't listened to it in over a year, but I remember it being a really good live album. Some excellent guitar work on there. That was probably the disc I listened to the most in 7th grade. I should pull it out again sometime.

Never cared for their 80s stuff at all, judging from what I've heard on classic rock stations (Rock You Like a Hurricane, etc)...they got a bit too hair-metal for my tastes.

QUOTE (Fridge @ Sep 10 2006, 03:10 PM)
Taken By Force is a cracking album...

They started off almost proggy in the 70s but metamorphasised into this hair metal/heavy rock outfit in the 80s.

Only problem for Klaus was he was losing his hair...a bit of a dilemma for a guy in a hair metal band...

laugh.gif

It's a long time since I saw the Scorpions, and lost interest in them after Blackout. I own the vinyl of Fly My To The Rainbow, Taken By Force, Tokyo Tapes, Lovedrive, Animal Magnetism and Blackout, but I only have Lovedrive on CD. It took me along time to realise I didn't like Klaus Meine's vocals!

Favourite track would have to be Coast to Coast with Mad Mikey helping out.

Used to love the Scorps before they released Love at First Sting in 1984.

First saw them in 1980 on the Animal Magnetism with Blackfoot supporting.

The real classic albums for me are Virgin Killer , In Trance , Lovedrive and Animal Magnetism ( more nostalgia for me).

Tokyo Tapes is a great live album and so is World Wide Live.

Always thought the 1979 - 1982 period was the best but the Ulrich Roth era still stands the test of time.

Yes! The Scorpions Rule, although not really into their modern sound. I keep hoping for the Dino-Rock formula but I have to give them credit for being different on each new release lately. "Unbreakable" still does nothing for me.

Favorite though?

That is a tough call!

"IN TRANCE"

Great cover! The Japanese pressing artwork shows more nipple than other pressings.

Cheers!

trink39.gif trink39.gif

To nipples!

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Oct 30 2006, 06:15 PM)
Yes!  The Scorpions Rule, although not really into their modern sound.  I keep hoping for the Dino-Rock formula but I have to give them credit for being different on each new release lately.  "Unbreakable" still does nothing for me.

Favorite though?

That is a tough call!

"IN TRANCE"

Great cover!  The Japanese pressing artwork shows more nipple than other pressings.

Cheers!

trink39.gif  trink39.gif

To nipples!

OMG laugh.gif I forgot all about "IN TRANCE" biggrin.gif I haven't listened to them in a long time. 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif

Well, never was that big Fan of the Scorpions, maybe I met some of them here in town from time to time and realized that they are normal people anyway smile.gif

The Scorps were at their best during Savagae amusement, Virgin Killer, World wide Life times in my point of view.

Saw them two times this year, first during the openeing ceremony for the Soccer World championship and the second time at the Wacken Open and have to say, OK they did Crazy World and the albums forthcoming but they still can Rock a 15.000 people crowd without any problem and that`s what earns my respect.

Like'em some way smile.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Oct 31 2006, 12:38 AM)
Come on now!

Everybody loves "Savage Amusement!"

MEDIA OVERKILL! tongue.gif

Is that the big-hair, trenchcoat era? Yeah, that's when they really got it going musically!

sarcasm.gif

bumper.gif

Been listening to the Scorpions a lot lately. Great band! Although some people make fun of me for listening to them... But screw those people!

This is what I'm listening to:

http://www.metal-archives.com/images/1/4/9/4/149462.jpg

It's a compilation album featuring songs off of Fly To The Rainbow, In Trance and Virgin Killer.

This is my favorite song:

1022.gif