How many members here are also

treeduck

I was just browsing Counterparts as a guest, looking for any update on the new album/producer/mixer situation and I noticed Puppetking had posted in the thread. So i wondered who else here is a member of Counterparts? Who who used to be?

Plus any past history gossip about this board will be allowed...

wink.gif

A lot of people who used to be, probably aren't anymore. It got shut down a few months ago due to some server mixup or something...it's back up again, but all the old data is lost, so everybody had to reregister.

People on here who aren't on CP should join though...it's a great community over there.

I was thinking of joining Counterparts a while back, but then the whole disaster happened and I forgot about it for a while. Occasionally I'll decide to join, but I never actually even take the first step- going to the site.

I'm not really much of a poster on ANY forum, though, so I'm not sure.

no.gif I've never taken interest outside of this place. Lots of CP/TRF folks here, though.

I'm a member of both RF and CP.

I met Ken and Julie (admins) at RushCon back in 2001and was invited to join CP so I did. I remember that geddylee.net was the only board I was a member of but that community was starting to have a lot of infighting etc...It no longer exists.

I came here, I think, by someone mentioning this community over there, so here I am.

I've known and met many CP members via RushCon and have known them longer (and like a family, we scream and shout at each other, but we seem to still like each other).

I'm still a newbie to this board in some respects, but I've finally met some folks here, once again at RushCon, and now feel a little more at home here.

As members of both communities will tell you, both of these boards have different personalities.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 1 2006, 06:03 PM)
QUOTE (Maddy @ Sep 1 2006, 04:56 PM)
I'm on both as well...

Psssst maddy what are they like on there?? Any ducks on there?

I'll use this analogy: If RushForum are ducks, then CP are buzzards. laugh.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Sep 1 2006, 05:37 PM)
I'm on both as well...

More like sometimes you have to duck... rofl3.gif

Both boards have great stuff, though. I wouldn't want to have to choose one over the other.

QUOTE (Maddy @ Sep 1 2006, 06:07 PM)
I'm on both as well...

Both boards have great stuff, though. I wouldn't want to have to choose one over the other.

No one would want to attack a cute duckling though surely...

unsure.gif

I miss SOOOOOOOOOO much the Rush Interactive Network/Tri-Net. When that disappeared, MiTa talked me in to joining Counterparts, but shortly thereafter it went down, so I wound up HERE. I haven't gone back.

I like it alot here but feel sometimes that there are ALOT of YOUNG(!) fans on this site. When I see some of the posts ( for a fictional example: "no WAY, there was a drummer before Neil?!", or "what cd should I get next?"-then 12 cd's are listed)

I feel... well... OLD!

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 1 2006, 04:17 PM)
I was just browsing Counterparts as a guest, looking for any update on the new album/producer/mixer situation and I noticed Puppetking had posted in the thread. So i wondered who else here is a member of Counterparts? Who who used to be?

wink.gif

bekloppt.gif

I have the same name there as here

dont post there much tho,

this place is ummm more "friendlier & positive"

to certain people & subjects IMO

Counterparts is like my summer home,

its nice to go for awhile and visit but,

its ALWAYS great to be back home wub.gif

yes.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Sep 2 2006, 12:26 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 1 2006, 04:17 PM)

wink.gif

bekloppt.gif

I have the same name there as here

dont post there much tho,

this place is ummm more "friendlier & positive"

to certain people & subjects IMO

Counterparts is like my summer home,

its nice to go for awhile and visit but,

its ALWAYS great to be back home wub.gif

yes.gif

That's cool Donna

653.gif cheer.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 1 2006, 04:20 PM)
QUOTE (Maddy @ Sep 1 2006, 06:07 PM)
I'm on both as well...

No one would want to attack a cute duckling though surely...

unsure.gif

Everybody is always welcome on both boards. Rush fans are nice and a lot of fun.

Used to be a member of CP but haven't yet bothered to re-register. I may get round to it sometime.

I have been a member of t-n-m-s (A British/European messageboard) since 2003. it's interesting, as the ambience is totally different from here, especially the sense of humour.

I do think that this is a very nice board to belong to, but sometimes the lack of irony gets a little frustrating sometimes.....

mainly a CP'r here due to time limitations (I can barely keep up with CP, much less more than 1 messageboard) these days.

anyone else notice that CP isn't loading at the moment today? is it just me? am I THAT cwazy?

no need to answer that last qwestion... wink.gif

QUOTE (DarthLen @ Sep 2 2006, 11:04 AM)
mainly a CP'r here due to time limitations (I can barely keep up with CP, much less more than 1 messageboard) these days.

anyone else notice that CP isn't loading at the moment today? is it just me? am I THAT cwazy?

Not loading here either. I'm sure it's just a maintenance thing.

got the same problem here, len and 1001.

i'm at cp, and i come here and a couple other places too every now and then. don't have time for more. there's some discussions/forums that take a bit of my time to follow, and i can't really spread myself out further.

third hand grace, who were u on trinet? i was there too, as DotS. i loved it there. i find there's more out there tho, and it's ALL GOOD. most of the folks that populated trinet are still around tho, just scattered elsewhere. the flock hasn't changed, just it's nesting places! lol

Archived