• 11 Power Windows
    • 12 Hold Your Fire
    • 13 Presto
    • 14 Roll the Bones
    • 15 Counterparts
    • 16 Test for Echo
    • 17 Vapor Trails
    • 18 Feedback

Which album cover do you like in terms of artwork, not nostagia as in "ohhh this one takes me back to when I etc etc etc" which design does it for you?

Me? Well i really like Feedback as I'm a sucker for bright colours and retro stylings, even though Feedback isn't a "proper" studio album...

What do you lot think?

(btw if this poll's been done before you KNOW it's not been done as well as this, you KNOW it's true!! wink.gif laugh.gif

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GUP for sure. It's just so colorful and deep. I've always loved that cover. If the colors were not so complex, that would be the Rush tattoo that I would get.

Has anyone noticed that in the Movie Nightmare on Elm Street, Johnny Depp's character has the GUP poster right above his bed? Pretty cool rush sighting there.

QUOTE (bytor11 @ Aug 17 2006, 01:54 PM)
GUP is my favorite, Hugh at his finest. That piece of art is visually striking and complex.

Hugh has that on his website and a full version of Test for Echo. You can't "borrow" any pictures for your comp though it's a flash site...

http://www.hughsyme.com/test.html

I voted for GUP, but if were talking backsides of albums to me the best of all is Caress of Steel's twisted tree.

QUOTE (Maddy @ Aug 17 2006, 02:34 PM)
Grace Under Pressure, although the owl on Fly By Night reminds me of my grumpy parrot Dharma when he's annoyed about something (which he usually is; he's such a curmugeon.) laugh.gif

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/697/flybynightclosewo5.jpg

It's kind of a toss-up for me between Hugh's two best paintings - Grace Under Pressure and Power Windows. I went with GUP. Carugati's owl gets honorable mention.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 17 2006, 07:36 PM)
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/697/flybynightclosewo5.jpg

Yup, that's Dharma's "Get the f*** away from my cage" face.

At least until he realizes there's popcorn in the microwave - then all at once he's all "Buddy! Pal! Friend!" laugh.gif

GUP's the one, and I've always thought that. It IS abstract, but it's SO eyecatching....

QUOTE (The Rocinante @ Aug 17 2006, 08:15 PM)
P/G isn't abstract, it's one of the best album covers I've ever seen. Unfortunatly, I forgot about P/G and voted for RTB

Whatever it is, I think it looks pretty stupid... There's a chicken drummy in the upper left, an eye in the cloud-thingy, a piece of scrap metal, p/g, a big puddle, and a couple drops of blood at the top. wtf.gif

Archived