How do you read your books?

deadwing2112

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Aug 10 2006, 01:49 PM)
I like reading outside, soaking up the sun smile.gif

yes.gif

I'll read anywhere, but THIS is my favorite also. I love going on a long hike and finally settling down to read either a good book or some comics. When I go camping, I buy a TON of comics and just lay in my hammock during the afternoon hours. yes.gif

I can read with mild disturbances, but I HATE when i'm reading and people just continue to talk to me like i'm not doing anything important. I can be a real ass to people when they do this. yes.gif

I love to read in a soothing environment with some classical or soft jazz in the background.

I also like to go outside..in a more secluded area..like by the river with a blanket or in a park with the sound of nature...very relaxing!!

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 19 2006, 07:04 PM)
With my eyes  tongue.gif

I also like to listen to audiobooks when I'm driving. There have been times when I've missed my turn, lol!

Ah....at the beach...what a lovely thought--love to do that, too....with the salty sea air, cool wet sand oozing between toes......

I live in a bustling house. I find a little oppositional noise actually helps me focus on my reading.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm often reading three books or more, switching them as my mood shifts, or based on the one I can actually find when I get an opportunity to sneak away for a few minutes. Anything will do for a bookmark under those circumstances.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 18 2006, 04:48 PM)
I HATE when i'm reading and people just continue to talk to me like i'm not doing anything important. I can be a real ass to people when they do this. yes.gif

Me too. Could you explain this to my wife? scared.gif

Personally I can read anywhere, anytime and, generally, do.

Alas, I am unable to indulge in my favourite reading experience which is soaking in a nice hot bath as the place where I'm currently living has only got a shower sad.gif

Upside down.

One thing about me is I can't read a book, especially fiction, and listen to music at the same time. And yet i can read other things like the paper, a magazine, a letter, stuff on the internet, this forum and at ear-scarifying volumes with no problem.

I think it's because I really like to immerse myself in the world inside a book and not be distracted by any outside interference, whether it be TV, music or whatever...

laugh.gif I am soo easily distracted I must have no noise and kid gone or something. When I am inside my head nothing upsets me more than getting booted out of fantasy land. 1287.gif

I prefer quiet, but I can read almost anywhere - most of my reading has been done on the train and subway- commuting from Long Island to Manhattan for work