How do you read your books?

deadwing2112

I'm surprised no one has said this yet:

I read my books one page at a time.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to read with the t.v. or radio on very low. I find that total silence gets me into the Same Sentance problem. It's distracting, hearing the 'fridge humming, the a.c. suddenly kicking on, the clocks tick tick ticking... every small noise gets magnified if I don't have the t.v. or radio on.

When I go outside to read, I like the wind, birds, summer buzzing bugs, etc... But the 'skeeters make me nuts! Constantly bite, bite, bite...

So I ussualy just read inside with the t.v. turned on low.

No loud noises, though. Loud noises drive me bonkers when I'm reading.

left to right. top to bottom...

Unless it's Chinese or Japanese.....

honestly, wherever and whenever I can. in my car while on break, in bed, in a chair, outside smoking a butt on my porch...yesterday, sitting on the dock of Back Bay in wolfeboro while DerT fished - I had gotten very discouraged, all day fishing with no bites or anything, so I went back to reading LOL

I'm re-reading all the HP books up to book 7 again, before reading 7, so i'm literally drinking in all the other books DYING to get to the last one LOL

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jul 28 2007, 12:49 AM)
left to right. top to bottom...

Unless it's Chinese or Japanese.....

smart-ass laugh.gif

Sometimes I can't focus on one thing at a time so I have lots of other things happening while I read. I have the t.v on and I blast music, maybe go on the computer at the same time as I read a book. I am able to really concentrate on the book, surprisingly.

Other times, I read just before bed when I am actually tired enough to sleep. Then I may have some music blaring or it may be quiet, it depends on my mood.

I cant read in the car though, it makes me motion sick.

Most of the time I read unfased by TV, music, other distractions. However, if I really like the book, I read like a junkie - isolate myself, chain-smoke, and no interaction/meals/sleep until the tale is done.

Complete silence. Certainly cannot read with music on. The music will distract me far too much because I'll tend to get into it more than what I'm reading. laugh.gif I love reading, but music is my first love.

I can read with music or TV on, but prefer to read and chain smoke in isolation. My breaks at work are perfect.