Aliens, the kind from space

Planet X-1

Do you think space aliens exist and visited earth ?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think space aliens exist and visited earth ?

• Yes - bow down !
    • No - ya loon !
    • Highly unlikely
    • Probably
    • Yes they exist, but have not visited earth
    • er, what ?

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 21 2006, 10:15 AM)
QUOTE (Broncos730 @ Jun 21 2006, 12:09 PM)
okay that's weird.  i didn't write "gay sapiens"  i wrote h_o_m_o sapens without the underscores.  Why did the forum change it to gay?  Any ideas?

Because some jerkass here once called someone a 'f*g', and that and some other euphemisms were subsequently filtered.

figures. one of the reasons I like this forum although I don't post much is that (besides being a Rush nut!) the folks are nice and generally polite.

It's too bad some people do that kind of thing but it's to be expected I guess..

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Jun 21 2006, 09:19 AM)
QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jun 21 2006, 05:29 AM)
It doesn't matter. Even if there is life in some other solar system, they're too far away to have any impact on our lives. Why worry?

But how do you know they are too far away?

Do you know for sure that Aliens are not among us on Earth at this moment? Or have been here in the past?

This reminds me of Christians who are absolutely sure that there are angels and who believe they walk amongst us.

Hey. That's fine. I can buy that theory.

But then they should have an open mind as to whether there are aliens and that they may be amongst us as well.

The point is that 98% of the population does not know if there is aliens for sure and I don't think they are "worrying" about it. They just like to discuss it because it's interesting to them.

Think of it this way.

People sit around discussing religion thereby discussing deitys (sp?).

THey've never seen the deity(s), but they discuss them and attribute human qualities to them.

We don't call them nuts.

So some people discuss aliens and visitation.

They're not nuts either wink.gif

or maybe we're all nuts. confused13.gif

Different strokes for different folks yes.gif

If aliens were here, we'd have noticed by now. With the thoery of evolution, the possibilities for an alien being's appearance would be so vast, that the odds it would look remotely human are almost nothing. Unless they were microscopic.

Oh and another thing, if they were already living here, they wouldn't be aliens, would they?

Far more people believe they have been affected by a deity than by aliens. That's a whole different discussion, with much stronger arguments on both sides. I definitely see your point though.

They exist, plain and simple.

The word "alien" is perhaps a misnomer in that they are souls just as human beings are and are part of the same source and are as interconnected with us as any other living things, even though they are different in many respects.

And who's to say they haven't visited many, many times and are among us even now? Surely that information can be hidden and covered up, and people don't tend to believe it anyway. Maybe there are forces at work that prevent it from being an accepted and known fact among everyone. Maybe that will change at some point, and maybe that time isn't too far off...

Ok, now that I've "alienated" almost everyone wink.gif , I'll shut up now. tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 21 2006, 08:23 PM)

That's an extraordinarily bold statement. Please show me some solid, irrefutable proof.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 21 2006, 11:15 AM)
okay that's weird.  i didn't write "gay sapiens"  i wrote h_o_m_o sapens without the underscores.  Why did the forum change it to gay?  Any ideas?

Because some jerkass here once called someone a 'f*g', and that and some other euphemisms were subsequently filtered.

U know Jack, u coulda Refrained From callin Him

names,

Just cuz hes not here anylonger & cuz we're no longer

together, U could still show some respect for me & what

Me & him had

He STILL is a big part of my life & i WILL STILL stick up for him

no matter what.

U dont like him fine..but keep ur comments & name callin to

urself PLZ dazed025.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Jun 21 2006, 08:59 PM)

names,

Me & him had

no matter what.

urself PLZ dazed025.gif

I'm not talking about Indica, it was somebody else.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 21 2006, 08:14 PM)

names,

Me & him had

no matter what.

urself PLZ dazed025.gif

OH ok

My Bad doh.gif

Proceed then unsure.gif

But for future reference, So u know

thats how i feel wink.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Jun 21 2006, 09:23 PM)

names,

Me & him had

no matter what.

urself PLZ dazed025.gif

OH ok

My Bad doh.gif

Proceed then unsure.gif

trink39.gif

In fact, I had forgotten that Indy had used that word until you said what you did. Also, if I recall correctly, when Indy was called on it he did the right thing and apologized. This other person was called on it and acted like they didn't even care. That's why I called them a jerkass.

I once saw a ufo when I was fourteen years old. It was a football-shaped red light that went shooting across the sky much faster than any airplane. I don't, however, believe it was space aliens. I think that it was either some type of top-secret experimental military aircraft, or I actually hallucinated. No, I wasn't drunk or high, but I was going through puberty at the time, so who knows? Everyone, no matter how sane or sober, is at one time or another subject to hysteria and visual or auditory hallucinations. The subconscious mind is a bizarre thing, and no one fully understands it, so who is to say that it doesn't play tricks on us from time to time?

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 21 2006, 08:28 PM)
QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Jun 21 2006, 09:23 PM)

names,

Me & him had

no matter what.

urself PLZ dazed025.gif

OH ok

My Bad doh.gif

Proceed then unsure.gif

trink39.gif

In fact, I had forgotten that Indy had used that word until you said what you did. Also, if I recall correctly, when Indy was called on it he did the right thing and apologized. This other person was called on it and acted like they didn't even care. That's why I called them a jerkass.

Its cool Jack

Replied to the Pm

& hope u understand wink.gif

smile.gif

probably so. like rushgoober said, there are way too many accounts and stories from people who claim to have experienced something extreterrestrial. But I do know that I would probably FREAK OUT if I ever saw anything alien-related.

scared.gif bolt.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Jun 20 2006, 09:22 AM)
Of course they exist.
With the multiple universes out there and billions upon billions of stars, anyone who thinks the human race is the only "intelligent" life form is a crackpot.

Have they visited earth?

I'm here. AlienSmiley.gif

I completely agree yes.gif The multiverse is so huge, there is no possibly way that there aren't other inhabited worlds. And honestly, I think that the aliens building the Pyramids at Giza to have more credit than most give it.

Pyramid Conspiracy

Here is an interesting article. cool.gif

Mysterious red cells might be aliens

By Jebediah Reed

Popular Science

Friday, June 2, 2006; Posted: 12:36 p.m. EDT (16:36 GMT)

-- As bizarre as it may seem, the sample jars brimming with cloudy, reddish rainwater in Godfrey Louis's laboratory in southern India may hold, well, aliens.

In April, Louis, a solid-state physicist at Mahatma Gandhi University, published a paper in the prestigious peer-reviewed journal Astrophysics and Space Science in which he hypothesizes that the samples -- water taken from the mysterious blood-colored showers that fell sporadically across Louis's home state of Kerala in the summer of 2001 -- contain microbes from outer space.

Specifically, Louis has isolated strange, thick-walled, red-tinted cell-like structures about 10 microns in size. Stranger still, dozens of his experiments suggest that the particles may lack DNA yet still reproduce plentifully, even in water superheated to nearly 600 degrees Fahrenheit . (The known upper limit for life in water is about 250 degrees Fahrenheit .)

So how to explain them? Louis speculates that the particles could be extraterrestrial bacteria adapted to the harsh conditions of space and that the microbes hitched a ride on a comet or meteorite that later broke apart in the upper atmosphere and mixed with rain clouds above India.

If his theory proves correct, the cells would be the first confirmed evidence of alien life and, as such, could yield tantalizing new clues to the origins of life on Earth.

Last winter, Louis sent some of his samples to astronomer Chandra Wickramasinghe and his colleagues at Cardiff University in Wales, who are now attempting to replicate his experiments; Wickramasinghe expects to publish his initial findings later this year.

Meanwhile, more down-to-earth theories abound. One Indian government investigation conducted in 2001 lays blame for what some have called the "blood rains" on algae.

Other theories have implicated fungal spores, red dust swept up from the Arabian peninsula, even a fine mist of blood cells produced by a meteor striking a high-flying flock of bats.

Louis and his colleagues dismiss all these theories, pointing to the fact that both algae and fungus possess DNA and that blood cells have thin walls and die quickly when exposed to water and air.

More important, they argue, blood cells don't replicate. "We've already got some stunning pictures -- transmission electron micrographs -- of these cells sliced in the middle," Wickramasinghe says. "We see them budding, with little daughter cells inside the big cells."

Louis's theory holds special appeal for Wickramasinghe. A quarter of a century ago, he co-authored the modern theory of panspermia, which posits that bacteria-riddled space rocks seeded life on Earth.

"If it's true that life was introduced by comets four billion years ago," the astronomer says, "one would expect that microorganisms are still injected into our environment from time to time. This could be one of those events."

The next significant step, explains University of Sheffield microbiologist Milton Wainwright, who is part of another British team now studying Louis's samples, is to confirm whether the cells truly lack DNA. So far, one preliminary DNA test has come back positive.

"Life as we know it must contain DNA, or it's not life," he says. "But even if this organism proves to be an anomaly, the absence of DNA wouldn't necessarily mean it's extraterrestrial."

Louis and Wickramasinghe are planning further experiments to test the cells for specific carbon isotopes. If the results fall outside the norms for life on Earth, it would be powerful new evidence for Louis's idea, of which even Louis himself remains skeptical.

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/TECH/science/06/02/red.rain/story.red.particles.jpg

Scientists have yet to identify these unusual red particles.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/science/06/02...rain/index.html

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 21 2006, 03:57 PM)

That's an extraordinarily bold statement. Please show me some solid, irrefutable proof.

Yes, it is a bold statement, isn't it? tongue.gif

Fristly, there are just way, way too many completely unexplainable reports out there of sightings and contact, including ones from people I've talked to personally, people who I know would have absolutely nothing to gain from lying to me, people who were not on drugs, hallucinating or dreaming, people who know they were not witnessing weather balloons or some other nonsense.

Other than that I'll just say I have information that I'm not willing to share that thoroughly convinces me of their existence, but most people wouldn't believe me even if I did tell them, which is fine.

Solid, irrefutable proof is tough. I don't work for the government or have recovered bodies or ships from Roswell or anything like that. It's like trying to give an atheist solid, irrefutable proof of the existence of God. I could talk about it forever and still never convince them it was so. Until they land and make their presence known en masse, governments reveal what they know or people who even see UFO's don't keep dismissing them as hallucinations or secret military experiments ( wink.gif ), that proof is not yet forthcoming. Give it time.

So given all that, you would think I'm like really into UFO's an extra-terrestrials and stuff, but I'm not. I love science-fiction and if you've read any of my wacky sentences on Grand Designs, there's lots of really weird alien stuff in there, but I expend practically no energy thinking about it. I've got my own life to lead and my own issues to deal with here and now, and I'm not sitting around waiting for aliens to be exposed in a way where everyone believes it or anything like that. If that happens (and I believe it will in some form at some point), that's fine. Hopefully it will happen when people have evolved enough that it won't cause mass hysteria or people questioning their religions and beliefs to unnecessary and devestating effect, although I think people expanding their definitions of what exists in such a vast, infinite universe of creation won't ultimately be a harmful thing either.

Anyway...

icon_alienjig.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jun 22 2006, 03:22 AM)
QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Jun 20 2006, 09:22 AM)
Of course they exist.
With the multiple universes out there and billions upon billions of stars, anyone who thinks the human race is the only "intelligent" life form is a crackpot.

Have they visited earth?

I'm here. AlienSmiley.gif

I completely agree yes.gif The multiverse is so huge, there is no possibly way that there aren't other inhabited worlds. And honestly, I think that the aliens building the Pyramids at Giza to have more credit than most give it.

Pyramid Conspiracy

I'm sorry, but I couldn't disagree more. Aliens did not build the pyramids, human beings did. To assume otherwise just cheapens the accomplishment. I truly don't mean to be a jerk, but when looking at stuff like this, it's important to try and apply a healthy amount of critical thinking.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 26 2006, 11:49 AM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 21 2006, 03:57 PM)

Yes, it is a bold statement, isn't it? tongue.gif

Fristly, there are just way, way too many completely unexplainable reports out there of sightings and contact, including ones from people I've talked to personally, people who I know would have absolutely nothing to gain from lying to me, people who were not on drugs, hallucinating or dreaming, people who know they were not witnessing weather balloons or some other nonsense.

Other than that I'll just say I have information that I'm not willing to share that thoroughly convinces me of their existence, but most people wouldn't believe me even if I did tell them, which is fine.

Solid, irrefutable proof is tough. I don't work for the government or have recovered bodies or ships from Roswell or anything like that. It's like trying to give an atheist solid, irrefutable proof of the existence of God. I could talk about it forever and still never convince them it was so. Until they land and make their presence known en masse, governments reveal what they know or people who even see UFO's don't keep dismissing them as hallucinations or secret military experiments ( wink.gif ), that proof is not yet forthcoming. Give it time.

So given all that, you would think I'm like really into UFO's an extra-terrestrials and stuff, but I'm not. I love science-fiction and if you've read any of my wacky sentences on Grand Designs, there's lots of really weird alien stuff in there, but I expend practically no energy thinking about it. I've got my own life to lead and my own issues to deal with here and now, and I'm not sitting around waiting for aliens to be exposed in a way where everyone believes it or anything like that. If that happens (and I believe it will in some form at some point), that's fine. Hopefully it will happen when people have evolved enough that it won't cause mass hysteria or people questioning their religions and beliefs to unnecessary and devestating effect, although I think people expanding their definitions of what exists in such a vast, infinite universe of creation won't ultimately be a harmful thing either.

Anyway...

icon_alienjig.gif

I like your God analogy. That's really the crux of the issue. Without solid evidence, assuming the existence of extraterrestrials is truly a matter of faith. People have a yearning desire to believe in something. Those who believe in extraterrestrials will cling to the belief as fervently as the most hardcore Evangelist clings to his belief in God.

Friederich Nietzsche said it best: "Man does not abandon God, he replaces Him", Penn and Teller paraphrased this sentiment humorously by stating "Everybody's got a gris-gris (a Cajun word for a voodoo charm or talisman-pronounced 'gree-gree'). Which basically boils down to the fact that humans have a need to invest their faith in something, whether it be government, the self, little green men, God, or what-have-you. This investment is part and parcel of the human condition as there are no atheist ancient cultures-they all had their gods. I am just as guilty as the next guy. I believe in God. I choose to invest my faith in that which will save my immortal soul. Does that invalidate my arguments? Perhaps. But please don't judge me too harshly, I am just as susceptible to human nature and its contradictory aspects as you are. Yet I do enjoy being a skeptic. I consider it to be fun. I'm a 'look at things from all possible angles' type of guy, and I want to spread the enjoyment of it by encouraging others to do the same, in other words: come and play with me.

Archived