Lost-great show or major addiction?

Quyn

QUOTE (The Owl @ May 4 2010, 10:52 PM)
Damn!

Sun and Jin.......... Dead
Sayid.....................Dead
Frank.....................Dead

at least 10 of Widmore's people..........Dead via Flocke, and Claire (who is a beast with a rifle)

Damn indeed! Those were great characters and it's sad to see them go. It was an emotional gut-punch and I have to admit that I lost it a bit when Hurley broke down on the beach.

I too would welcome Claire's help in a firefight!

"Flocke"? As in "False Locke"? That's pretty good! My wife and I have been calling him both "UnLocke" and "Locke Ness Monster". laugh.gif

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The finale will run for 2 and a half hours! This just in from The Hollywood Reporter:

ABC expands 'Lost' finale by extra half-hour!
Exclu: There's more "Lost" left than you think.

The producers of ABC's hit drama have shot so much crucial material for the show's hugely anticipated series finale that the network has agreed to extend the last episode by an extra half hour.

When the "Lost" finale airs on Sunday, May 23rd, the episode will run from 9 to 11:30 p.m. The overrun will push back local news, with the previously announced "Jimmy Kimmel Live: Aloha to Lost" post-finale special now airing at 12:05 a.m. ABC is expected to announce the plan on tonight's episode of Kimmel.

Executive producers Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof just completed post-production on the finale -- titled "The End" -- on Monday night. Both sent out identical Tweets: "We're done. Amen."

Lindelof recently told THR that the crew build all-new sets for the finale and promised the ending would prompt more questions.

The supersizing of the finale is the latest adjustment to what might as well be called "The 'Lost' Weekend." ABC is airing an "enhanced" (pop-ups) version of the show's original two-hour pilot on May 22. On Sunday there's a two-hour retrospective titled "Lost: The Final Journey," followed by the finale, then the local news (which was preempted in the first-blush recounting of this plan) and Kimmel post-show.

Damn is right! Great episode I thought, I reckon no one is confused about Smokey's intentions now.

Coupl of questions: Why has Sideways Jack not had a "revelation" moment? Maybe 'cause he's not met Kate?

Why not get the sub up so they could just toss the explosives overboard?

It was a gut punch what happened to Sun & Jin. Ironic that sideways Sun & Jin are alive and it seems like their baby may die from the gunshot while Island S&J die while their daughter lives.

Is there any doubt that Jack will replace Jacob & be stuck on the Island w/Smokey?

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ May 5 2010, 06:43 AM)

I held out hope until the end that Jin would get Sun out of there. sad.gif

After all that time of them trying to find each other, it kind of sucked that they died. I thought it was kind of romantic, if tragic, that he stayed with her when he could have saved himself. It showed a lot about how his character had grown. And Sayid redeemed some of his many sins by sacrificing himself to save others.

And finally we're starting to see some of the true motivations of smoky (or flocke) who's a lying piece of shit. Very clever taking the form of Locke who comes off as so sincere, when really he was playing almost everyone all along. Sawyer was right not to trust him, even though he did fall right into his trap.

Where did Benjamin Linus go? Where's Richard? It's so hard to keep track sometimes... unsure.gif

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ May 5 2010, 09:12 AM)
Damn is right! Great episode I thought, I reckon no one is confused about Smokey's intentions now.

Coupl of questions: Why has Sideways Jack not had a "revelation" moment? Maybe 'cause he's not met Kate?

It was a gut punch what happened to Sun & Jin. Ironic that sideways Sun & Jin are alive and it seems like their baby may die from the gunshot while Island S&J die while their daughter lives.

Is there any doubt that Jack will replace Jacob & be stuck on the Island w/Smokey?

Remember, they don't experience the revelations until they've had a near-death experience. That hasn't happened to sideways Jack yet.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 5 2010, 10:21 AM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ May 5 2010, 09:12 AM)

Remember, they don't experience the revelations until they've had a near-death experience. That hasn't happened to sideways Jack yet.

Or when connecting with a "soul mate" like Desmond with Penny and Hurley with Libby...the question is which one will Jack experience? The near death variety or if he connects with Kate (who seems to be most likely person to be the love of his life)?

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ May 5 2010, 10:12 AM)

They were trying to surface...remember Sawyer called Lapidus to order the sub captain to bring the sub up. Sawyer inquired how long it would take and was told five minutes...unfortunately the bomb was about to set off in just over 3 minutes...

You know what's kind of funny... Up until last night we did not know for sure who was the antagonist of the series, we thought it was the others, then it was not... we thought it was Widmore and then it was not... and up until last night whether or not the Man In Black was the bad guy was up in the air....

Can any other show go through 6 whole seasons with the question "Who's the bad guy" wrapped in ambiguity, and not finally reveal that until a few episodes before the series fianle... No other show could get away with that...

But just because MIB is the bad guy, does not make Jacob the good guy.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 5 2010, 09:18 AM)

Where did Benjamin Linus go? Where's Richard? It's so hard to keep track sometimes... unsure.gif

Ben, Richard, and Miles split up to get explosives from DHARMAville (aka New Otherton) to blow up the plane.......

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ May 5 2010, 11:30 AM)

They were trying to surface...remember Sawyer called Lapidus to order the sub captain to bring the sub up. Sawyer inquired how long it would take and was told five minutes...unfortunately the bomb was about to set off in just over 3 minutes...

Oh, I obviously missed that. Thanks!

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ May 5 2010, 11:55 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ May 5 2010, 11:30 AM)

Oh, I obviously missed that. Thanks!

That Widmore is an idiot....what kind of Billionaire buys a sub on which you can't blow emergency ballast.

They'd'a got to the surface just fine and in time.

Damn! 

at least 10 of Widmore's people..........Dead via Flocke, and Claire (who is a beast with a rifle)

[RANT ON]

Ok, I'm a bit pissed off about the spoiler posts without the warning. Look, I know its my own fault for looking, but I think you guys are better than this. I subscribe to/contribute to the thread all the time, so of course, I get the posts via email on my blackberry, and before I can even watch he DVR'ed episode, I'm spoiled about Sayid, Jin, Sun, etc. Its too late in this game to be pissy about something like this - its just, come on man, not everyone is up to speed yet, at least throw a SPOILER alert before your comments and let the reader opt out if he/she wants.

[RANT OFF]

I love all you guys, and all the input. I am just as pseudo-surprised as everyone else about the lack of answers and backstory on some rather huge elements of the recent weeks. I just finished watching last night's episode, and I'm in agreement with the previous posts concerning the plotline in the submarine. This show frustrates the hell out of me. In fact, since my wife and I typically DVR and watch a day later (to avoid the f***ing commercials HOLY SHIT CAN WE GET MORE COMMERCIALS??) and we find ourselves pausing and saying to each other "Ok, now wait..." and then proceeding to ask each other a question about something neither one of us can actually remember, even if its from only two weeks ago! I said to my wife last night - "Do you realize, we've lived in this house for 10 years (we're moving next month) and in that time, we've spent 6 f***ing years on this couch, doing the same exact thing, pausing this f***ing show and asking each other exactly what the f**k is going on?"....

Its true. I had read so many blogs about the'answers' that were coming, and I'm still waiting for 85% of them if I'm being honest. yeah, cool - the whispers they hear are the souls of the people who are trapped on the island - thanks for throwing me THAT bone, but come on guys when the hell are we going to get some meaningful closure on this 6 year investment? I'm all for a bit of twist/double-twist and unexpected endings, but...come on now!

Don't get me wrong, I'm bitchy tonight because I feel a bit cheated, but I dont think I'm out of line - this show is making me wish it was post-finale and I was off and watching something else, freeing my brain from this unnecessary circle jerk.

As you were.

Edited by PassTheAmmunition

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ May 5 2010, 06:03 PM)
Damn! 

[RANT ON]

Ok, I'm a bit pissed off about the spoiler posts without the warning. Look, I know its my own fault for looking, but I think you guys are better than this. I subscribe to/contribute to the thread all the time, so of course, I get the posts via email on my blackberry, and before I can even watch he DVR'ed episode, I'm spoiled about Sayid, Jin, Sun, etc. Its too late in this game to be pissy about something like this - its just, come on man, not everyone is up to speed yet, at least throw a SPOILER alert before your comments and let the reader opt out if he/she wants.

[RANT OFF]

I love all you guys, and all the input. I am just as pseudo-surprised as everyone else about the lack of answers and backstory on some rather huge elements of the recent weeks. I just finished watching last night's episode, and I'm in agreement with the previous posts concerning the plotline in the submarine. This show frustrates the hell out of me. In fact, since my wife and I typically DVR and watch a day later (to avoid the f***ing commercials HOLY SHIT CAN WE GET MORE COMMERCIALS??) and we find ourselves pausing and saying to each other "Ok, now wait..." and then proceeding to ask each other a question about something neither one of us can actually remember, even if its from only two weeks ago! I said to my wife last night - "Do you realize, we've lived in this house for 10 years (we're moving next month) and in that time, we've spent 6 f***ing years on this couch, doing the same exact thing, pausing this f***ing show and asking each other exactly what the f**k is going on?"....

Its true. I had read so many blogs about the'answers' that were coming, and I'm still waiting for 85% of them if I'm being honest. yeah, cool - the whispers they hear are the souls of the people who are trapped on the island - thanks for throwing me THAT bone, but come on guys when the hell are we going to get some meaningful closure on this 6 year investment? I'm all for a bit of twist/double-twist and unexpected endings, but...come on now!

Don't get me wrong, I'm bitchy tonight because I feel a bit cheated, but I dont think I'm out of line - this show is making me wish it was post-finale and I was off and watching something else, freeing my brain from this unnecessary circle jerk.

As you were.

Ouch. That would suck if you haven't watched the epi yet...kinda takes a lot of drama out of the equation except for "when the hell does Sayid die!?!?!".

Next week, I think, there will be a lot of answers about the Island and what the hell is going on in the big picture because, supposedly, it's all about Jacob and the MIB. I'm hopeful that it will be an awesome show next week.

C'mon Tuesday!

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ May 5 2010, 06:03 PM)
Damn! 

[RANT ON]

[RANT OFF]

As you were.

Yeah...I agree I felt there should have been a spoiler alert, even though I quoted it in my post. Especially with that bit-o-news.

I also agree with you 100% in everything else you mention as far as the answers go. I got a lot of crap for my bitchin' in the beginnig of the season but it's pretty clear to me we aren't getting most of the answers we crave. So I feel your pain.

Sorry about that, but there is a spoiler warning in the subtitle of this thread...........

As I am aware when this tread was created there was no spoiler warning in the thread title or sub-title... and was mod edited at a later date... I apologize about spoiling you, but this

THIS THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS!

being visible from the sub forum should be a sufficent means of not going into the thread.

Owl, I'm not blaming anyone man, least of all you. Youve been the one of the most enthusiatic posters in this thread. I'm venting a lot of my frustrations here because the show is letting me down. A friend at work stopped me today and said "hey, pretty emotional episode last night, what did you think?" I explained that I hadnt yet watched it because I literally feel my soul dying as I wait through 4-minute commercial segments when I watch it live. The individual hurried away from me, looking back occasionally, uneasy. So I guess I'm f*cked up. I want to enjoy the final episodes but I'm conflicted and pissed off by having to wait the obligatory two weeks (unannounced) and then get fed some more Dharma candy devoid of real answers. Honest to God, I should know better after six years and it is my own fault. But man, when the hell does this thing start making sense? LOL

That's why I don't visit this thread until I finish the episode, PTA, which I just did now..

Frank is questionably dead Owl.

The ending of this episode made it obvious that Sayid didn't kill Desmond (DUH) and that Kate loves Jack... So that means my prediction I made here earlier is partially true, the part about Sayid becoming Jacob isn't true, but maybe Kate and Sawyer might still die.

QUOTE (KennethRush @ Apr 9 2010, 03:35 AM)
I read in a magazine  that the Jack-Sawyer-&Kate love triangle was going to be an important part in season 6.. I hadn't seen any signs of it until now.
Charlie and Daniel told Desmond how important love is, and in a preview of the next episode Hurley's mom is trying to hook him up with someone. So I'm guessing that love is what's going to pull everything together here, and that whoever Kate will be with Jack and Sawyer will die. And hell, I'm going all out with these crazy predictions so let's go a bit further, I'm betting Sayid will become the next Jacob.

So I'm guessing that love is what's going to pull everything together here, and that whoever Kate will be with Jack and Sawyer will die.

...Yeah, that part made no sense, what I meant to say was "Whoever kate is in love with will stay alive, whoever she doesn't love will die" which means in my little prediction Sawyer will die.

And the feeling a bunch of knots needing to be tied is what I think their intention is.. So that when the series finale comes around everything will make sense and we'll all sh*t our pants!

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ May 5 2010, 04:03 PM)
Damn! 

[RANT ON]

[RANT OFF]

I didn't go near this thread for months, for years even, until the wife and I caught up to the present with Lost as we were renting them on Netflix. We record the current shows on DVR and sometimes don't watch it for a day or two or three, and I don't go into this thread until I've seen the most recent episode. After 49 pages we shouldn't have to write "spoiler" on every post. Just sayin...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 6 2010, 07:56 AM)
QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ May 5 2010, 04:03 PM)
Damn! 

[RANT ON]

[RANT OFF]

I didn't go near this thread for months, for years even, until the wife and I caught up to the present with Lost as we were renting them on Netflix. We record the current shows on DVR and sometimes don't watch it for a day or two or three, and I don't go into this thread until I've seen the most recent episode. After 49 pages we shouldn't have to write "spoiler" on every post. Just sayin...

Yes, well, I also remember a time when people were much more cautious with their post content in this thread, even posting in transparent text. Whatever, I'm over it, damage done, lesson learned, etc etc. Panties no longer in a knot.

Edited by Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 5 2010, 06:55 AM)
The finale will run for 2 and a half hours! This just in from The Hollywood Reporter:

ABC expands 'Lost' finale by extra half-hour!
Exclu: There's more "Lost" left than you think.

The producers of ABC's hit drama have shot so much crucial material for the show's hugely anticipated series finale that the network has agreed to extend the last episode by an extra half hour.

When the "Lost" finale airs on Sunday, May 23rd, the episode will run from 9 to 11:30 p.m. The overrun will push back local news, with the previously announced "Jimmy Kimmel Live: Aloha to Lost" post-finale special now airing at 12:05 a.m. ABC is expected to announce the plan on tonight's episode of Kimmel.

Executive producers Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof just completed post-production on the finale -- titled "The End" -- on Monday night. Both sent out identical Tweets: "We're done. Amen."

Lindelof recently told THR that the crew build all-new sets for the finale and promised the ending would prompt more questions.

The supersizing of the finale is the latest adjustment to what might as well be called "The 'Lost' Weekend." ABC is airing an "enhanced" (pop-ups) version of the show's original two-hour pilot on May 22. On Sunday there's a two-hour retrospective titled "Lost: The Final Journey," followed by the finale, then the local news (which was preempted in the first-blush recounting of this plan) and Kimmel post-show.

ABC.com is supposed to have character stories from beginning until now for anyone who is confused about the timeline each character has.

Edited by nobodys hero

QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ May 5 2010, 05:56 AM)
Damn! 

Although I thought the episode was good....

I'm pissed off.

Those characters were just wasted.

Proves to me once more the writers and producers have no idea how to end the show so instead of writing off characters in meaningful, valuable ways, they simply go the easy route and just kill 'em off in meaninglessly !!!

TOTAL BULLSHITE!!!!

I thought Jin and Sun and their story throughout the entire span of the show was great. They were about the only constant in the entire run and I found myself really rooting for them to stay together and then meet back up and live happily ever after. Only to find out they were just dead weight (no pun intended) throughout the whole thing? Bullshite.

Frank, why even bring him back? Another waste of a character...oh yeah....who's gonna fly the plane off the island?? Not that he would have been able to seeing it's wheels are buried in sand and it's facing into the jungle and it has a broken windshield.

And Sayid...Is he really/finally dead!!!??? OK...He sacrificed himself to save the others (not The Others but you know what I mean), but what about his lack of feeling and emotion and devotion to Smoky? What...all of a sudden he's human again??...Must'a been the sub....And are we ever gonna find out how he came back from the grave and what that whole temple thing was about???!!!

Oh yeah...Widmore hired bad ass mercenarieses to get Ben Linus but hired bumbling college kids to take Smoky out...what's up with that?

I hate to....On second though as far as this topic goes, I love (and feel I've won a gold for it) to sound like a snivelling weenie, but I can't wait for Lost to end if they are gonna keep pulling this crap.

What's next...Hurley gonna be heading off to take on Smoky one on one only to choke to death on a twinkie he finds lying in the woods?

There is an episode coming up called "What they died for." So there is a reason why they had to die.

Sayid came back because MIB brought him back to life. However he didn't anticipate Sayid's good side would over power his bad side. Sayid has struggled with being good/bad his whole life. His death was a final act of redemption. Also his choice to save Desmond's life is very important.

Jin and Sun were meant to be together. In life or death. Their sacrifice shows true love at it's purest.

Lapidis was meant to be a "transporter" of the survivors. He has a been there to get them where they need to be. They are meant to be on the island, so now he purpose is over.

I think self sacrifice i.e Sayid, Jin, Charlie, Juliet etc has a significant efeect on future events and is vital to the survival of the island. And therefore the survival of the world.

Jack faith was the hardest to gain. Yet it is stronger than anyone's now. His will to never give up coupled with his belief makes him the perfect candidate. John's blind faith made him week. From the beginning the show has been about Jack, now we know why.

The next episode is "Across the Sea" and it seems to deal with Jacob and MIB only. We will get to see their origins.