Mammograms

blonde77th

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The follow-up I had back in June came back all-clear. I forgot to post in here, but it was a huge relief.

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Aug 6 2008, 09:14 AM)
bumper.gif
just had to bump the thread to say, if you haven't had yours, go do it!
My mom is a 12 year survivor of breast cancer.
and yes, I had my squishogram for the year.

I know---I really do need to go. Last one was two years ago. Thanks for the reminder! hug2.gif

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3052/2739310786_89cbb5dbae_m.jpg

Just had my yearly mammogram yesterday. I am sure that a man did design the machine used. A woman would have done so much better,don't you think? smile.gif

Just to add some grossness and hopefully humor to this topic..

I'm a guy and I've had a mammogram. About 2 years ago the doc found a lump right under the nipple which was tender (turned out to be nothing btw) and ordered a mammogram.

Interesting enough right? Guys do get them from time to time.

To make it better... My wife was being treated (she'll kill me if she ever reads this) bacterial vaginosis which has been on and off for quite some time. (again, since cleared - we're all good!) The last time the doc wanted me on antibiotics as well since I could potentially be the cause/carrier or some such.

So I'm joking with the nurse at the 99.5% WOMEN mammogram clinic that not only am I there for a mammogram but I'm also undergoing treatment for bacterial vaginosis and I have neither boobs nor a vagina.

Oh the irony.

Almost as painful as the time I was standing in the checkout line holding bras while Barry Manilow played on the intercom..

Chin up girls. We men (some) understand!

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Aug 6 2008, 12:14 PM)
bumper.gif

Did it come back OK ???? Yah have to tell I hope it did !! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Broncos730 @ Aug 7 2008, 07:17 AM)
Just to add some grossness and hopefully humor to this topic..

I'm a guy and I've had a mammogram. About 2 years ago the doc found a lump right under the nipple which was tender (turned out to be nothing btw) and ordered a mammogram.

Interesting enough right? Guys do get them from time to time.

To make it better... My wife was being treated (she'll kill me if she ever reads this) bacterial vaginosis which has been on and off for quite some time. (again, since cleared - we're all good!) The last time the doc wanted me on antibiotics as well since I could potentially be the cause/carrier or some such.

So I'm joking with the nurse at the 99.5% WOMEN mammogram clinic that not only am I there for a mammogram but I'm also undergoing treatment for bacterial vaginosis and I have neither boobs nor a vagina.

Oh the irony.

Almost as painful as the time I was standing in the checkout line holding bras while Barry Manilow played on the intercom..

Chin up girls. We men (some) understand!

So Glad you are ok & Ty for sharing !!!!

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Aug 11 2008, 07:12 PM)
bumper.gif

Yes, it was read the same day.

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Aug 12 2008, 10:14 PM)
QUOTE (blonde77th @ Aug 11 2008, 07:12 PM)
bumper.gif

Yes, it was read the same day.

Awesome new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Mine's tomorrow---please wish me luck, everyone!

scared.gif

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Aug 26 2008, 08:58 AM)
QUOTE (Imperatrix @ Aug 26 2008, 11:51 AM)

scared.gif

Good luck tomorrow. smile.gif

Thanks, dollink. hug2.gif

I keep hearing the SNL shark in my head, but it's mumbling "Mammogram..." instead of "Candygram..."

scared.gif scared.gif

Sorry if this link was already posted. I haven't been in this thread before, and I'm not going to read 70 pages to see if it was. Nevertheless, in the interest of injecting a little levity into it....

If mammograms put you off a bit, there's always this alternative:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ytMx7irm-c

Disclaimer: The above was meant for humor. Please get examined by a professional as often as is appropriate...and don't forget to check yourself - unless you'd prefer to have Cam do it. smile.gif

QUOTE (Imperatrix @ Aug 26 2008, 08:51 AM)

scared.gif

Good luck! You'll be fine. I've had a few already (I'm high-risk) and truly, they aren't that bad. In fact, I had myself all worked up but once I got in there, it wasn't anything I'd complain about and trust me, the last go around, I had to keep going back in and back in and back in and back in because they weren't getting an exact spot they wanted.

Now, I have nearly zero boobage so maybe that's why it wasn't so bad for me. I guess I can see if a woman was really large on top that it might be uncomfortable.

Well, let us know how it goes!

I've never had one, and my cleavage is damn near nonexistent. (Bright sides: tank tops with no bra in the summer, and if I did need a mastectomy it probably wouldn't be noticeable).

I hear it's like letting a semi park on your boobs, though.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Aug 26 2008, 02:04 PM)
I've never had one, and my cleavage is damn near nonexistent. (Bright sides: tank tops with no bra in the summer, and if I did need a mastectomy it probably wouldn't be noticeable).
I hear it's like letting a semi park on your boobs, though.

I don't know if I'd go that far! Not quite a semi. The girls are squished for like two seconds and that's it. They have to get in a few different angles so... squish, hold breath, take pic, release. I think with mine, the technicians always have to get creative and they get on in there! It definitely helps not to be shy about other women manipulating the girls around. Plus, I had to be all hunkered over and cradling the machine. I've never been that intimate with any object before.

Well...

QUOTE (rhyv @ Aug 26 2008, 10:08 PM)
QUOTE (Imperatrix @ Aug 26 2008, 12:51 PM)

scared.gif

I hope you to be fine.

Good luck smile.gif

hug2.gif

Don't forget to let us know if your OK smile.gif

When you have time you should read this thread yes.gif The folk's here are the Greatest !!!! & I should know biggrin.gif heart.gif hug2.gif to All !

Thank you so much, beautiful peeps!

The mammogram will be done tonight at 6 PM, Pacific time. I have no deodorant or perfume on, and I will defiitely take some aspirin!

I will post how it went later---and I will also tell youse guys the results. Incidentally---I've forgotten: how long does it take to get the results?

QUOTE (Imperatrix @ Aug 27 2008, 09:49 AM)
Incidentally---I've forgotten: how long does it take to get the results?

I got mine immediately. Both times I've been in, the technician took the images and they were projected immediately onto a computer screen which the doctor looked at.

QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 27 2008, 12:13 PM)
QUOTE (Imperatrix @ Aug 27 2008, 09:49 AM)
Incidentally---I've forgotten: how long does it take to get the results?

I got mine immediately. Both times I've been in, the technician took the images and they were projected immediately onto a computer screen which the doctor looked at.

So, my little darlings....I just got back. It hurt like a basstich---after all, it's been three years since I had a squishogram, and in the interim I ended up with fibromyalgia, and listen to my mouth run. wink.gif

Janie love, there was no MD to read the films, so I'll get results in a week to ten days; they'll call me if I need to have a re-scan.

The tech was a doll! She also has fibro, and we talked a bit about it. She, like me, also refuses to take Lyrica because the cons outweigh the pros.

My husband (Mystic Slipperman here on TRF) knew that I'd want some comfort food for dinner after the whole thing, so we had ice cream. laugh.gif common001.gif

The pink little "nipple band-aids" with tiny metal beads in the center were a new experience. Has anyone else had to wear these for the scans?

wow, I had no idea mammograms were painful! I've seen where they put your boobs in that press thing but why do they need to crush them?? seems to me if they just wanna take a picture, they should just need to flatten them out enough to get a good image.... obviously I didn't read all 70 pages of this thread but I hope all your results are positive!! rose.gif