Mammograms

blonde77th

ohmy.gif

just came across this GG !!!

my gyno started telling me about the whole mamogram thing i guess around age 35...

i blew him off for a couple of years, and finally went and did it..

no big deal, really.

then THIS year, he tells me i have to start doing this every year.. angry.gif

i saw him back in august... i still have yet to get one.. unsure.gif

i will, after the first of the year. i also have to get some physical therapy, so i'll get them both started and taken care of then.

what i was going to say regarding your experience GG, and the call back is... considering your family history, they are probably just double checking and making sure everything is ok. better to be safe than sorry, right?

i know it is scary, but i have faith everything is fine.

heart.gif

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ohmy.gif Wow I totally missed this Sorry GG But they are right if they found something you would of been told to get right back in .For your first time this sometimes happen's yes.gif Don't worry Hon you will be Ok easier said than done when it come's to worrying hug2.gif I know Prayers going out to you Hon! Positive Attitude Ok yes.gif

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Dec 4 2007, 08:41 AM)
ohmy.gif Wow I totally missed this Sorry GG But they are right if they found something you would of been told to get right back in .For your first time this sometimes happen's yes.gif Don't worry Hon you will be Ok easier said than done when it come's to worrying hug2.gif I know Prayers going out to you Hon! Positive Attitude Ok yes.gif

hug2.gif

Thank you, blondie. heart.gif

Just a couple notes about breasts that I picked up from class (I'm a first year nursing student... studying for midterm exams at the moment)... That hopefully someone will find relief in...

-Majority of lumps are benign (as in non-cancerous)

-Early detection is key. Self exams are still important (despite what the news says) although in quite a few cases it's an individual's partner that notices a lump.

-Don't forget there are lymph nodes in the breast, which can swell

-Hormonal changes can also change breasts

-It's important to know your breasts, so you can determine what's normal and what's not

We've just done some pretty basic assessment techniques so far... more anatomy if anything. But I hope someone finds this useful.

Just got a call from the dr.'s office - it looks like everything is okay. They said that it looks like I have a "dilated milk duct" on the left - they want me to come back in 6 months for one more mammo. That way they can "map out" my breasts, for lack of a better term. I asked her three times if she was SURE I didn't need to come back sooner, because I'd rather go sooner if there's a chance there's a real problem. She assured me that they wouldn't have me wait six months if there was even a slight chance it was cancer.

So, WHEW! Now I can breathe again and enjoy Christmas with my babies. biggrin.gif

Thanks to everyone for the good thoughts!

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Dec 17 2007, 11:10 AM)
hug2.gif I am So Happy to hear this GG biggrin.gif Have a great Christmas Holiday now my friend with No Worries hug2.gif

hug2.gif

Thanks, hon.

ohmy.gif

GG wub.gif

I missed this.

I don't come in the thread often. I know I should but it's hard too.

Anyhow glad it's okay.

Dilated milk ducts are fairly common.

As we NWW mature and have changes in our hormone or events that cause changes in our homone levels these can occur.

Sounda like your Drs. are good about staying on top of things. With your family history they will, keep a closer eye on things.

wub.gif

D

I'm including a link for anyone who wants to take a look. It's always good to know as much as we can!

I don't know if this is exactly what GG found but a lot of woman do so don't rule anything out or be afraid to ask!

FYI on the age... 2 of my girlfriends and I all developed these after child birth and/or breast feeding.

http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/DS/00751.html

CeeJ - thank you, hon. hug2.gif You're so sweet!

And D - that is exactly what they told me. Thank you for posting that link. Reading that helps even more. I breastfed both my boys, so that makes sense. Thanks for the support! hug2.gif

glad to know everything's ok GG.

like ceej said... heavy b_sigh.gif of relief.

heart.gif hug2.gif heart.gif

QUOTE (Daylin @ Dec 18 2007, 02:20 PM)
biggrin.gif GG, I'm so happy that everything is okay! hug2.gif

Thank you, Lin. heart.gif smile.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 18 2007, 03:52 PM)
Any chance any of you gals will come round and give me a Mammygram??

laugh.gif

(Ok I've done this joke already but it's got to be worth two hits...)

wink.gif biggrin.gif ohmy.gif

trink39.gif

Here's one.

bd.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Dec 18 2007, 05:13 PM)

laugh.gif

wink.gif  biggrin.gif  ohmy.gif

trink39.gif

Here's one.

bd.gif

cool10.gif ahhhh that's better...

ohmy.gif biggrin.gif wink.gif

laugh.gif

trink39.gif

Here's one.

bd.gif

oh GG...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE may I give him the second one????

whipgirl.gif

oh... whoops....

bd.gif

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Dec 18 2007, 06:49 PM)

laugh.gif

trink39.gif

Here's one.

bd.gif

oh GG...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE may I give him the second one????

whipgirl.gif

oh... whoops....

bd.gif

biggrin.gif

I hope this won't corrupt me...

angel.gif

unsure.gif

laugh.gif

Many of you know that I spent 6 months in 2006 living in NJ with my Aunt and Uncle. My Aunt had breast cancer and was being treated, and was on the verge of closing the daycare center she ran, because my Uncle was at work all day, and she had no help.

My Uncle is my Mom's brother, my Aunt is my Aunt through marriage. I love my Aunt so much that I lived there 5 days a week, and took care of the 9 daycare children when she was so sick from the chemo. I took them all to the park and played with them all day.

My Aunt beat her cancer, and it has been in remission since.

My Aunt's mother died atleast 10 years ago. I am not very sure because I was very young at the time. She died from breast cancer spreading.

Today, my Aunt's sister passed on, also from her breast cancer spreading. She had been battling it for many years. Just in 2006, when I was staying with my Aunt, the doctors told us that she would pass on within the next 3 months. She lived three years more.

Please send out your thoughts and prayers to my Aunt, her family, and our family.

RIP Janet

QUOTE (Cecilia @ Jan 30 2008, 06:47 PM)
Many of you know that I spent 6 months in 2006 living in NJ with my Aunt and Uncle. My Aunt had breast cancer and was being treated, and was on the verge of closing the daycare center she ran, because my Uncle was at work all day, and she had no help.

My Uncle is my Mom's brother, my Aunt is my Aunt through marriage. I love my Aunt so much that I lived there 5 days a week, and took care of the 9 daycare children when she was so sick from the chemo. I took them all to the park and played with them all day.

My Aunt beat her cancer, and it has been in remission since.

My Aunt's mother died atleast 10 years ago. I am not very sure because I was very young at the time. She died from breast cancer spreading.

Today, my Aunt's sister passed on, also from her breast cancer spreading. She had been battling it for many years. Just in 2006, when I was staying with my Aunt, the doctors told us that she would pass on within the next 3 months. She lived three years more.

Please send out your thoughts and prayers to my Aunt, her family, and our family.

RIP Janet

rose.gif

RIP Janet

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Cecilia.

hug2.gif