Mammograms

blonde77th

Alright ladies going to get the shelves made today - keep your fingers crossed the knot in the wood is minor! eh.gif

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I missed my apt. this morning as I was up sick all night with these new pills from the Dr grrrrrrrrrr angry.gif But I re-scheduled for the 16th of June & Mamogram is on the 9th & then I went to Dr to get my other pills back so hopefully I will be ok in a day or 2 whewwww I hated being sick !!

I got a gyno appointment in a few weeks... not really looking forward to it. unsure.gif I think Im still too young to have to worry about getting a mammogram but still it's gotta be a scary thing.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jun 4 2009, 03:32 PM)
I got a gyno appointment in a few weeks... not really looking forward to it. unsure.gif I think Im still too young to have to worry about getting a mammogram but still it's gotta be a scary thing.

But they aren't scary. What is scary is the thought of the doctors finding something. I hate though that mammograms have turned into this painful, scary procedure with the possibility of making people avoid having them. I've mentioned this here already but I think it bears repeating - I'm high risk for breast cancer (my mother had it) and have already had two. Mammograms are relatively quick and actually not painful at all. Seriously, on the grand level of things that are painful a mammogram doesn't really register.

Unless you're high risk, you won't need a mammogram until you're closer to 50 YBT.

QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 5 2009, 07:47 AM)
I got a gyno appointment in a few weeks... not really looking forward to it.  unsure.gif I think Im still too young to have to worry about getting a mammogram but still it's gotta be a scary thing.

But they aren't scary. What is scary is the thought of the doctors finding something. I hate though that mammograms have turned into this painful, scary procedure with the possibility of making people avoid having them. I've mentioned this here already but I think it bears repeating - I'm high risk for breast cancer (my mother had it) and have already had two. Mammograms are relatively quick and actually not painful at all. Seriously, on the grand level of things that are painful a mammogram doesn't really register.

Unless you're high risk, you won't need a mammogram until you're closer to 50 YBT.

actually, a baseline mammogram before 40, and yearly thereafter.

Janie, I'm glad yours haven't been painful, but mine are. I have to take tylenol before I go, but I do go anyway, because my mom had it too.

QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 5 2009, 08:47 AM)
I got a gyno appointment in a few weeks... not really looking forward to it.  unsure.gif I think Im still too young to have to worry about getting a mammogram but still it's gotta be a scary thing.

Well I know they wont find anything, it's just very painful for me cause Im kinda tiny down there. It just always hurts and not something I'm looking forward to. sad.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jun 5 2009, 11:39 PM)

Well I know they wont find anything, it's just very painful for me cause Im kinda tiny down there. It just always hurts and not something I'm looking forward to. sad.gif

take some tylenol, or advil, or ibuprofen before you go. It really helps.

I wish someone had told me before my first one!

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Jun 6 2009, 09:21 AM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jun 5 2009, 11:39 PM)

take some tylenol, or advil, or ibuprofen before you go. It really helps.

I wish someone had told me before my first one!

Thanks... I think I will do that.

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Jun 9 2009, 02:31 PM)
mamo at 4pm wink.gif to-day & I will get the results on the 18th

I'm sure everything will be clear smile.gif hug2.gif

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Jun 18 2009, 08:53 PM)
Results are in mammogram was clear Dr was Happy & I am now in my 3rd year of wellness !! biggrin.gif 653.gif

Great to hear!

My Aunt has also been in the clear for a few years now.

I'm 22, I haven't ever gone to the gyno. I'm so nervous. I know I have to, as soon as I get insurance.

QUOTE (Cecilia @ Jun 27 2009, 11:27 PM)
Results are in mammogram was clear Dr was Happy & I am now in my 3rd year of wellness !! biggrin.gif  653.gif

Great to hear!

I'm 22, I haven't ever gone to the gyno. I'm so nervous. I know I have to, as soon as I get insurance.

22? *sigh* I hate hearing this...The below is not specifically directed at you, but young women in general...

Ok... ranton.gif

Ladies, as soon you become sexually active...make yourself a GYN appt. You can let the boyfriend down there but not the doctor? This makes NO sense.

I worked in a health care clinic...16 year old pregnant girls....they'd come in for their FIRST gyn appts...they ask "does it hurt?"...little late for that now aint it honey?

This couldnt be more important...this is your body, your health, it MATTERS.

Trust me, NO ONE was more afraid than me...i'd cry every time I went, but I went. (after my son, there was just no modesty left then..and I was much less nervous...now i couldnt care less! LOL) My friend didnt go til she was nearly THIRTY...i put an end to that. We made a day of it, appointment and then lunch and drinks on me!...and 10 years later we still do these appts together...its a good way to remind each other its time, and to look out for one another. In 3 weeks we're heading for our second mammo appt together, margaritas at her house after. cosmo.gif

It's not pleasant, it feels uncomfortable, and you may hate it as much as I did...but I implore you...Find a friend, find a free clinic, get medicaid, whatever...but take care of you. This is as important as any other part of your health.

rantoff.gif

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Jun 28 2009, 01:52 AM)
Results are in mammogram was clear Dr was Happy & I am now in my 3rd year of wellness !! biggrin.gif  653.gif

Great to hear!

22? *sigh* I hate hearing this...The below is not specifically directed at you, but young women in general...

Ok... ranton.gif

Ladies, as soon you become sexually active...make yourself a GYN appt. You can let the boyfriend down there but not the doctor? This makes NO sense.

I worked in a health care clinic...16 year old pregnant girls....they'd come in for their FIRST gyn appts...they ask "does it hurt?"...little late for that now aint it honey?

Trust me, NO ONE was more afraid than me...i'd cry every time I went, but I went. (after my son, there was just no modesty left then..and I was much less nervous...now i couldnt care less! LOL) My friend didnt go til she was nearly THIRTY...i put an end to that. We made a day of it, appointment and then lunch and drinks on me!...and 10 years later we still do these appts together...its a good way to remind each other its time, and to look out for one another. In 3 weeks we're heading for our second mammo appt together, margaritas at her house after. cosmo.gif

It's not pleasant, it feels uncomfortable, and you may hate it as much as I did...but I implore you...Find a friend, find a free clinic, get medicaid, whatever...but take care of you. This is as important as any other part of your health.

rantoff.gif

I couldn't agree more !! Well said !

Mine was clear.

Unfortunately, my boyfriend's mother's was not. Her biopsy is Monday. Could you all pray for her please? This is her 3rd biopsy in as many years. We hope this one shows nothing too, but the lump is bigger this time.

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Jul 4 2009, 04:53 PM)
QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Jun 28 2009, 01:52 AM)

Great to hear!

Ok... ranton.gif

rantoff.gif

I couldn't agree more !! Well said !

I never understood this fear thing some women have with the gyno. A pap literally takes a few seconds. And it isn't painful. It's only painful if you talk yourself into it being painful.

It isn't the most pleasant of things to do but I always use it as an excuse to treat myself to something special. I always schedule the appointment for first thing in the morning (that way, I get it done and over with AND am guaranteed no wait time), I take the entire day off and do whatever I want which is usually out for a really nice lunch with a girlfriend of two, expensive fancy drinks and buy at least one expensive item like a new purse or designer jeans. That way, I end up actually looking forward to going to the gyno!

And now, after having one kid and having a second one, going to the doctors is no big deal, period. Nothing's as painful as childbirth! Also, I guarantee you that cancer treatments are probably way more painful than a five second Q-tip swab.

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Aug 14 2009, 09:01 AM)
Mine was clear.

Unfortunately, my boyfriend's mother's was not. Her biopsy is Monday. Could you all pray for her please? This is her 3rd biopsy in as many years. We hope this one shows nothing too, but the lump is bigger this time.

http://usera.ImageCave.com/RolindaBonz/praying.gif

what's her first name, Nettie?

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Aug 14 2009, 05:52 PM)
goodpost.gif

That being said...my friend and I went...and we're both clear!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Glad to hear the good news Queen & Blonde!!!!!!!

After 3 months of various tests and a trip to the surgeon I got my all clear on Thursday!

I need another mammo. & Ultra sound in 3 months!

Don't wait & don't let a fear keep you from getting a mammo! It is far scarier spending months waiting for results or in cancer treatment!!!

As far as the age, really talk to you Dr. I worked with a girl who at age 14 found out she had breast cancer.

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Aug 16 2009, 05:08 PM)
QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Aug 14 2009, 09:01 AM)
Mine was clear.

Unfortunately, my boyfriend's mother's was not. Her biopsy is Monday. Could you all pray for her please? This is her 3rd biopsy in as many years.  We hope this one shows nothing too, but the lump is bigger this time.

http://usera.ImageCave.com/RolindaBonz/praying.gif

what's her first name, Nettie?

She's got them!!!