Mammograms

blonde77th

QUOTE (Imperatrix @ Aug 27 2008, 07:38 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 27 2008, 12:13 PM)
QUOTE (Imperatrix @ Aug 27 2008, 09:49 AM)
Incidentally---I've forgotten: how long does it take to get the results?

I got mine immediately. Both times I've been in, the technician took the images and they were projected immediately onto a computer screen which the doctor looked at.

So, my little darlings....I just got back. It hurt like a basstich---after all, it's been three years since I had a squishogram, and in the interim I ended up with fibromyalgia, and listen to my mouth run. wink.gif

Janie love, there was no MD to read the films, so I'll get results in a week to ten days; they'll call me if I need to have a re-scan.

The tech was a doll! She also has fibro, and we talked a bit about it. She, like me, also refuses to take Lyrica because the cons outweigh the pros.

My husband (Mystic Slipperman here on TRF) knew that I'd want some comfort food for dinner after the whole thing, so we had ice cream. laugh.gif common001.gif

The pink little "nipple band-aids" with tiny metal beads in the center were a new experience. Has anyone else had to wear these for the scans?

Glad to hear you now have that behind you! Here's hoping the results come back saying everything is fine.

"Nipple bandaids" - funny. I did have those once but it was for a lung x-ray, not for the mammograms. Those things are cold.

I don't know a thing about fibromyalgia. Did that make the mammogram worse?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, my chilluns! You really are a wonderful support group. wub.gif

Yeah, fibromyalgia makes everything hurt. It lends a very subtle and special piquant agony to mammograms. laugh.gif

Here's a link to what it's all about. When I didn't have fibro I scoffed at it, thinking it was an imaginary condition. Karma being what it is, I ended up with the illness. biggrin.gif

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fibromyalgia/DS00079

OKAY!

Mammogram came back normal. Thanks, alla youse, for the caring! wub.gif

653.gif

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Sep 9 2008, 10:20 AM)
applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif WTG smile.gif

Cancer Clinic called yesterday my next checkup is Dec 4th . I will be glad when these are over wacko.gif

All love and best wishes to you, doll! heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif

QUOTE (Imperatrix @ Sep 9 2008, 12:32 PM)
applaudit.gif  applaudit.gif  applaudit.gif  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  WTG  smile.gif

Cancer Clinic called yesterday my next checkup is Dec 4th . I will be glad when these are over  wacko.gif

You have my best too, blonde bekloppt.gif rose.gif

Imperatrix, I'm glad to hear yours came back normal! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Daylin @ Sep 10 2008, 09:56 AM)
QUOTE (Imperatrix @ Sep 9 2008, 12:32 PM)
applaudit.gif  applaudit.gif  applaudit.gif  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  WTG  smile.gif

Cancer Clinic called yesterday my next checkup is Dec 4th . I will be glad when these are over  wacko.gif

You have my best too, blonde bekloppt.gif rose.gif

Imperatrix, I'm glad to hear yours came back normal! biggrin.gif

Thankee kindly! I guess I was a little worried, and I'm much relieved now!

I dedicated my donation to Blonde77th! wub.gif

Hi there... I am new here too. I don't really care for my boobs to be squashed at all!! I know how important it is to have them checked, I just grit and bear it. I have HPV and cancer has run in my family. At the moment my cancer is gone. So I don't want to take any chances on breast cancer too. So I suggest anyone who is at that age for mammograms... get it done.

Don't forget to self exam as well!

jillian..

QUOTE (jillian815 @ Oct 31 2008, 10:04 AM)
Hi there... I am new here too. I don't really care for my boobs to be squashed at all!! I know how important it is to have them checked, I just grit and bear it. I have HPV and cancer has run in my family. At the moment my cancer is gone. So I don't want to take any chances on breast cancer too. So I suggest anyone who is at that age for mammograms... get it done.

jillian..

Welcome here, jillian815 smile.gif

Thank you for the post. You sound like a caring person and you'll fit right in here! I'm very happy you are cancer free now. I hope to see you around trf in the future rose.gif

QUOTE (Daylin @ Oct 31 2008, 01:48 PM)
QUOTE (jillian815 @ Oct 31 2008, 10:04 AM)
Hi there... I am new here too.  I don't really  care for my boobs to be squashed at all!!  I know how important it is to have them checked, I just grit and bear it.  I have HPV and cancer has run in my family.  At the moment my cancer is gone.  So I don't want to take any chances on breast cancer too.  So I suggest anyone who is at that age for mammograms... get it done.

jillian..

Welcome here, jillian815 smile.gif

Thank you for the post. You sound like a caring person and you'll fit right in here! I'm very happy you are cancer free now. I hope to see you around trf in the future rose.gif

Welcome to TRF & am very gald to hear that you are Cancer free !!!!! biggrin.gif Checkups are very important !! I still go back to the Cancer Clinic 2x's a year to be checked by the Dr's .

Hope to see you around TRF yes.gif bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Dec 4 2008, 11:34 AM)
QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Dec 4 2008, 11:25 AM)
QUOTE (blonde77th @ Dec 4 2008, 11:01 AM)
I had my 6 month checkup at the Cancer Clinic here this morning & All Is Well !!!!! biggrin.gif

bncegrn.gif Great News bncegrn.gif

hug2.gif

TY Hon hug2.gif

bncegrn.gif great news!!

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Dec 5 2008, 11:52 PM)
QUOTE (blonde77th @ Dec 4 2008, 11:34 AM)
QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Dec 4 2008, 11:25 AM)
QUOTE (blonde77th @ Dec 4 2008, 11:01 AM)
I had my 6 month checkup at the Cancer Clinic here this morning & All Is Well !!!!! biggrin.gif

bncegrn.gif Great News bncegrn.gif

hug2.gif

TY Hon hug2.gif

bncegrn.gif great news!!

Ty Ty biggrin.gif

bumper.gif

dazed025.gif Nothing posted in all of 2009 so far...

Ladies we must get checked things can change very quickly - get checked!!!! yes.gif

QUOTE (owlswing @ May 4 2009, 01:21 PM)
bumper.gif

dazed025.gif Nothing posted in all of 2009 so far...

Ladies we must get checked things can change very quickly - get checked!!!! yes.gif

i made an appointment a few weeks ago...nothing available til JULY!

but i'm goin!