Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

the instrumental song on the God of War 3 soundtrack ought to be cool..

So it does kind of suck that there will be no spring tour... But if this opens up more dates for Transatlantic, I will defiantly try and check that out.

He mentioned other possibilities in 2010 as well. Perhaps the collaboration with Mikael Akerfeldt and Steven Wilson?

I saw this coming, and predicted they would not be back in the Spring based on the attendance during Prog 09. It really makes no sense for them to do more shows after a tour that had slightly filled venues. I will gear up for Transatlantic in NYC, and make sure I'm there !

Ya hear me talkin Metaldad !!! 1022.gif

Edited by tick

QUOTE (tick @ Nov 12 2009, 04:07 PM)
I saw this coming, and predicted they would not be back in the Spring based on the attendance during Prog 09. It really makes no sense for them to do more shows after a tour that had slightly filled venues. I will gear up for Transatlantic in NYC, and make sure I'm there !
Ya hear me talkin Metaldad !!! 1022.gif

Oh hell yeah Tick. It's on bro trink39.gif . I bet they do BB Kings

1022.gif

So how the hell are they going to make a new DVD with all 5 AA Saga songs on it now? I would've bet money that the 2nd leg would've been just DT (no opener) with these in the set every show, leading up to the recording of another DVD.

Ah this sucks!

I love this band but really ? Why the hell did they waste the money on re doing the Home Sweet Home vid ? This has been done 10 million times already .

QUOTE (metaldad @ Nov 19 2009, 09:52 AM)
I love this band but really ? Why the hell did they waste the money on re doing the Home Sweet Home vid ? This has been done 10 million times already .

I guess they are hoping for a mainstream hit that would make them lots of money ? confused13.gif

They need to realize they are Dream Theater, and bands like them don't have big hits. The industry does not care about them enough to promote whatever they do. yes.gif

Dream Theater needs to stop this prog nation nonsense and start giving the fans what they want, A DREAM THEATER SHOW !!!! I don't want to spend my hard earned money to see a bunch of low level acts (besides the secondary acts) for an hour and a half of Dream Theater.

They screwed themselves this year by choosing to do what should have been a small secondary tour as the main tour for the album. They should have done a full fledged tour and then came back in 2010 with a limited date prog nation tour. That would have made sense. Now because many people did not really want to attend the prog nation shows and chose to wait for the main album tour, they got screwed.

I believe Mike has to take the hit for this disaster. The only thing the band can do to make up for it is come back in 2011 with a huge evening with tour. Enough of the self indulgent nonsense. Nothing else will redeem them.

QUOTE (tick @ Nov 21 2009, 09:18 AM)
Dream Theater needs to stop this prog nation nonsense and start giving the fans what they want, A DREAM THEATER SHOW !!!! I don't want to spend my hard earned money to see a bunch of low level acts (besides the secondary acts) for an hour and a half of Dream Theater.
They screwed themselves this year by choosing to do what should have been a small secondary tour as the main tour for the album. They should have done a full fledged tour and then came back in 2010 with a limited date prog nation tour. That would have made sense. Now because many people did not really want to attend the prog nation shows and chose to wait for the main album tour, they got screwed.
I believe Mike has to take the hit for this disaster. The only thing the band can do to make up for it is come back in 2011 with a huge evening with tour. Enough of the self indulgent nonsense. Nothing else will redeem them.

I for one like the PN concept but it should be whittled down to the openers only getting half an hour and therefore giving DT a full length show.

2 or 3 openers each getting 30 minutes. I will say I think PN was a great value as I paid that much just to see ZPZ a few years ago. A lot of music for not a lot of money.

I guess you read MP's forecast for 2010 tick? Seems like the economy is why the second leg of BC & SL is not a go. Oh well, glad I caught a show and glad they came to NC for the FIRST TIME EVER.

carpe diem not carpe manana.

QUOTE (tangy @ Nov 21 2009, 11:25 AM)

I for one like the PN concept but it should be whittled down to the openers only getting half an hour and therefore giving DT a full length show.

2 or 3 openers each getting 30 minutes. I will say I think PN was a great value as I paid that much just to see ZPZ a few years ago. A lot of music for not a lot of money.

I guess you read MP's forecast for 2010 tick? Seems like the economy is why the second leg of BC & SL is not a go. Oh well, glad I caught a show and glad they came to NC for the FIRST TIME EVER.

They knew the economy sucked. At least they should have. The prog nation tour should have been an after thought. The BCSL tour should by far have been the top priority for the band. That's my opinion anyhow.

QUOTE (tick @ Nov 21 2009, 10:36 AM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Nov 21 2009, 11:25 AM)

They knew the economy sucked. At least they should have. The prog nation tour should have been an after thought. The BCSL tour should by far have been the top priority for the band. That's my opinion anyhow.

I think you have a good point. Maybe they should of done the BC & SL tour first as a priority. Maybe the desire to keep PN going should take a back seat to the evening with tours. They both seem like worthy causes though.

I will say that because of PN and mike portnoy i have learned about two of my new favorite bands scale the summit and BTBAM. thanks mike! 1022.gif

I agree with ya bro 1000% They also bit off more than they could chew. I went to that Asbury Park show and it was more than half empty . They did a Conn show, a Jersey show and then the Beacon . One , maybe two shows tops . Three was to much . I think the whole Prog Nation thing is a big f-n waste if you get bands that no one has heard of or are not big in the U.S. I think if they just went out with Zappa and both played longer , it would have done a lot better . About a year ago Zappa did 2 nights at the Beacon , both sold out yet with D.T. you got seats on the floor the day of the show . Very sad

I was waiting to go and see them on the "official" evening with leg myself. Looks like a lot of people did the same thing, which turned out to be a bad move on our part. sad.gif

DT's one of my favorite bands now this is especially sucks.

Seeing them on ProgNation was cool, and I am glad that I did not wait for a headlining tour......

I think they will do another prognation early in 2011, before recording another album.......... just my guess

QUOTE (The Owl @ Nov 23 2009, 10:42 PM)
Seeing them on ProgNation was cool, and I am glad that I did not wait for a headlining tour......

I think they will do another prognation early in 2011, before recording another album.......... just my guess

You think they will do another prog nation before they do there own tour ? I highly doubt that. Not if they want a fan base to continue paying to see there shows. A lot of fans are pissed off, and they need to appease these fans. Another prog nation won't happen anytime soon imo. no.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Nov 23 2009, 09:41 PM)

You think they will do another prog nation before they do there own tour ? I highly doubt that. Not if they want a fan base to continue paying to see there shows. A lot of fans are pissed off, and they need to appease these fans. Another prog nation won't happen anytime soon imo. no.gif

you're probably right........ I am saying that if they do another round of dates in the U.S before the recording of their next album (sometime in 2011, I would imagine), I would think that they would do another PN tour... I would hope that they do some dates by themselves, but they seem to like doing the PN stuff..

............ However, I will say this. Since they are not doing a just DT show, the next U.S tour should be an "evening with" tour........... no opening bands, just a full 3 hours of DT.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Nov 24 2009, 05:20 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Nov 23 2009, 09:41 PM)

you're probably right........ I am saying that if they do another round of dates in the U.S before the recording of their next album (sometime in 2011, I would imagine), I would think that they would do another PN tour... I would hope that they do some dates by themselves, but they seem to like doing the PN stuff..

............ However, I will say this. Since they are not doing a just DT show, the next U.S tour should be an "evening with" tour........... no opening bands, just a full 3 hours of DT.

I hear ya Owl ! Did you not read my rant a few posts back ? 1022.gif

You would think that since they are not doing Prog Nation right now, and only supporting act they would lengthen their setlists up a bit.....not to "evening with" lengths, but at least 2 hours long....

The setlist, while good, is no longer than the lists from the ProgNation shows.......... common boys!

Wooooo hooooo !!!! 1022.gif

DREAM THEATER KICKS THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF MEGADETH !!!!!! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

That's an awesome setlist.

In The Name of God kicks so much ass, glad to see it in there alongside A Nightmare to Remember.