Arm Tattoos

I don't have a problem with a single tattoo like an Indian Head :wub: but this making a totem pole out of your arm is for the birds. What say you. 

• Like 1

Just now, blackhawkrush said:

Yes, but do you see beauty in it? 

Sometimes, but sometimes those "sleeves" are too much and everything kind of runs together. If you have just a couple here and there it's no big deal.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BastillePark said:

Sometimes, but sometimes those "sleeves" are too much and everything kind of runs together. If you have just a couple here and there it's no big deal.

I agree. To me this overdoing it looks as if a coalminer forgot to wash himself after a shift. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

I don't have a problem with a single tattoo like an Indian Head :wub: but this making a totem pole out of your arm is for the birds. What say you. 

Is it a fad, do you think, or is it here to stay?  I keep thinking about how those sleeve tattoos will look when the wearer is 87 . . . 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Is it a fad, do you think, or is it here to stay?  I keep thinking about how those sleeve tattoos will look when the wearer is 87 . . . 

But not 88.   :hockey2:

Well, I'm 57 and I don't regret mine. I do like the artistic value of some of them. I do agree  some of them look like a blurry mess. Those won't age well. I feel slightly less self conscious of my skinny arms with my bicep(?) tats. It's interesting to see that lots of younger people have lots of ink. Office workers, not just blue collar. Noticing more neck tattos lately.

• Like 3

I love them, and I can't wait to have full sleeves someday. I'm working on a Rush sleeve on my left arm, but tattoos are expensive, and I don't live anywhere near my go-to artist. So far, I have Counterparts and Presto on my forearm. I have the two-headed dog from the Melvins album Houdini on my left bicep, I'd like to get more Melvins album covers and maybe even some more Frank Kozik artwork as well!

• Like 1

On 3/2/2024 at 7:59 AM, Nova Carmina said:

Sunscreen is super important if you want your tattoos to age well. Keep your skin safe from the sun and your tats should age as gracefully as your skin.

• Like 1

When I was at the hospital visiting my mother, I stood near my 58-year old sister and the 20-something nurse, who were showing each other and our mother their arm and leg tattoos.

The moment they stopped, I looked at the nurse and said, "I got nuthin'.  I'm way too much of a dork to have tattoos."  Hilarity ensued....  :laugh:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Principled Man said:

When I was at the hospital visiting my mother, I stood near my 58-year old sister and the 20-something nurse, who were showing each other and our mother their arm and leg tattoos.

The moment they stopped, I looked at the nurse and said, "I got nuthin'.  I'm way too much of a dork to have tattoos."  Hilarity ensued....  :laugh:

Can relate, my niece and her boyfriend showed us their new tattoos and I couldn't think of anything to say.  I remember when it was only sailors and other sub groups that had tattoos. It wasn't viewed as a positive thing at that time to have them so I guess I am just an old fuddy duddy.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Can relate, my niece and her boyfriend showed us their new tattoos and I couldn't think of anything to say.  I remember when it was only sailors and other sub groups that had tattoos. It wasn't viewed as a positive thing at that time to have them so I guess I am just an old fuddy duddy.

I've come a long way in how I see tattoos.  I used to think they were really dumb and even low-class, but I've mellowed quite a bit.  Some of the artwork that I've seen is really good.  I don't give anyone any grief about tattoos.

Face piercings, on the other hand..... :unsure: :laugh:

• Like 2

On 3/2/2024 at 5:59 AM, Nova Carmina said:

The image of my grandpa's navy tattoo on his arm was enough reason for me to have interest in a tattoo.

I think on the young a single tattoo can look nice, but this full skin art looks terrible, imo.  And it's cliche, which is even worse.

How about the adoption of facial gang tats as a fad?  Wtf?  :facepalm:

• Like 2

Just found out that the guy I root for in snooker, Mark Allen, has a half-sleeve. I may have to reconsider my position.   :unsure:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Just found out that the guy I root for in snooker, Mark Allen, has a half-sleeve. I may have to reconsider my position.   :unsure:

Do you not like O'Sullivan?

2 hours ago, treeduck said:

Do you not like O'Sullivan?

He's a little too snobbish for me. That obscene gesture he made a while back didn't work for me either.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

He's a little too snobbish for me. That obscene gesture he made a while back didn't work for me either.  

Which obscene gesture?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Right?

One thing about O'Sullivan he has all the records, 85 titles (41 ranking, 38 non-ranking, 6 minor-ranking with 7 world titles, 8 Masters, 8 UK), he has the most century breaks in tournaments 1,244, most 147s in tournaments 15. And he has the fast, exciting style and best nickname The Rocket Nugget!

• Like 1

One thing about O'Sullivan he has all the records, 85 titles (41 ranking, 38 non-ranking, 6 minor-ranking with 7 world titles, 8 Masters, 8 UK), he has the most century breaks in tournaments 1,244, most 147s in tournaments 15. And he has the fast, exciting style and best nickname The Rocket Nugget!

I guess you can say I prefer the underdog. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

I guess you can say I prefer the underdog. 

One day he'll lose but by then it won't matter! I think they're in Saudi Arabia aren't they, with the heavyweight boxers of the UK, New Zealand, Cameroon and China?

• Like 1

One day he'll lose but by then it won't matter! I think they're in Saudi Arabia aren't they, with the heavyweight boxers of the UK, New Zealand, Cameroon and China?

That deciding frame between Allen and Selby today...   :notworthy: