This Is Inequitable. No, It's BEER.

Principled Man

1 hour ago, Rhyta said:

These two are so funny!  Have watched this a couple of times and it is hilarious.

I am a bit disappointed, as the guys didn't really drink any of the beer.  :doh:  :laugh:

• Haha 1

I don't drink, but this was very funny. I'm happy to see these two hanging out to this day, even in a little promo video for a product I'll never buy.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I don't drink, but this was very funny. I'm happy to see these two hanging out to this day, even in a little promo video for a product I'll never buy.

I don't need the beer either. Just the t-shirts and the mustard for me.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2023 at 12:32 PM, Timbale said:

Not a fan of the golden ale at all... 

That is the Burning Question:  Great marketing, but is the beer actually good?  

Thanks Principled Man. I saw this a couple of times, but why not add more support...

What stands out to me is their casual nature. Yes it's silly and fun, but the vibe is very relaxed. I bet the camera rolled and there were not many takes - they naturally enjoyed the whole thing.

How often I read over the decades about promotions and the difficulties of getting performers to get together in the same room simply to read some lines despite the anger or hate in the room.

They are such nice, mature, long standing friends. What a history, such a long catalogue of music and great hard working guys. It shows!

I just hope they know that at their age, trying to make a baby is probably a bad idea.

I liked the Moving Pitchers Belgian-Style Extra Strong Pale Ale (with Pinot Noir Must (?)). At 11.9%, I was good with one - but I thought the taste was really unique and yummy.

The Golden Ale in a can at 5.5% tasted fine, but not being a beer person I didn't really get anything special from it. It is meant to feature a piney and citrus hop character, followed by a dry, spicy finish reminiscent of a white rye bread. That went over my head, completely. But it's used in the mustard and that, that my forum friends is a tasty mustard.

So what is the promotion here? Signals honoured in the background music, but is it a new beer? It was promoted before, so is this a second Golden Ale? I don't think it is. 

Of interest, on the Henderson Brewery website, the RUSH X HENDERSON category of beer and the photo of Geddy and Alex toasting a beer, the caption reads:

"Why are we here? We're here for the beer!" (Would Neil roll over? No, I think he would be giggling endlessly and there would have been twice as many outtakes.)

• Like 2

On 3/15/2023 at 9:56 AM, Principled Man said:

That is the Burning Question:  Great marketing, but is the beer actually good?  

I wasn't implying that the Golden Ale isn't good...in general, I'm not a big Ale fan...to me it tastes like "dad beer" 😊...like the kind of middle of the road (Canadian reference here) Labatt 50 that you would steal sips from when you were a kid.  I wish the "official" Rush beer was an IPA, but that's just preference talking.  I imagine people who like classic ales might like it.

I live a few blocks from Hendersons, so I've been able to try, I think, most of the Rush beers.  I believe, but don't quote me, that some are only available at the brewery.  I had an MP that was very good...and as I said in my original post, the Signals I really really liked.  It is an unusual one, some connection to Riesling wine...and at 11.5% or so, it's not a "drink 3 cans while you hang out" kinda beer (at least for me!)

On 3/4/2023 at 7:44 PM, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Wine has ruined beer for me. I haven't had one in almost a decade. Still, I'm almost tempted to buy this...almost.