The Official 2023 MLB Thread

Nova Carmina

I shall not today attempt further to define the kinds of material I understand to be embraced within that shorthand description ("a ball outside"), and perhaps I could never succeed in intelligibly doing so.....but I know it when I see it, and the pitch involved in this case was not that.

-- Home Plate Umpire Potter Stewart.  (July 3rd, 2023.  American Family Field, Milwaukee, WI.)  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

What'll you give me for Ollie Marmol?

David Ross.   In a heartbeat.  :smile:

41 minutes ago, invisible airwave said:

Trout and Rendon are injured.  Welcome to 9 straight losing seasons with Ohtani and Salt Lake Bees.  Another bad free agent signing when Farte could have given us some PITCHING!

And now Ohtani leaves the game with a trainer after giving up back to back home runs.

I'm not even an Angels fan and this sucks hard.

2 minutes ago, laughedatbytime said:

And now Ohtani leaves the game with a trainer after giving up back to back home runs.

I'm not even an Angels fan and this sucks hard.

Now it's said to be a blister...whew...

41 minutes ago, laughedatbytime said:

Now it's said to be a blister...whew...

What's Japanese for John Lennon's "I GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS!!"   :ohmy:  :biggrin:

• Haha 1

A hundred years of devil magic and it all reverses in one year?  Enjoy it when you can, I guess.

14 minutes ago, laughedatbytime said:

A hundred years of devil magic and it all reverses in one year?  Enjoy it when you can, I guess.

It's wrong to enjoy that (though the Marlins are a sneaky-good team and fun to watch). The baseball gods will remember this.

4 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

It's wrong to enjoy that (though the Marlins are a sneaky-good team and fun to watch). The baseball gods will remember this.

It will somehow accrue to the Cardinals' benefit, we can be sure, it's just a question of how.   My first guess is that since Goldschmidt the Dbacks have actually developed a good player, the Cards will reacquire  Kolten Wong and trade him and Wainwright to the Dbacks for Corbin Carroll and Zac Gallen.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Haha 1

Swept by Padres.  Why am I not surprised?  They'll probably use Adell as trade bait like they did with Brandon Marsh on the Phillies last season.  Newsflash, Farte!  Channeling Rachel Phelps in Major League is NOT A GOOD FLEX!

Edited by invisible airwave

10 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

It will somehow accrue to the Cardinals' benefit, we can be sure, it's just a question of how.   My first guess is that since Goldschmidt the Dbacks have actually developed a good player, the Cards will reacquire  Kolten Wong and trade him and Wainwright to the Dbacks for Corbin Carroll and Zac Gallen.

And don't forget the increased likelihood of the number one draft pick!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Stupid Brewers…..

That was ridiculous. Is it just me or does Bob Uecker sounds like Daffy Duck? With a hint of Maxwell Smart. 

15 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

That was ridiculous. Is it just me or does Bob Uecker sounds like Daffy Duck? With a hint of Maxwell Smart. 

Alas, I haven't listened to Uecker in a while.  I can't get Brewers radio online, and the TV crew - Brian Anderson and Bill Schroeder - is HORRIBLE. 

I gotta put a huge antenna on my roof!   

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

Alas, I haven't listened to Uecker in a while.  I can't get Brewers radio online, and the TV crew - Brian Anderson and Bill Schroeder - is HORRIBLE. 

I gotta put a huge antenna on my roof!   

You can't get WTMJ? I'm in Chicago and I get the station on my radio. It's not a crystal-clear sound but you can make out the score at least. 

1 hour ago, blackhawkrush said:

You can't get WTMJ? I'm in Chicago and I get the station on my radio. It's not a crystal-clear sound but you can make out the score at least. 

My TV and surround system are in the lower level, where radio reception is very poor.   

I just checked the WTMJ website, and I'm now listening to the game.  I must have been doing something wrong.....LOL

The online radio broadcast is at least 5 minutes behind the actual game....:ohmy:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

My TV and surround system are in the lower level, where radio reception is very poor.   

I just checked the WTMJ website, and I'm now listening to the game.  I must have been doing something wrong.....LOL

The online radio broadcast is at least 5 minutes behind the actual game....:ohmy:

And it's 1-0 Cubs already  :rolleyes:...oops, I hope that wasn't a spoiler. 

Thanks, Rob, for your f***ing bullshit umpires who f***ing can't call a f***ing ball or strike to save their f***ing lives.  If you cared about the f***ing game you'd quit now and repay the league every f***ing penny you didn't earn, which is all of them.

f**k you you worthless hunk of shit.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

Thanks, Rob, for your f***ing bullshit umpires who f***ing can't call a f***ing ball or strike to save their f***ing lives.  If you cared about the f***ing game you'd quit now and repay the league every f***ing penny you didn't earn, which is all of them.

f**k you you worthless hunk of shit.

I've always said that the problem with most of LABT's posts is that it's hard to tell what he really means.

• Haha 1

Sir Corbin the Brave!  He laughs at balks!

Corbin Burnes, already having thrown to 1st base twice, throws over there again and picks off the runner!   :thumbsup:

• The topic was unpinned