2023 College Basketball thread

laughedatbytime

LSU ramps up the defense, makes their free throws and takes down UCLA.  Things hot testy toward the end as LSU's Reese was jawing at the UCLA coach and a Bruins player responded with a hard take down of a Tiger on a loose ball. 

The women's tourney has been great so far this year, and  Iowa-Colorado is up next!  :drool:

44 minutes ago, goose said:

LSU ramps up the defense, makes their free throws and takes down UCLA.  Things hot testy toward the end as LSU's Reese was jawing at the UCLA coach and a Bruins player responded with a hard take down of a Tiger on a loose ball. 

The women's tourney has been great so far this year, and  Iowa-Colorado is up next!  :drool:

That Reese woman doesn't live up to her first name at all, but she's a reflection of her coach so that's not surprising.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BastillePark said:

That Reese woman doesn't live up to her first name at all, but she's a reflection of her coach so that's not surprising.

Careful, or Mulkey will sue you!

• Haha 1

With eight minutes remaining Bama and Clemson go on a crazy run of back and forth 3-pointers, with Bama getting the better of it to stretch its lead to nine.  After a timeout break Clemson gets right back at it only to have Alabama answer... :popcorn:

Bama missing at the line allows Clemson to cut it to three...  :scared:

But Sears with a wicked stepback three extends the lead!  

37.6 to go with Bama up five, Clemson goes to line and bricks them both.  :facepalm:

Edited by goose

Bama advances to the Final Four as Sears delivers with a catalog of talent!  Teammate Pringle chips in 16pts to help can Clemson!

• Haha 1

Purdue-Tennessee a good one so far.  Lol at the Purdue offense as it scores inside, fiddles around outside for a bit and then remembers it has a can't-miss giant that can score at will to regain the lead.

1 hour ago, BastillePark said:

How about that Wolfpack taking it to Dook in the second half. Nicely done.

Duke needed to put the Paxk away when they had the chance!

The two-team NC St parlay was the ticket Friday & Sunday

For the NC St women, soph Azaiah James came up big again, this time putting up 27pts!  :notworthy:

Again this year, the women are killing it.

Iowa-LSU gonna make it burn tonight.  Go Lady Hawkeyes!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Leanne said:

Go Hawkeyes!! :cheer:

And LSU coach is a bit hyper :laugh:

Iowa I'd getting hosed by the refs so far.  Horrible calls.

• Like 1

Jeez, I was expecting halfway close.  Clark drops 40.  This was fugly! 

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Leanne said:

LSU coach is a bit hyper :laugh:

She’s like Jim Harbaugh.  Eternally angry and argumentative.  

I suggest meditation and yoga for both of them.   :smile:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

First half was dead even, second half came down to makes vs misses.  LSU had 18 more total rebounds (Reese alone has 20!) and 19 more shots taken but five fewer three-pointers and six fewer free throws made.  That's what it came down to. 

Kudos for Caitlin Clark for getting her team one step closer to a championship

16 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

13 hours ago, goose said:

First half was dead even, second half came down to makes vs misses.  LSU had 18 more total rebounds (Reese alone has 20!) and 19 more shots taken but five fewer three-pointers and six fewer free throws made.  That's what it came down to. 

Kudos for Caitlin Clark for getting her team one step closer to a championship

Watched the whole game last night. Angel Reese is as fierce a competitor as you have in hoops and she is fun to watch, but Clark is from another planet. And it's not just scoring threes from that other planet, it's her passing and vision too.

Women's college hoops, especially when you get into the Elite Eight, is a far better watch than any NBA matchup.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Watched the whole game last night. Angel Reese is as fierce a competitor as you have in hoops and she is fun to watch, but Clark is from another planet. And it's not just scoring threes from that other planet, it's her passing and vision, too

Imagine if her teammates were better at finishing some of those scoring opportunities.   Clark is amazing.

I agree that the women's game is fun to watch.  Much more of a team game.

South Carolina-NC St kind of an ugly game so far, and not very flattering to the women's tourney. A close game, though, tied at 30 via a transition three pointer by NC St's Collins!

My buddy is a betting man so this morning I told him to do a first half parlay of NC St and the under. 

Nailed it!   :smile:$$$:smile:

UConn violates the Golden Rule!  When it’s crunch time, you don’t give the refs any opportunity to determine the outcome of the game.  

29 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

UConn violates the Golden Rule!  When it’s crunch time, you don’t give the refs any opportunity to determine the outcome of the game.  

The illegal extension of the screen  prevented the defender from getting over the top.  It was a good call, and one that was made earlier in the game. :confused:

25 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

I hate that such a close game -- and such an important game -- was possibly affected by a borderline call in the last minute. It makes you wonder if the call was legit, and I hate that we have to wonder about such things when we have legalized sports betting and TV ratings lurking in the shadows.