They shan't be getting back together...

laughedatbytime

16 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Did Waters say/do something recently that caused this person to say this publicly? Yes, I know he's a prick. Just wondering.

I think he's made some comments suggesting the Ukrainian warmongers should just give up and not prolong the suffering of their people*, and he's made comments about the recent uptick in Israeli-Palestinian violence (I'm not on Twitter, but that's my surmise).

Polly Samson is David Gilmour's wife; she helped with a lot of the lyrics on The Division Bell

(*Just to be clear, this is emphatically not my position -- I'm paraphrasing Waters's previous statements on the issue)

Edited by Nova Carmina
  • Like 3

On 2/7/2023 at 9:52 AM, invisible airwave said:

Roger has turned into another grumpy wanker like Morrissey, Van and Clapton.

The Simpsons - Old Man Yells At Cloud - YouTube

He's too stubborn and thinks he knows everything, then he says something insensitive and gets into controversy. That's all he does on social media and I had to unfollow him because of it. 

• Like 1

I'm late to the party of all things Floyd and Waters but just a quick search tells me Polly Samson is MARRIED to Roger Waters i.e. still married. Either they have a marriage where she's happy to give him a good rollocking some times or they might not be together anymore??

Apologies if this isn't appropriate but it just made me wonder when I was intrigued who the lyricist Polly Samson was and what her artistic background was etc. 

1 hour ago, Malignant Narcissist said:

I'm late to the party of all things Floyd and Waters but just a quick search tells me Polly Samson is MARRIED to Roger Waters i.e. still married. Either they have a marriage where she's happy to give him a good rollocking some times or they might not be together anymore??

Apologies if this isn't appropriate but it just made me wonder when I was intrigued who the lyricist Polly Samson was and what her artistic background was etc. 

She's married to David Gilmour...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

She's married to David Gilmour...

Thanks for the correction. Yep, lazy research on my part - failed at multi-tasking! Pictures of Roger Waters all over the place on my search results confused me I guess.