Jump to content

Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9


The Cat 3
 Share

Recommended Posts

In Flames- Whoracle 

 

As much as I love all eras of In Flames, there is something so next level about their early death metal era. I hate to see bands try and replicate the past, but I do wish we had just a little more in this vein. Death metal Iron Maiden, anyone? 

 

Just so ridiculously melodic and heavy, this is what every single 2000s US metalcore band wanted to be, only In Flames took over the scene without one single pop hook. The true anthemic choruses are the guitar lines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

Queens of the Stone Age - Era Vulgaris

Neurosis - Through Silver and Blood

Howling Giant - Glass Future (Really fantastic first listen. It hits a lot of the same highs as The Space Between Worlds)

I used to love that Neurosis album. I've not played them in so long I'm not sure what I'd think of them now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Segue Myles said:

I used to love that Neurosis album. I've not played them in so long I'm not sure what I'd think of them now.

I enjoyed it, but it didn't seem like the most groundbreaking thing that others made it out to be. I imagine it must have made some waves in the 90s when it came out so I'm missing that context.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Union 5-3992 said:

I enjoyed it, but it didn't seem like the most groundbreaking thing that others made it out to be. I imagine it must have made some waves in the 90s when it came out so I'm missing that context.

I heard it first in 2005 after discovering Mastodon. So at the time, I found it mind blowing. But yeah, a lot of groundbreaking music can be hard to appreciate out of context decades after release. For whatever reason, I had a few of this bands albums and promptly forgot about them.

 

I used to love  meshuggah, I keep meaning to catch up with them since I last listened to Obzen when it came out and nothing since then. They are another band that blew my mind around that time that I'd like to see where I stand with now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Segue Myles said:

I heard it first in 2005 after discovering Mastodon. So at the time, I found it mind blowing. But yeah, a lot of groundbreaking music can be hard to appreciate out of context decades after release. For whatever reason, I had a few of this bands albums and promptly forgot about them.

 

I used to love  meshuggah, I keep meaning to catch up with them since I last listened to Obzen when it came out and nothing since then. They are another band that blew my mind around that time that I'd like to see where I stand with now.

I quite liked the album they released last year. The drumming on that record is insane

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

I quite liked the album they released last year. The drumming on that record is insane

Yes I heard! But I just never found the time to try it!

 

They have always had amazing drumming, so if the album stands out for that reason it must really be something special.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In Flames- Colony 

 

I think this is their greatest death metal album. Gosh it's just perfect! The following album, Cayman, is the fan fave but its near the bottom for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rhapsody- Dawn Of Victory 

 

Classic! Honestly I'm not sold on a lot of power metal, but the most bombastic and epic of the lot is the band I love the most!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dan fogelberg-Innocent  Age (9/10)

 

it's funny knowing this style as well as i do (grew up on it)  i don't even even consider dan the best at it.  i like Jackson browne, Jim Croce and gordon Lightfoot all over him.

 

BUT there's still a magic dan has that is infectious to me.

 

Mick

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Dan fogelberg-Innocent  Age (9/10)

 

it's funny knowing this style as well as i do (grew up on it)  i don't even even consider dan the best at it.  i like Jackson browne, Jim Croce and gordon Lightfoot all over him.

 

BUT there's still a magic dan has that is infectious to me.

 

Mick

He's comfort. That's the best way I can describe him! I have no idea why he above all others won me over immediately, but I'm glad it happened.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dream Theater- A View From The Top Of The World

 

I'm honestly starting to regard this album as something of a masterpiece! By far my favourite production of any DT release, and two years on I enjoy it even more than when it came out!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since the 18th: 

 

Saturdays At Your Place - Something Worth Celebrating

Saturdays At Your Place - Always Cloudy (EP)

Free Throw - Free Throw (EP)

Free Throw - Lavender Town (EP)

Blink-182 - One More Time

Boys Like Girls - Sunday At Foxwoods

The Callous Daoboys - God Smiles Upon The Callous Daoboys (EP)

Knuckle Puck - Losing What We Love

Execution Day - HEAL

What Makes Sense - Golden Age (EP)

Free Throw - Those Days Are Gone

Dowsing/Free Throw - Split (EP)

Free Throw - Bear Your Mind

Free Throw - Missing Pieces (EP)

Blink-182 - One More Time

Hot Chelle Rae - Whatever

Free Throw - What's Past Is Prologue

Free Throw - Swig (EP)

Free Throw - Piecing It Together

House Parties - Tiny Rooms (EP)

 

On the way to and from a concert that was 3 hours away:

 

Taking Back Sunday - 152

Closure In Moscow - Soft Hell

The Gentle Men - The Gentle Men (EP)

Wolf & Bear - Bloodletter

Free Throw - Lessons That We Swear To Keep

Charmer - Whateverville (EP)

Charmer - Best Worst Birthday Ever (EP)

Charmer - Charmer

Charmer - Ivy

Charmer - Seney Stretch (EP)

Have Fun! - Have Fun! (EP)

Have Fun! - …Or Else (EP)

Scene Queen - Bimbocore (EP)

Scene Queen - BIMBOCORE, Vol. 2 (EP)

Kesha - Rainbow

Super American - Sup

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Super25Smasher said:

Since the 18th: 

 

Saturdays At Your Place - Something Worth Celebrating

Saturdays At Your Place - Always Cloudy (EP)

Free Throw - Free Throw (EP)

Free Throw - Lavender Town (EP)

Blink-182 - One More Time

Boys Like Girls - Sunday At Foxwoods

The Callous Daoboys - God Smiles Upon The Callous Daoboys (EP)

Knuckle Puck - Losing What We Love

Execution Day - HEAL

What Makes Sense - Golden Age (EP)

Free Throw - Those Days Are Gone

Dowsing/Free Throw - Split (EP)

Free Throw - Bear Your Mind

Free Throw - Missing Pieces (EP)

Blink-182 - One More Time

Hot Chelle Rae - Whatever

Free Throw - What's Past Is Prologue

Free Throw - Swig (EP)

Free Throw - Piecing It Together

House Parties - Tiny Rooms (EP)

 

On the way to and from a concert that was 3 hours away:

 

Taking Back Sunday - 152

Closure In Moscow - Soft Hell

The Gentle Men - The Gentle Men (EP)

Wolf & Bear - Bloodletter

Free Throw - Lessons That We Swear To Keep

Charmer - Whateverville (EP)

Charmer - Best Worst Birthday Ever (EP)

Charmer - Charmer

Charmer - Ivy

Charmer - Seney Stretch (EP)

Have Fun! - Have Fun! (EP)

Have Fun! - …Or Else (EP)

Scene Queen - Bimbocore (EP)

Scene Queen - BIMBOCORE, Vol. 2 (EP)

Kesha - Rainbow

Super American - Sup

What did you think of the new Blink and TBS?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Union 5-3992 said:

Queens of the Stone Age - Era Vulgaris

Neurosis - Through Silver and Blood

Howling Giant - Glass Future (Really fantastic first listen. It hits a lot of the same highs as The Space Between Worlds)

still think Era is the best qotsa album, the whole vibe just sits right with me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...