• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Different for me.

Eminem-Marshall Mathers LP (10/10)

Kendrick Lamar-Damn (10/10)

Notorious B.I.G.-Ready 2 Die (10/10)

I finally cracked the code on hip-hop.  i've been listening to a lot more too.  i'm finding when done right.  I really finally see the art hear.

Also this genre makes albums that are over an hour.  but when they're great albums they fly by.

Oh i have a soft spot for Em.  he was HUGE in my mid teens and crossed over with every music base.  i just remember metalheads loving him, lol

Mick

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Different for me.

I finally cracked the code on hip-hop.  i've been listening to a lot more too.  i'm finding when done right.  I really finally see the art hear.

Also this genre makes albums that are over an hour.  but when they're great albums they fly by.

Oh i have a soft spot for Em.  he was HUGE in my mid teens and crossed over with every music base.  i just remember metalheads loving him, lol

Mick

Heck yeah!!!

Have you been following the beef between Kendrick and Drake at all by chance?

8 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Different for me.

Mick

The Way I Am and Kim could have totally been metal songs.

Holy shit, that album turns 25 next year doesn't it?

• Like 3

Charley Crockett - $10 Cowboy

Elton John - Tumbleweed Connection

Elton John - Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy

Slim Cessna's Auto Club - SCAC 102: An Introduction for Young and Old Europe

Black Sabbath - Never Say Die!

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Liz Phair - Exile In Guyville

did you know she wrote this album partly as a track by track response to Exile On Main St?

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 1

Worked from home today so that gave me the chance yet again to open up the moving box and whatever was on top got listened to.  Turned out to be a day of box sets.  First vinyl out:

Haydn - The Complete Symphonies of Haydn: Volume Two

This was a box set containing Haydn's symphonies 57 - 64.  Lot of good classical music there.  Next out:

Uriah Heep - Two Decades in Rock

A 5 LP box set of Uriah Helps best work from 1970 - 1990.  Good enjoy able stuff.  I may not be wild about Uriah Heep but I do enjoy there work.  Last out of the box:

Black Sabbath - The Ozzy Osbourne Years

Another 5 LP box set of work from the first 6 albums Sabbath did with Ozzy.  I am not wild about Sabbath but I like them enough to have bought this back in the early 1990's and kept it.  If you are an Ozzy era Sabbath fan it would not get much better than this for you.  But not really my cup of tea.  I like the big hits but the deeper cuts, eh, they are ok but I don't go wild for them.

Best box set of the day?  The Haydn classical music.  Then the Uriah Heep.  The Sabbath was the least appealing work for me.

• Like 5

Nightwish- Century Child

Pearl Jam- Yield

Pearl Jam- Vs

Blind Guardian- A Night At The Opera

• Like 3