Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

yea after the early 90's i wouldn't even bother.  i mean he can but it's no new ideas AT ALL, lol

BUT boy do i love theose early albums.

Mick

I quite like their 2006 album...forget the title. And Repentless has a good energy.

But yeah, I'm really enjoying their classics. Reign, Seasons and South are phenomenal. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, treeduck said:

I bet you secretly get scared when you listen to The Ripper! :blaze:

So scared I rip off all my clothes and run upstairs, tripping on the last step.

• Haha 3

Jethro Tull - Songs From the Wood

Ok Goodnight - The Fox and the Bird

Testament - Souls of Black

Pearl Jam - Dark Matter

High on Fire - Cometh the Storm

Baroness - Stone

Wilderun - Epigone

Paradise Lost - Obsidian

• Like 2

1 hour ago, treeduck said:

I bet you secretly get scared when you listen to The Ripper! :blaze:

I guess that depends on what he thinks the ripper is going to rip

• Haha 2

A coyote was spotted in NYC today so I thought of playing the album:

Sleeping with the Urban Coyote by Unida

Edited by custom55
  • Like 1

Stones prepping continues.

I love this album.   Played the hell out of it back in 1973-74.  

Favorite song is the album closer.

• Like 3

Pearl Jam - Dark Matter

Another Sky - Beach Day

Liked the new PJ. I never spun Gigaton, so I guess I’ll have to go back and try that one too. One thing though, the vox on track two sounded a little off to me… sorta autotuned? Idk. Otherwise it’s a good song, but there’s something really off putting about Eddie Vedder going through any kind of pitch correction.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Pearl Jam - Dark Matter

Another Sky - Beach Day

Liked the new PJ. I never spun Gigaton, so I guess I’ll have to go back and try that one too. One thing though, the vox on track two sounded a little off to me… sorta autotuned? Idk. Otherwise it’s a good song, but there’s something really off putting about Eddie Vedder going through any kind of pitch correction.

there's pitch correcting on there for sure.  and i'm pretty sure triggered drums too.

yea honestly this wasn't my fav effort.  Like Gigaton way more.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

there's pitch correcting on there for sure.  and i'm pretty sure triggered drums too.

Mick

I don’t mind triggered drums really. I get it, some drum sounds just don’t exist otherwise and are desirable. But pitch correcting Eddie Vedder and allowing it to be noticeable? Why? Like, if he missed a note here or there and you can make it subtle enough that I can’t tell you fixed it, sure. But it was all over that track and not hiding very well, and also not really blatant enough to sound like it’s being used for the effect… also why would you use that effect on Ed’s voice? Like. Have you heard him sing? Digital effects do not mix well with that instrument imo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I don’t mind triggered drums really. I get it, some drum sounds just don’t exist otherwise and are desirable. But pitch correcting Eddie Vedder and allowing it to be noticeable? Why? Like, if he missed a note here or there and you can make it subtle enough that I can’t tell you fixed it, sure. But it was all over that track and not hiding very well, and also not really blatant enough to sound like it’s being used for the effect… also why would you use that effect on Ed’s voice? Like. Have you heard him sing? Digital effects do not mix well with that instrument imo.

yea.  his voice has remained mostly the same decades later.  so the pitch correction had me confused.  Did he blow a take that bad?  if so he could do it again, lol

Mick

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bluefox4000 said:

yea.  his voice has remained mostly the same decades later.  so the pitch correction had me confused.  Did he blow a take that bad?  if so he could do it again, lol

Mick

The nihilist in me says most likely he’s actually been using it for a while and it’s just never been noticeable before (I’ve heard the number of pro singers not using it at all these days is shockingly few, and has been for a long while).  Less likely he botched a take that bad and more likely the engineer got too heavy handed with the software in post. How that passed the smell check with Eddie though I have no idea.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Mick

I find the song on Gigaton lacking. The new album has issues but the songs excite me more

• Like 1

Beyoncé- Renaissance 

Taylor Swift- Midnights

3 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I find the song on Gigaton lacking. The new album has issues but the songs excite me more

I’ll listen at least one more time, but I didn’t hear anything on this one as good as Sirens personally.

4 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I’ll listen at least one more time, but I didn’t hear anything on this one as good as Sirens personally.

Sirens...oh you make me happy. That song is close to my all time favourite PJ song.

But hey, I rank Lightning Bolt as my third favourite PJ album after Ten and Vs.

• Like 1

Pearl Jam-Dark Matter (6/10)

OK so i've sat with this album and yea big disappointment after gigaton.  

i listened past the production (whis is also bad...done by the same guy who did Hackney Diamonds.  another bad production job.) and this album really doesn't do much for me.

More lightning bolt than anything else.  there's my problem not an LB guy.

i don't think i'll be revisiting this that often.

Mick

• Like 1