Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

Rilo Kiley - Take Offs And Landings

Radiohead - In_Rainbows

Snail Mail - Valentine

Finally got to have a nice evening with my records at the volume I like.

• Like 1

Pearl Jam- Vs.

Taylor Swift- Midnights

Paramore- Riot!

Fall Out Boy- From Under The Cork Tree

Panic! At The Disco- Pretty. Odd.

Twenty One Pilots- Trench

PJ and Swift are standard listening for me at the moment. Midnights may end up my favourite Swift album, I love it more and more. Vs is growing on me even more than ever before (and it was already a classic to my ears), so could it usurp Ten for me? I could see it!

But what most stood out to me today was how much I enjoyed FoB and Paramore. Nostalgia is kicking in, what once annoyed me in my teens now enthralls me in my thirties. Great memories attached to both these records.

Panic! blew me away with Pretty Odd when it first came out. It still astonishes me now. Perhaps it's time to deep dive these bands again.

I love TOP, I hadn't played Trench in a long while so it still sounds fresh and new to me. Enjoyed it A LOT.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

Pearl Jam- Vs.

Taylor Swift- Midnights

Paramore- Riot!

Fall Out Boy- From Under The Cork Tree

Panic! At The Disco- Pretty. Odd.

Twenty One Pilots- Trench

PJ and Swift are standard listening for me at the moment. Midnights may end up my favourite Swift album, I love it more and more. Vs is growing on me even more than ever before (and it was already a classic to my ears), so could it usurp Ten for me? I could see it!

But what most stood out to me today was how much I enjoyed FoB and Paramore. Nostalgia is kicking in, what once annoyed me in my teens now enthralls me in my thirties. Great memories attached to both these records.

Panic! blew me away with Pretty Odd when it first came out. It still astonishes me now. Perhaps it's time to deep dive these bands again.

I love TOP, I hadn't played Trench in a long while so it still sounds fresh and new to me. Enjoyed it A LOT.

Ugh can I double like a post??? 

The Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin

Thao And The Get Down Stay Down - We Brave Bee Stings And All

Fall Out Boy - From Under The Cork Tree

Avenged Sevenfold - Life Is But A Dream…

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

The Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin

Thao And The Get Down Stay Down - We Brave Bee Stings And All

Fall Out Boy - From Under The Cork Tree

Avenged Sevenfold - Life Is But A Dream…

How is the new A7X holding up?

I find it so good now I can't hear the same album I initially despised at all.

Probably prefer it to The Stage at this point 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

How is the new A7X holding up?

I find it so good now I can't hear the same album I initially despised at all.

Probably prefer it to The Stage at this point 

Today was the first time I returned to it after my initially gush of love. Still fantastic, still aoty material, but a couple of tracks in the middle for the first time didn’t jump out at me like they used to. Beautiful Morning and We Love You felt just a smidge less awesome than I remembered. I don’t really take that to mean anything though, more likely I’m just finally figuring out which ones are my favorites.

Rock_and_roll_over_cover.jpg

The_elder_album_cover.jpg

COTN_album_cover.jpg

Rock and Roll Over (1976) -- like Hotter Than Hell (1974) and Dressed to Kill (1975) -- are total snoozefests for me. Blasphemy within the KISS fandom, probably, but I will never play these three again. The proggy Music From "The Elder" is far more interesting (this was only my second listen ever), but I'll satisfy my prog needs elsewhere, thank you.

The hard-rocking Creatures of the Night (1982), though? I dig it enough to keep it around. Way different sound for the band. Not so ... juvenile ... to my ears. Again, this was only my second listen ever.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chronos said:

Rock_and_roll_over_cover.jpg

The_elder_album_cover.jpg

COTN_album_cover.jpg

Rock and Roll Over (1976) -- like Hotter Than Hell (1974) and Dressed to Kill (1975) -- are total snoozefests for me. Blasphemy within the KISS fandom, probably, but I will never play these three again. The proggy Music From "The Elder" is far more interesting (this was only my second listen ever), but I'll satisfy my prog needs elsewhere, thank you.

The hard-rocking Creatures of the Night (1982), though? I dig it enough to keep it around. Way different sound for the band. Not so ... juvenile ... to my ears. Again, this was only my second listen ever.

Hawt take:  Creatures of the Night is the start of Kiss' best musical era, ending with Revenge.

• Like 3

Lick_it_up_cover.jpg

The title ... the cover. Ugh. Was prepared to thoroughly hate this, but I mostly enjoyed it, as it was more or less in the same vein as Creatures of the Night. Rick N. Backer's post above gives me some hope moving forward.

Edited by Chronos
Trivia for those keeping track: This was the 400th different album I've spun this calendar year.
  • Like 3