Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

15 hours ago, Mithrandir said:

AQUALUNG!!!!!

My God and Wind Up are superlative.

Mother Goose is my favorite tune off Aqualung.   Musically, it's got it all for me.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Pink Floyd - A Saucerful Of Secrets (for a young band, there’s a lot more ideas here worth stealing than on their better known records, as is the case with the exceedingly experimental and still tangentially obscure)

Yes - Relayer (this is a surprise grower of an album for me, it’s taken at least a few years but it’s slowly worked its way up in my estimation from sub par to superb… though we’re still not talking tippy top, cuz Yes’ ceiling is just that high)

For me, Relayer and the solo albums that followed were the last great albums from the band.   I never got Going For The One so my interest in the band started to fade in 1977.   I still continued to see their live shows but their new music was just ok and I didn't pay too much attention.

13 minutes ago, custom55 said:

For me, Relayer and the solo albums that followed were the last great albums from the band.   I never got Going For The One so my interest in the band started to fade in 1977.   I still continued to see their live shows but their new music was just ok and I didn't pay too much attention.

GFTO is just okay to me. Awake is fantastic, and the rest I could take or leave. Tormato and Drama I enjoy but never listen to. 90125 is a Top 3 Yes album, but I then immediately drop off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

GFTO is just okay to me. Awake is fantastic, and the rest I could take or leave. Tormato and Drama I enjoy but never listen to. 90125 is a Top 3 Yes album, but I then immediately drop off.

what about Talk?

• Like 1

My top 15 artists at the moment:

State Champs

Young Culture

Belmont

Carly Cosgrove

Motion City Soundtrack

Four Year Strong

Tiny Moving Parts

The Offspring

Ben Folds

Sum 41

Kesha

Rush

Blue Oyster Cult

Night Ranger

Silverstein

• Like 1

Doobie Brothers

Toulouse Street (10/10)

The Captain and Me (10/10)

What Once were Vices Now Are Habits (9/10)

I tell you.  the Doobies deserve more respect as a band's band.  Some of their extended jams in the Johnston era are absolute SMOKE shows!!!!!

What players.

Mick

• Like 2

Doobie Brothers-Stampeade (9/10)

The last full album (at the time)  With Johnstone as full lead singer/guitarist.

The thing that really kicks this album in the ass.  is Jeff Baxter joining.  As a Steely Dan nut......i was like hell yes. Baxter was SD's original guitarist,  and if you an SD fan.  you can REALLY pick out his guitar tone.

A little later in 75.  Tom would become ill.  and Jeff would pick up the phone to a little known guy called Michael Mcdonald and well......depending on who you ask.  Either Rejuvenated the Marijuana Siblings or Cut their balls off:laugh:

myself.......i take a neutral view.  i'm not in  love with the change BUT........Minute By Minute is fire.

or maybe i'm a fool to believe that......HOOOOOOO....i'll be here all day, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

Doobie Brothers-Taking it To The Street (9/10)

Ok the Michael Donald era is gradually winning me over.

The thing is......and this is why music fans are not the best source of uh.....unbiased knowledge.......but Listening to this album.  It wasn't an abrupt switch.  Johnston is still here and about half still sounds like his era.  I kinda wish Johnston had stayed having 3 main voices on here was actually way cool.  also BTW they needed new direction had they been a bar rock band forever....they wouldn't have lasted.  like no shot, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

Rush- Permanent Waves

Rush- Roll The Bones

• Like 8

3 hours ago, treeduck said:

flying-colors-525e.jpg

Neal should recruit his brother Alan and organize a guitar battle, the Meeting Of The Morses! We all know Steve'll win but it'd be fun

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I love Nightwish dearly, but like Lacuna Coil, I'm in a weird place where I just don't seem to reach out for them anymore. 

Same here but I view it as a rest.  I have actually been resting from Rush but then when I do listen to them I am reminded right away why I like them so much.  Great bands (IMO) sometimes just need a rest for you tp appreciate them more.

BTW - I was thinking some more about my ranking.

The big 5th place pack should have included Accept.  Balls to The Wall is a all time top 5 song for me, they had some other excellent songs in their early years but strangely its been their recent work that pulls them into this group.  Albums like The Rise of Chaos and Blood of the Nations are excellent.  

Helloween should have been included in the 6th place pack.  Keep of The 7 Keys Parts 1 and 2 are just pic.  Problem they suffer from is to much otherwise not thrilling work.  That keeps them out of the big 5th place pack.

4 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Greta Van Fleet-Nap catcher.....errr........Starcatcher

:zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz:

Mick

I saw them open for Metallica last year. The most boring band I have ever seen live. They played great but that's it. They just stood there and played. Zero on stage charisma or crowd engagement. The singer did not move once from center stage. I know to win over a stadium crowd is tough when people aren't there to see you. But show some f***in passion for what you do instead of just robotically playing.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

I saw them open for Metallica last year. The most boring band I have ever seen live. They played great but that's it. They just stood there and played. Zero on stage charisma or crowd engagement. The singer did not move once from center stage. I know to win over a stadium crowd is tough when people aren't there to see you. But show some f***in passion for what you do instead of just robotically playing.

they made me hate them more with the new album.  Production SUCKS.  Everything is drenched in SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH........RE...........VERB!!!!!!!!!!! and compressed to SHIT.

this is three strikes and you're out for me.  oh and singer still blows.

Mick

• Like 1