What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 29 2010, 04:03 PM)
What's happening to my neighborhood???? Seriously. I came home today to find the ONLY entrance to my street blocked by a cop who had just pulled over one of my neighbors (who just moved in with his family, three doors down from me) and was frisking him.

Recently we have had a house full of meth-heads arrested, there are some prostitutes one block over. . .what the hell is going on????

Only the criminals have enough money to buy a house these days bolt.gif

Kermy the kitty is getting old. I had to drop him off at the vets for 3-5 days so they could get a better look at his kidneys which aren't functioning well at all. This is not a good thing. The other cat is meowing nonstop and looking all over for his brother. sad.gif

Also... this weather. It's finally down to the mid-70s. This weather I can handle. Barely though. I cannot stand hot weather and bright sunny skies. I moved to Seattle for a reason. I want my clouds and I miss my rain.

Edited by Janie

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 29 2010, 06:03 PM)
What's happening to my neighborhood???? Seriously. I came home today to find the ONLY entrance to my street blocked by a cop who had just pulled over one of my neighbors (who just moved in with his family, three doors down from me) and was frisking him.

Recently we have had a house full of meth-heads arrested, there are some prostitutes one block over. . .what the hell is going on????

Charming neighborhood. wink.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 30 2010, 03:49 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 29 2010, 06:03 PM)
What's happening to my neighborhood????  Seriously.  I came home today to find the ONLY entrance to my street blocked by a cop who had just pulled over one of my neighbors (who just moved in with his family, three doors down from me) and was frisking him. 

Charming neighborhood. wink.gif

Hey, in Mara's defense, I live in a neighborhood that was decent when we moved in. It's a pit of hell now. The first house you see when you drive into our subdivision is quite obviously a meth house. Foil on all of the windows, usually ten trash bags out front at any point, no grass at all in the yard, cars in front coming and going at all times 24/7. Sucks. Cops have been camped for weeks. Nothing yet. Also, we had one sexual offender in the hood not far from where my kids catch the school bus. Another one moved in a couple of months ago even closer to us. Nice...

Anyway... this week has absolutely drained the life out of me. It's mostly self-inflicted B.S. that was completely avoidable. But, right now, I feel shredded nonetheless. My mind, my body, my self-esteem are trashed. sad.gif

I just really love getting up early and getting ready and going to work only to find out... nobody is there and we start at a different time today. WELL THANKS FOR TELLING ME!!! Now Im waiting for a phone call to let me know when to come in.

Grrr...

angry.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jul 29 2010, 01:28 PM)
I just got heat exhaustion cause it's damned hot today. Who would have thought that I'd come to the arctic and get heat exhaustion. wacko.gif

You're not in the arctic.......not even close.

The arctic is still another 550km north........

tongue.gif

My husband decided last Thursday morning to be helpful and water my rosebushes for me.

Yesterday, we were doing a bit of yardwork and I went to grab the hose to wash some mud off the driveway.

He forgot to turn off the freaking hose. It was on for THREE DAYS! (We have a sprayer nozzle on it, so it's not like water was flowing freely down the yard into the street and no one noticed).

The man was utterly nonplussed about it. "So, it's not like it was actually running."

I had to patiently try to explain backflow valves to him. I don't think he'll make that mistake again. God, I can't wait to see our water bill. sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Jul 30 2010, 02:51 PM)
Kermy the kitty is getting old. I had to drop him off at the vets for 3-5 days so they could get a better look at his kidneys which aren't functioning well at all. This is not a good thing. The other cat is meowing nonstop and looking all over for his brother. sad.gif

Also... this weather. It's finally down to the mid-70s. This weather I can handle. Barely though. I cannot stand hot weather and bright sunny skies. I moved to Seattle for a reason. I want my clouds and I miss my rain.

ohmy.gif Just saw this...I hope Kermy is okay sad.gif How old is he?

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Aug 2 2010, 06:14 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Jul 30 2010, 02:51 PM)
Kermy the kitty is getting old. I had to drop him off at the vets for 3-5 days so they could get a better look at his kidneys which aren't functioning well at all. This is not a good thing. The other cat is meowing nonstop and looking all over for his brother.  sad.gif

ohmy.gif Just saw this...I hope Kermy is okay sad.gif How old is he?

He's 11. Not too old for an indoor kitty. For some reason, his kidney failure came on rapidly. He's still at the vets and will be there until Tuesday. We got to see him yesterday. His front left leg was completely bandaged up to keep the IV in because apparently if any IV tubing is showing, he chews right through it. Even within the past week or so, I noticed a huge change. He hardly ate at all but would not stop drinking water. They'll do another blood test on Monday and hopefully that will give us a better look at his actual kidney function but the vet said he may only live another six months. Hopefully she's wrong.

Finding out through my mom that my uncle and grandmother have been complaining about my girlfriend behind her back and mine. my uncle had the balls to compare her to a woman who got kicked out of rehab for screwing too many of the "inmates", but he can't say a f***ing word to me. My little family just got smaller.

So today was the first day of tennis practice. And we were doing some conditioning. It was basic stuff really, like running, push ups, squats, shimmying from one cone to the other. But it was all hard work. Not to mention the 20 minutes of constantly moving your feet while hitting forehands before that. Well i didn't feel too good, so after practice i drove home. FAST!!!! I almost make it into the house, when all of a sudden, i throw up all over my deck! It sucked!!! But i felt better after that! I can't wait till tomorrows practice! *sarcasm* laugh.gif