Alex's 'Envy of None' released their first single called "Liar"

Jag2112

The guys coulda done a tour not performing as Rush but performing Rush music with guest percussionists, woulda been great nothing too heavy or expected, more like a party or celebration while Al and Ged could still do their thing together, can't see the problem they'd make a fortune the fans happy and everybody has a great time, just get it on

Yo this "night with Ged and Al" fantasy show with diehard fans high-fiving one another is NOT happening.

The guys are over it.

Al drinks his port wine at home and pesters Ged via text message. That's it.

Only thing left is Alex doing a limited engagement of live gigs with Envy of None.(and more beer commercials!)

I can't get my jaw off the ground. At least I can still type!

PURE SHITE.

Earl you know you're going to buy about 50 copies of it, and that's just the Japanese ones!

:lol:
  • Like 1

I’ve downloaded the two singles just out of a sense of duty

really if I’m being honest ������ .... the tracks are ok , nothing spectacular .. Lerxst’s role being very minimal

I almost posted something along the lines of "why waste your money on music you don't really enjoy" but then I realized I bought VT, S&A, and CA. ;)

Not a fan of the latest albums?

I get there is an ongoing discussion regarding style and sound for each, but all three?

It took more time for me to come around to the last albums than the earlier ones (Ok, some "middle albums" also), but at some point they clicked, and some songs clicked hard.

I bet a lot of us bought albums we were not sure about, but for me playing them often and in different moods or during different activities, parts of them can grow strong.

Some songs on each, in my opinion, are some of the best to demonstrate their talents. Yes a chorus or a phrase sounds oddly "radio" or "poppy", but also some instrumental parts are amazing?

I have not been a very huge fan of Alex's recent solo releases - but to be fair, he gets to do exactly what he wants.

Free releases, lesser known musicians being a bigger part than his part(s), pretty cool, no?

Edit: At the end of the interview above, so interesting to hear about the Rolling Stones playing the El Macambo.

On March 25, the day after your interview, Rod, they announced the release of the two night show from there from 1977.

Sweet!

Edited by Bahamas
  • Like 2

The Envy of None album will be added at he bottom of the chronological complete Rush/Til Tuesday/Aimee Mann/Victor/Geddy Lee/The Both playlist around 6pm ET on Thursday, tomorrow that is, in a little over 24 hours time.

https://open.spotify...3VFsxnR1waxwcxs

Now if only the EP with Aimee's first band Young Snakes could make it's way onto the streaming services, so we could all bark along.. :codger: