Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

4 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Since you're a musician, perhaps you can breakdown for me what's so good about everyone else in the band. Because I have honestly never heard it myself. It's a mystery that has gone on for so long with me that I do hope I solve it one day. Because I don't even understand why my reaction to them is usually meh while everyone else's reaction is treating them with godlike reverence.

Well if you can’t hear what’s so special about them as an avid music listener, I kinda doubt me trying to explain the technical aspects of what they’re doing is going to suddenly change your opinion. The best I can do is tell you they’re 4 of the most talented songwriters of all time who are also incredible musicians, little of what they do is as easy as it seems, and as a metal head you owe it to yourself to check out their early stuff. Queen, and Queen II in particular.

7 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Freddie is the only thing about Queen that I enjoy. It's always been a lifelong mystery to me as to why I don't like them at all. I like Bohemian Rhapsody and don't mind a few other songs but for the most part I always have a blah reaction to the majority of their stuff. It's strange when a band is so beloved and influential and you're just alone in the corner saying yeah, I don't really hear what's so special outside of the singer.

I've never really clicked with Queen either. I don't despise them by any means, I just don't love them. I probably wouldn't immediately change the station if they came on, like I would for a few other bands 

Just now, Super25Smasher said:

I've never really clicked with Queen either. I don't despise them by any means, I just don't love them. I probably wouldn't immediately change the station if they came on, like I would for a few other bands 

I should also mention that are very few bands that I loathe. I'm not very picky when it comes to rock, metal, punk, or pop.

• Like 1

In Her Own Words - Steady Glow

State Champs - Kings Of The New Age

Edited by Super25Smasher
Typo

Blind Guardian- Beyond The Red Mirror

• The topic was locked