Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

14 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

It's not what you think. They don't sound like Nightwish meets most generic band in death metal.

They are very creative, powerful songwriters. I have no idea who to compare them too. The best I can think is early Gojira meets Emperor meets early Dark Tranquility. They definitely are worth recommending if you love bands like Lamb Of God or Machine Head.

I decided to listen to their top songs on Spotify. I'm currently on the sixth song and they aren't too bad at all. Not sure if I've really heard anything like this before. It's like if Epica didn't have Simone and it was only the male vocals. That's the first thing I thought of. Not sure how fast they will make my rotation though. There are a number of new releases this year that I really like that I'm far from finished listening to.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

I decided to listen to their top songs on Spotify. I'm currently on the sixth song and they aren't too bad at all. Not sure if I've really heard anything like this before. It's like if Epica didn't have Simone and it was only the male vocals. That's the first thing I thought of. Not sure how fast they will make my rotation though. There are a number of new releases this year that I really like that I'm far from finished listening to.

Glad you tried them! Yes, Epica isn't a bad comparison. Surprised I didn't make that connection. If you decide to try them out, the new album is a fantastic place to start.

• Like 1

Great memories behind this album.  Just graduated college and trying to find my way forward.  This album was released that summer.

52416980222_84031931ed_c.jpg

Great tune

Edited by custom55

Alter Bridge

The Last hero (4/10)

Walk the Sky (9/10)

I've now listened to the last 3 AB in prep for the new one. Fortress is the clear winner of the trio of course.

I try with TLH but my god it just sits there and does nothing for over an hour.  just phoned in Nonsense.  Again if you want proof look at the two other projects Myles and Mark had after this both infinitely better than this shit brick

WTS......i just love and always have.  everything is more streamlined and MUCH punchier on this record.  i know segue called THIS by the numbers but sorry that's TLH and it always was TLH, lol.

Mick

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Alter Bridge

The Last hero (4/10)

Walk the Sky (9/10)

I've now listened to the last 3 AB in prep for the new one. Fortress is the clear winner of the trio of course.

I try with TLH but my god it just sits there and does nothing for over an hour.  just phoned in Nonsense.  Again if you want proof look at the two other projects Myles and Mark had after this both infinitely better than this shit brick

WTS......i just love and always have.  everything is more streamlined and MUCH punchier on this record.  i know segue called THIS by the numbers but sorry that's TLH and it always was TLH, lol.

Mick

Cool. I love TLH and not WTS so, agree to disagree 😂

Journey - Captured

Yes - Tales From Topographic Oceans

Captured is just a great rocking time filled with excellent tunes. Tons of crowd noise, and you can hear the band just having a blast. Crazy to think these guys aren't friends anymore when they used to be so in sync musically.

• Like 3

The Cult

New one from The Cult. I like this a lot .... kinda hearkens back to Love days.

Les Nouveaux Mondes (2022) by Nemo

Nemo are a French prog band who have been on the go for over 20 years now.

They are highly recommended so long as you can accept vocals sung in French.

Les Nouveaux Mondes is a 2022 re-recording of their 2002 debut album.

Arena - The Theory Of Molecular Inheritance - (CD) - solo 33,99 € CD  vendita online

The new Arena album is really growing on me.

• Like 1

Trivium- Ascendancy 

Alter Bridge- The Last Hero 

Avenged Sevenfold- Hail To The King 

Pearl Jam- Ten 

Testament- The Ritual

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Lamb Of God - Omens

The Warning - ERROR 

I wasn't expecting much from Omens except another killer album. That sounds like a really ridiculous thing to be "meh" about, but it's true. They are consistently brilliant.

However Omens has really taken me by surprise! I love this record more than the last few (and that says something!). 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I wasn't expecting much from Omens except another killer album. That sounds like a really ridiculous thing to be "meh" about, but it's true. They are consistently brilliant.

However Omens has really taken me by surprise! I love this record more than the last few (and that says something!). 

The last album before this that really did something for me is Wrath. Everything else has been good since then but nothing that really blew me away. But with Omens they are at a similar level to what they were on Ashes and Sacrament.

Yes - Tales From Topographic Oceans

Dream Theater - Images & Words

Rush - Signals

Saga - Worlds Apart

Electric Light Orchestra - Face The Music

• Like 4

Septicflesh- Modern Primitive 

Blind Guardian- Somewhere Far Beyond 

Blind Guardian- Imaginations From The Other Side 

Rush- Clockwork Angels

• Like 3

• The topic was locked