Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Metallica - Load

Metallica - ReLoad

Sorry, real fans tm. These are great hard rock albums.

Reload is. Load is a complete mess though. Easily their most unfocused and inconsistent album. As bad as St. Anger is, at least they had an idea for what they were setting out to do. Load was just their throw shit on the wall and see what sticks album.

Oh, I can't agree with this at all. I get that fans of the first 4 albums see the black album - ReLoad period as not being "authentic," Metallica, but I think they clearly were going for shorter, less "thrashier," songs, which they did achieve. In the process, they brought people like me in, who didn't "get" the first few albums. I used to tease a drummer I played with back in the early to mid-80s, who loved early Metallica, that it sounded like they were all in a race to see who could get to the end of the song first, and the lyrics were all about the joys of killing your mother. (It was all in good fun, so, please real fans, don't get bent out of shape over that). I've since grown to appreciate early Metallica, but if they had not released the black album, Load, ReLoad, and Garage, Inc., I doubt I would have.

i have to agree. and the i'm like you.....it was 90's Metalica that made me a fan. the Black album was huge when i was a kid. so that and Load/Reload was my intro too them. and back then the internet wasn't huge so i didn't know fans had a problem with Load/Reload (if they really did at all lol) I think they're fun straight ashead no BS rock albums.......maybe a tad long and in places goofy but who cares?

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

Metallica - Load

Metallica - ReLoad

Reload is. Load is a complete mess though. Easily their most unfocused and inconsistent album. As bad as St. Anger is, at least they had an idea for what they were setting out to do. Load was just their throw shit on the wall and see what sticks album.

Oh, I can't agree with this at all. I get that fans of the first 4 albums see the black album - ReLoad period as not being "authentic," Metallica, but I think they clearly were going for shorter, less "thrashier," songs, which they did achieve. In the process, they brought people like me in, who didn't "get" the first few albums. I used to tease a drummer I played with back in the early to mid-80s, who loved early Metallica, that it sounded like they were all in a race to see who could get to the end of the song first, and the lyrics were all about the joys of killing your mother. (It was all in good fun, so, please real fans, don't get bent out of shape over that). I've since grown to appreciate early Metallica, but if they had not released the black album, Load, ReLoad, and Garage, Inc., I doubt I would have.

i have to agree. and the i'm like you.....it was 90's Metalica that made me a fan. the Black album was huge when i was a kid. so that and Load/Reload was my intro too them. and back then the internet wasn't huge so i didn't know fans had a problem with Load/Reload (if they really did at all lol) I think they're fun straight ashead no BS rock albums.......maybe a tad long and in places goofy but who cares?

Mick

When AJFA came out, One and that creepy video got a lot of airplay on MTV, back when it played music :codger: :lol: People were complaining then that they were becoming too commercial. I didn't (and don't) really care for that song. But when Enter Sandman was released I remember thinking, "Whoa, wait a minute. I might have misjudged these guys."

• Like 2

Metallica - Load

Metallica - ReLoad

I enjoy both a lot to be honest

me too. they're both overly long but also full of great tunes.

Mick

In the near future I'm going to change my name to MICK signed MICK with a big dick!

RICK

Since Saturday:

Magnolia Park - Dream Eater EP

Magnolia Park - Halloween Mixtape

Mayday Parade - Tales Told By Dead Friends EP

Mayday Parade - A Lesson In Romantics

Mayday Parade - Anywhere But Here

Mayday Parade - Valdosta EP

Mayday Parade - Mayday Parade

• Like 1

• The topic was locked