The 2021 NFL thread

Nova Carmina

The possible exception is a really bad call by a ref.

Saints fans agree with you.

Those Saints fans won't listen when you say, "Your team had the lead with a minute left, and they blew it. They had the ball in OT, and they gave it away. THEY lost the game.

:D

wow, no one else is even close. I guess getting to six Super Bowls helps the cause.

Wait, they WON six, got to four others, right?

Starting with the 2000 season, the Patriots are 6-3 in the Super Bowl. Their complete record is 6-5.

And oddly all three losses to the NFC East, and Cowboys not involved.

You'd kick a man when he's down, wouldn't you? Or boo Santa Claus? Throw batteries at JD Drew?

Humiliations galore.

We didnt just boo him, we threw snowballs at him, and he deserved it. Well not the poor slob playing Santa, but the team for trotting out a skinny emaciated Santa during a rough time for the team lol.

Batteries were out of order, but f-ck JD Drew. Hahahaaa.

At least we lost to them once, aren't the Giants 2-0 against NE in the Super Bowl? Of course if SF knew how to properly field a punt NY wouldnt have even made it in that one year.

I remember when Dallas and Washington were dominant (in Dallas's case the two major waves of awesomeness 70s and the later team in late 80s). The "WFT" are just pathetic in every way. Dallas in a way seems worse because they seem to have the potential to do much better, way better, then fall short. I call that being Eagle-esque hahahahaaaa.

You mean the early 90s Cowboys. They stunk in the late 80s.

We're going to do the, "if only," in football? Hold my beer.

F*cking Assante Samuel. F*cking Rodney Harrison. F*cking D lineman who had f*cking Eli Manning in his hands. Aaaagh!

wow, no one else is even close. I guess getting to six Super Bowls helps the cause.

Starting with the 2000 season, the Patriots are 6-3 in the Super Bowl. Their complete record is 6-5.

You'd kick a man when he's down, wouldn't you? Or boo Santa Claus? Throw batteries at JD Drew?

Humiliations galore.

We didnt just boo him, we threw snowballs at him, and he deserved it. Well not the poor slob playing Santa, but the team for trotting out a skinny emaciated Santa during a rough time for the team lol.

At least we lost to them once, aren't the Giants 2-0 against NE in the Super Bowl? Of course if SF knew how to properly field a punt NY wouldnt have even made it in that one year.

I remember when Dallas and Washington were dominant (in Dallas's case the two major waves of awesomeness 70s and the later team in late 80s). The "WFT" are just pathetic in every way. Dallas in a way seems worse because they seem to have the potential to do much better, way better, then fall short. I call that being Eagle-esque hahahahaaaa.

F*cking Assante Samuel. F*cking Rodney Harrison. F*cking D lineman who had f*cking Eli Manning in his hands. Aaaagh!

The 1989 Jimmy Johnson Cowboys vs the Rod Rust Patriots. The NFL at its best. In fact, I don't know if the universe could allow that kind of awesomeness.

Humiliations galore.

Yeah yeah, that was a long time ago lol.

Those Saints fans won't listen when you say, "Your team had the lead with a minute left, and they blew it. They had the ball in OT, and they gave it away. THEY lost the game.

They had help. That call was brutal. Yes - they could have played better the whole game, but man that caqll was outrageous. And the refs defended it did they not? F-cking imbeciles.

Everything you say is absolutely true. But what else is absolutely true is if the blatant and obvious PI is called they have an easy FG to win the game. And they would have.

I've been watching pro football since 1964 and it is easily a top 5 shit call/no call ever for me. And remember when I say that, I'm a Seahawks fan and watched Super Bowl XL*.

• Like 2

Everything you say is absolutely true. But what else is absolutely true is if the blatant and obvious PI is called they have an easy FG to win the game. And they would have.

Yes, the non-call was obscenely bad, but it didn't lose the game for the Saints. They did have an easy FG to make, and they made it to go up by 3.

Hypotheticals like "They would have ____" are not valid arguments. The Saints kicker could have made or missed the game-winning FG. Predicting what "would have" happened is pure folly.

Everything was in the Saints' favor - even after the bad non-call. They had the lead and they blew it. Super Bowl caliber teams don't blow games like that.

I've been watching pro football since 1964 and it is easily a top 5 shit call/no call ever for me. And remember when I say that, I'm a Seahawks fan and watched Super Bowl XL*.

I believe they did make the FG (i have to look this up) - but enough time was left for the Rams to win, whereas had they gotten the pass interference they'd have been able to run the clock down and the Rams never would have gotten a chance to score (so same result of what you are saying).

I also believe this made the league making pass interference reviewable but not sure about that either.. no memory cells left!!!!!

Yes, the non-call was obscenely bad, but it didn't lose the game for the Saints. They did have an easy FG to make, and they made it to go up by 3.

Hypotheticals like "They would have ____" are not valid arguments. The Saints kicker could have made or missed the game-winning FG. Predicting what "would have" happened is pure folly.

Everything was in the Saints' favor - even after the bad non-call. They had the lead and they blew it. Super Bowl caliber teams don't blow games like that.

W replay they would have won. Kneeled on the ball.. then kick. Its not a gigantic what if. When the mistake happens that late in the game its more significant. Yes you have to win the game. But when there isnt a chance to really make up for a call like that its more significant. Thankfully that kind of thing cant happen again.

Edited by lerxt1990

7:15 pm, Wisconsin Time!

OlQytQY.jpg

I am starting to get a little nervous, anxious, excited..... :eh: :o :D

OlQytQY.jpg

Go Pack (still have a soft spot for them from the Lombardi days in 60s........I was a fan)!

OlQytQY.jpg

Go Pack (still have a soft spot for them from the Lombardi days in 60s........I was a fan)!

Was a fan? WAS a fan?!

Titans: Yet another dumb "go for 2" call. No reason to do that in the 2nd quarter. :no:

You have to look at it in real time when frame by frame is the best way to make the right call? How f***ed up is that?

Why have replay?

Pretty clear it was a trap. Ratings favor a clean pick, however

Ryan Tannehill is the new Tom Brady???