RIP John Lawton 1946 - 2021

zepphead

Just read today that John Lawton, former vocalist with Uriah Heep has passed away at the age of 74

RIP John

• Like 2

This plus converting one of my Heep albums from vinyl to mp3 caused me to do a bit of research about the band members. With the passing of Lawton there are barely any members of Heep's classic lineups left it would seem. So sad... rest in peace.
  • Like 1

I've been sorry, to hear, see, and read this. He will be missed, and remembered. My condolences, to his family, and friends. R.I.P., John.

This plus converting one of my Heep albums from vinyl to mp3 caused me to do a bit of research about the band members. With the passing of Lawton there are barely any members of Heep's classic lineups left it would seem. So sad... rest in peace.

Mick Box is really the only original member still in the band. A significant number of the original 'big names' , Ken Hensley, David Byron, Gary Thain, Lee Kerslake are sadly no longer with us. John Lawton has now joined this illustrious group. Edited by zepphead
  • Like 3

Mick Box is really the only original member still in the band. A significant number of the original 'big names' , Ken Hensley, Davis Byron, Gary Thain, Lee Kerslake are sadly no longer with us. John Lawton has now joined this illustrious group.

And don't forget John Wetton and Trevor Bolder, two more amazing Heep bass players who are sadly no longer with us :rose:
  • Like 2

Mick Box is really the only original member still in the band. A significant number of the original 'big names' , Ken Hensley, Davis Byron, Gary Thain, Lee Kerslake are sadly no longer with us. John Lawton has now joined this illustrious group.

And don't forget John Wetton and Trevor Bolder, two more amazing Heep bass players who are sadly no longer with us :rose:

Indeed yes ..... quite a list of amazing musicians who are sadly no longer with us.

Indeed yes ..... quite a list of amazing musicians who are sadly no longer with us.

Yeah. I just kept clicking on the links of members I knew to have played on important albums and it seemed everyone but Mick had passed away... some of them very early on. I had no idea how much tragedy had followed the band.

• Like 1