THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.25

That One Guy

10 members have voted

1. 1. When did TRF chatroom get taken down?

• May 1st
    • "This year"

32 minutes ago, Mr. Not said:

I agree hold Georgia - i stayed in St Simmons Island for a night in an airbnb and the beach there was very nice. nothing exceptional though i guess..

but the best part of my trip was all in TN, North Carolina, and Florida which of course was my favorite - very relaxing there. 

My grandmother used to live near St Simons and when we'd visit we'd go there and Jekyll Island a lot. It's a great place to go but there are a lot of tourons in the summer, especially on St Simons Island.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mr. Not said:

Politics / affordability was a big motivator for why i visited, and i have to say that between the politics, the people, the atmosphere, the nature/climate (which is the most important factor for me) I only grew to really appreciate CA a lot more, which I never thought would happen. I'm not going to pretend like it's the best place to live as a cope, cause i do feel that im kinda stuck here, but it could be a lot worse. I think most of the west coast + "suicide belt" / canada is similarly beautiful. 

honestly this is the first time i've done any serious travelling, before this i'd only ever been to CA, Alaska, Oregon, and FL. nowhere else. 

More on the ground research is necessary but I'm feeling the Atlantic coast with an ocean view is my future.

• Like 2

I don’t know if food just seems expensive because of our tight budget, or if the Walmart prices in AR are about the same as the prices at Walmart in California. 

Trying to get that sweet, sweet EBT so i can have free internet and a lower phone bill.

1 minute ago, jamie said:

I don’t know if food just seems expensive because of our tight budget, or if the Walmart prices in AR are about the same as the prices at Walmart in California. 

I miss doing my grocery shopping at Aldi. Winco was too expensive, so I relied on Aldi and the Dollar Tree a lot. Now, I have to rely on Walmart and it sucks. 

The Dollar Tree out here kinda sucks too, but it’s a good place to get snacks and that weird boxed milk that isn’t refrigerated. 

I wish meat wasn’t so pricey. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jamie said:

I miss doing my grocery shopping at Aldi. Winco was too expensive, so I relied on Aldi and the Dollar Tree a lot. Now, I have to rely on Walmart and it sucks. 

WinCo was expensive where you were?? WinCo is the stone cold cheapest way for me to get groceries.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnRogers said:

More on the ground research is necessary but I'm feeling the Atlantic coast with an ocean view is my future.

My nephew recently took up residence on an island off the South Carolina coast.  My sis says it's beautiful,  which I'm sure it is.

2 hours ago, jamie said:

Groceries have gone mad everywhere out west.  North NV is much better than WA, though

6 hours ago, JohnRogers said:

IMO, the gulf side in the panhandle area is nicer. Heck there's even a Niceville, FL but you'd have to settle for a bay view.

6 hours ago, That One Guy said:

WinCo was expensive where you were?? WinCo is the stone cold cheapest way for me to get groceries.

It used to be the cheapest place around! But once every other store became more expensive, so did WinCo. I eventually had to stop going there because I couldn’t justify their price hikes. I do miss their bulk section, though. 

6 hours ago, goose said:

Very European!

That boxed milk isn’t bad if you don’t drink it, I put it in my coffee and use it as a cooking ingredient.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2024 at 3:14 PM, Mr. Not said:

been really enjoying Billy Joel lately, love how cynical he always is

Hicksville can do that to you. 

• Like 1

I'm on the protein powder shakes now, with oat milk and bananas.

We'll see if that keeps up once I get back up to a good weight.

I'm a staunchly pro-vaccine guy

I'm also going to spend the rest of my days wondering if my last vaccines 6/7 weeks ago had something to do with all this shit I've been dealing with

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

I'm on the protein powder shakes now, with oat milk and bananas.

We'll see if that keeps up once I get back up to a good weight.

Up to?

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

I'm a staunchly pro-vaccine guy

I'm also going to spend the rest of my days wondering if my last vaccines 6/7 weeks ago had something to do with all this shit I've been dealing with

A Aron "Dr." Rodgers says it does. 

30 minutes ago, BastillePark said:

Up to?

I'm 6'1". I weighed about 175-177 before all this. I was wanting to lose perhaps 3 lbs but had not been successful.

I got down to 157-158, looking like a skeleton. I'm up to about 160 now. Another 5-10 pounds will be good.

After that I can stop force-feeding myself. Tricky to gain weight when you're exercising and eating very healthy. I can't just throw cheeseburgers and chocolate at it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, That One Guy said:

I've been vaccinated against covid five times

3 is enough for me, me strong like bull.

"I'm looking for a larger 3-row crossover"

That's a VAN. You're looking for a MINIVAN, buy one of those, quit pretending.

• Haha 2

On 1/2/2024 at 6:52 PM, Mr. Not said:

looking into buying on the russian river (guerneville area). found a nice fixer upper for a pretty reasonable price, very excited. 

Beautiful area

• Like 1