THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.25

That One Guy

10 members have voted

1. 1. When did TRF chatroom get taken down?

• May 1st
    • "This year"

i hate how dinner doesn’t exist until you prepare it

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

Amount of cheese I now eat: zero

Beef: zero

Chocolate: very nearly zero

No wonder you're unhealthy.

1 minute ago, JohnRogers said:

No wonder you're unhealthy.

Is cheese beef and chocolate the key to a healthy diet?

5 minutes ago, jamie said:

i hate how dinner doesn’t exist until you prepare it

Through the magic of DoorDash, you can turn cold McDonald's into a $25 affair from the comfort of your living room, right next to rampant credit card bills.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, That One Guy said:

Is cheese beef and chocolate the key to a healthy diet?

Cheese, beef, fats and non-starchy vegetables are. Chocolate once in a while is to remind you that you're human not just some animal.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

Cheese, beef, fats and non-starchy vegetables are. Chocolate once in a while is to remind you that you're human not just some animal.

Well, once I don't have a shitload of triglycerides and LDL cholesterol, I'll introduce saturated fats (and alcohol) back in. Right now, I'm minimizing those and focusing on the unsaturated fats. Stuff like avocados, nuts. Lean meats like fish and chicken.

Edited by That One Guy

3 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Well, once I don't have a shitload of triglycerides and LDL cholesterol, I'll introduce saturated fats (and alcohol) back in. Right now, I'm minimizing those and focusing on the unsaturated fats. Stuff like avocados, nuts. Lean meats like fish and chicken.

You're probably aware but just in case, one's diet actually has less of an effect on cholesterol than most people think. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BastillePark said:

You're probably aware but just in case, one's diet actually has less of an effect on cholesterol than most people think. 

Yep. Probably largely genes for me. But severely reducing saturated fats in favor of unsaturated fats, without adding processed carbs and sugar, combined with really curtailing alcohol will do a lot of good for me. 

Happy I have the income for it. I can just buy that $35 bag of Costco salmon filets and a $6 bag of avocados without worrying about the money. Hell, since I’ve nearly totally cut takeout (only healthy-ish takeout on those occasions), it’s practically cheaper anyway. I’ve always said that cooking well at home is still usually cheaper than Big Mac meals. 

13 hours ago, BastillePark said:

I'm more about the ratio not the overall cholesterol number, but I'm not a doctor not even a doctor Jill.

11 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Yep. Probably largely genes for me. But severely reducing saturated fats in favor of unsaturated fats, without adding processed carbs and sugar, combined with really curtailing alcohol will do a lot of good for me. 

Happy I have the income for it. I can just buy that $35 bag of Costco salmon filets and a $6 bag of avocados without worrying about the money. Hell, since I’ve nearly totally cut takeout (only healthy-ish takeout on those occasions), it’s practically cheaper anyway. I’ve always said that cooking well at home is still usually cheaper than Big Mac meals. 

There is that privilege again. Eat like a POC living in a food desert.

1 hour ago, JohnRogers said:

I'm more about the ratio not the overall cholesterol number, but I'm not a doctor not even a doctor Jill.

There is that privilege again. Eat like a POC living in a food desert.

Excuse me, I eat like a POC in a bi-racial civil union with another POC in a breakfast cereal commercial. Two more bi-racial kids, possibly in a way that doesn't make sense, with a woke dog, five beverages and a cube of soy on the table.

Last nights' dinner: potatoes, salmon, edamame. Tonights' dinner: chicken garlic with brown rice, avocado, broccoli. #helth

I've read nutrition fact labels since I was 12, but I was always looking at sodium. Didn't realize just how much saturated fat are in fun things until I started paying attention to that. My beloved 6.5oz starbucks doubleshot cans have 1/5th of a days' saturated fat, dammit! 

• Like 1

Completely off topic but if you're 6'1" how the heck do you fit in a Miata

•  
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear.

“If you have an unpleasant nature and disliked people, it is no obstacle to work.”  JG Bennett

Virtually no urban area that resisted new urban interstates leveling homes and blowing through downtowns in the 60s and 70s regrets that decision today. They’re very thankful they put in the work. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mr. Not said:

Completely off topic but if you're 6'1" how the heck do you fit in a Miata

Because I’m “leg tall” not “torso tall”. It’s close. So close that I comfortably fit in a 2019 Miata, but not a 2018 Miata, just because for 2019 they added a telescoping steering wheel. That extra point of adjustment is what sealed the deal that I could fit. 

Definitely a snug car. I’ve loved it, but I won’t buy a car this snug again.

• Like 1

I'm designing a new stupid wide road for an area that's ridiculously addicted to cars. Annoying to contribute to more car sewers in the name of a paycheck.

Eventually I need to hop over to a firm that does more complete not-just-cars urbanized designs, or learn how to do rail and get in on that action. Or retire.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

AP: I mean generally decent enough low-bias news

BP: He's a pretty cool guy

CP: Really not cool

DP: Whatever gets you off, man

EP: Kinda fallen off, who releases these anymore?

FP: Ok this isn't even a thing

GP: Like a racing Grand Prix or something?

P/G: I mean, the best. I would go join JohnnyRaaj in curbstomping the homeless who didn't do anything to him for a vinyl of it.

HP: Honestly my HP laptop is built like a tank, always whisper quiet, and feels like it will give my previous 10+ year laptop a run for its money if I let it.

IP: 194.177.251.212

33 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Virtually no urban area that resisted new urban interstates leveling homes and blowing through downtowns in the 60s and 70s regrets that decision today. They’re very thankful they put in the work. 

Not that I disagree but some examples?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

JohnnyRaaj really has a ring to it. We sure JR isn't 1/8th india indian?

I like Indians, the former British colony types.

James May: Our Man in India TV Series (2024) | Release Date, Review, Cast,  Trailer, Watch Online at Amazon Prime Video - Gadgets 360