THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.25

That One Guy

10 members have voted

1. 1. When did TRF chatroom get taken down?

• May 1st
    • "This year"

34 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

good lord rural blue-collar conservative folk are getting uppity and snowflakey about EVs. Just can't handle the sight of them??? Can't do it? Can't keep it to yourself? Please show me on the doll where the Frito-Lay semi EV hurt you.

They've always been like this. Think of the anger they had over Rihanna performing an okay half-time show. Yeah it's not my music either, but I'm sure her fans dug it. Think of all the reviews that say "Food was good, but the wall paper was ugly. 1/5 stars. Plus the owner is liberal"

Rent control? Nah, we need owner control. Let the rent be a true free market number, but get corporations and institutional investors the f**k out of the market. Limit 2 rental per person, let's see how well they can corner the rental market then.

If anyone thought me being an owner-occupier would lead to being more sympathetic to landlords, they are mistaken. I probably have an even lower opinion of them than 15 months ago.

Edited by That One Guy

f***ing yokels whining at their city allowing narrow street widths on Facebook. Wide streets kill, and they bankrupt the city at the same time, which gets passed on to you. Stop asking for pain. 

Edited by That One Guy

10 hours ago, That One Guy said:

f***ing yokels whining at their city allowing narrow street widths on Facebook. Wide streets kill, and they bankrupt the city at the same time, which gets passed on to you. Stop asking for pain. 

Clearly, you people need to better educate the folks. Explain how and why you people know what is better for them.

1 hour ago, JohnRogers said:

Clearly, you people need to better educate the folks. Explain how and why you people know what is better for them.

That’s our job. That’s more or less the job of anyone in any specialty/profession, generally. That’s… why bodies of knowledge exist on most things??

Do we ignore fire marshalls and let Joe Citizen speak over them and dictate fire policies?

But hey if all these trad Republicans want more of their kids to die, and their property taxes to double from their own choices, I guess that’s their opinion to hold 

40 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

That’s our job. That’s more or less the job of anyone in any specialty/profession, generally. That’s… why bodies of knowledge exist on most things??

Do we ignore fire marshalls and let Joe Citizen speak over them and dictate fire policies?

Back to my statement make the point better, educate, so they understand. Like say the fire marshals having to explain to the folks the dangers of charging their e-bikes in the crowded apartment. 

Edited by JohnRogers

How deliberately retarded do you have to be, to think "15-minute cities" is a conspiracy? Or a negative concept?

I wish I could double italicize, because I need twice that much slant.

12 hours ago, That One Guy said:

How deliberately retarded do you have to be, to think "15-minute cities" is a conspiracy? Or a negative concept?

I wish I could double italicize, because I need twice that much slant.

The 15-minute city is an urban planning concept in which most daily necessities and services, such as work, shopping, education, healthcare, and leisure can be easily reached by a 15-minute walk or bike ride from any point in the city.

Sounds nice to me. I don't know about conspiracy theories. As long as governments aren't forcing this on already established communities that don't want it, I'm good.

Edited by JohnRogers