THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.25

That One Guy

10 members have voted

1. 1. When did TRF chatroom get taken down?

• May 1st
    • "This year"

9 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

That’s a JR thing to do

dont do JR things 

You know what I don't do? I don't show up with $24K in cash for a Fakebook Market Place transaction on a BMW in East New York.

Just now, JohnRogers said:

You know what I don't do? I don't show up with $24K in cash for a Fakebook Market Place transaction on a BMW in East New York.

Did a gentleman you know do that?

I don't show up to neutral locations, and I don't show up with cash. They want to sell the car, they can do it at their house. The only time I spent more than $5,000 on a used car, I went through a credit union.

Really thrilled to be imminently waiting to drop $25k down payment on a 4Runner.... and still have $500 payments...

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Did a gentleman you know do that?

I don't show up to neutral locations, and I don't show up with cash. They want to sell the car, they can do it at their house. The only time I spent more than $5,000 on a used car, I went through a credit union.

Really thrilled to be imminently waiting to drop $25k down payment on a 4Runner.... and still have $500 payments...

A NYC cop did that, he's currently brain dead in the hospital. If a bank teller check and completing the transaction with a bill of sale at the bank branch doesn't work for the seller they can keep the car. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Union 5-3992 said:

I bought a car with cash a week ago. I gave the seller a check and he signed over the title in his driveway. Kinda helped that he lived up the street. 

If he took a regular non-cashiers check that's dumb of them

48 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

If he took a regular non-cashiers check that's dumb of them

I work at a bank yet forgot that was an option. I just wrote him a check and he trusted that I had it (I did). He's a co-worker of my SO's and he trusts her so it's not like I'd be untraceable after the fact. 

On 2/2/2023 at 7:24 PM, That One Guy said:

understandable

karens treat foodservice workers like trash, and then also bitch that fast food has to pay $15+ an hour to attract people willing to deal with the karens

i wish $15+ an hour was worth it. i can pay my bills but i can't afford to save, shit sucks.