THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.25

That One Guy

10 members have voted

1. 1. When did TRF chatroom get taken down?

• May 1st
    • "This year"

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

You in the market for something in particular?

Nah, some days I'm looking for something from last century. Some days I'm looking for something from this century.

Being able to afford the initial purchase price of an Aston Martin DB9 and being able to afford the continual running and repair costs of an Aston Martin DB9 are two different things

The DB9 is rad, because anything that has a gated manual and a V12 is just the raddest

12 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Being able to afford the initial purchase price of an Aston Martin DB9 and being able to afford the continual running and repair costs of an Aston Martin DB9 are two different things

The DB9 is rad, because anything that has a gated manual and a V12 is just the raddest

You are correct. Few things are sadder than a young naive gear head buying a fine European exotic at a bargain price only to find out four months later that some routine maintenance that costs $24K is due. Late model like 2014-2015 DB9 can be purchased for less than $50K.

What I found disappointing was the lack of manuals in my Car Guru search.

Edited by JohnRogers

6 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Just buy a 6-speed 5.0L Mustang GT dude.

If I'm going to do that I'm getting a R/T Scat Pack Widebody, it can hold more than a carry-on bag.

49 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

If I'm going to do that I'm getting a R/T Scat Pack Widebody, it can hold more than a carry-on bag.

These cars ain't Miatas, the Mustang is hella long. How bad can the trunk possibly be in a Mustang?

Good luck getting one of the last old Dodge products if you go that route

4 hours ago, invisible airwave said:

It's only the 13th and St. Paddy's Day merchandise has arrived at work.  Wait another month ffs.

No green before Valentines

• Like 1

Saw a 90s hits cover band last night that sealed just how talented those bands were, especially the singers.  70s are easy to cover.  90s are better left to the jukebox

Why are some old men very emotional and outspoken about their hatred of electric vehicles? They can't just ignore them? Why let them live rent free in your head? 

Unrelated, F-150 Lightning test drive at the auto show was a lot of fun. Goddamn that full size luxury pickup truck is fast as all shit. Faster than those land barges John wants to buy

48 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Unrelated, F-150 Lightning test drive at the auto show was a lot of fun. Goddamn that full size luxury pickup truck is fast as all shit. Faster than those land barges John wants to buy

What's the range at fun speeds?

37 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

What's the range at fun speeds?

Wide open throttle? About the same. Pretty much anything can deplete a tank or battery in 20 minutes at wide open throttle.

And har har har it does 110 miles or whatever towing the maximum rated load. Less than 5% of half-ton truck buyers tow or use serious payload capacity. You can design a truck for suburbanites and it'll sell like hotcakes.

Range anxiety is a strangely American thing. Lotta buyers want to demand vehicles that can theoretically handle edge cases they never experience. Buddy bought an idiotic 2022 Colorado ZR2 diesel for the range, so proud that it can do 700 miles or something without refueling for all his overlanding.

Dude, it's nearly impossible to drive 200 miles in the lower 48 without passing by a fuel station, even if you're snaking through dirt roads and trails. What's the point?

16 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Range anxiety is a strangely American thing. Lotta buyers want to demand vehicles that can theoretically handle edge cases they never experience. Buddy bought an idiotic 2022 Colorado ZR2 diesel for the range, so proud that it can do 700 miles or something without refueling for all his overlanding.

Dude, it's nearly impossible to drive 200 miles in the lower 48 without passing by a fuel station, even if you're snaking through dirt roads and trails. What's the point?

Maybe a guy doesn't want to stop every 200 miles on his 10:30hr drive to Detroit. Still, point taken and received. Yet, if an ICE guy does stop every 200 miles for fuel it doesn't take 45 minutes to fill the tank.