The 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Nova Carmina

Northampton knocked out of the FA cup by Oxford. The penalty call, which led to the game winner, was Hors-feathers. :finbar:

Alas, I missed the game (I`ve been drawing all day today). No good comes from a game where Northampton are the "overdog".

Then I take it you're not watching St. Johnston - Dundee United clash in the Scotland League Cup either? :rage:

No, but in a twist of fate, the house I want to buy in Scotland is placed equidistant between Perth (St Johnstone) and Dundee. So it could become the Simon derby, if I can sell my house first :sundog:

Are you practicing your arrrrrr's?

You`ve been reading too many books about Scottish pirates :madra:

I should've wrote "hard R." Although, when I watched the tv show "Bread", the characters sounded almost Scottish, even though the series was set in Liverpool.

That was a sorry old show; I like Scottish or Irish accents, but most English accents hurt my ears and Liverpudlian is particularly nasty. I was born in the fancy-schmancy part of England (a few miles from Windsor Castle) so speak what is called received pronunciation/ or BBC English. I have a Scottish sounding surname though, so I reckon I can move up there and claim strong roots to the area without locals running me out of town on a rail.

And of course the French changed the pronunciation of English words after 1066, right?

You know me, I`d like Europe and the UK to be in love again and we could all speak Esperanto :drool:

Now that we're back in Poland, Lewandowski's wife revealed the secret to Robert's success. Lactose-free and Gluten-free diets. I'm surprised he's still alive. :P

That`s the secret to Djokovic`s amazing tennis and near-constant foul mood too, isn`t it? :rage:
  • Like 1

Northampton knocked out of the FA cup by Oxford. The penalty call, which led to the game winner, was Hors-feathers. :finbar:

Alas, I missed the game (I`ve been drawing all day today). No good comes from a game where Northampton are the "overdog".

Then I take it you're not watching St. Johnston - Dundee United clash in the Scotland League Cup either? :rage:

No, but in a twist of fate, the house I want to buy in Scotland is placed equidistant between Perth (St Johnstone) and Dundee. So it could become the Simon derby, if I can sell my house first :sundog:

I should've wrote "hard R." Although, when I watched the tv show "Bread", the characters sounded almost Scottish, even though the series was set in Liverpool.

That was a sorry old show; I like Scottish or Irish accents, but most English accents hurt my ears and Liverpudlian is particularly nasty. I was born in the fancy-schmancy part of England (a few miles from Windsor Castle) so speak what is called received pronunciation/ or BBC English. I have a Scottish sounding surname though, so I reckon I can move up there and claim strong roots to the area without locals running me out of town on a rail.

And of course the French changed the pronunciation of English words after 1066, right?

You know me, I`d like Europe and the UK to be in love again and we could all speak Esperanto :drool:

Now that we're back in Poland, Lewandowski's wife revealed the secret to Robert's success. Lactose-free and Gluten-free diets. I'm surprised he's still alive. :P

That`s the secret to Djokovic`s amazing tennis and near-constant foul mood too, isn`t it? :rage:

Still, McEnroe is the defending champion when it comes to that.

Jeff Tarango at Wimbledon one year was pretty good too. Back to your boy, I`m not sure that gaunt look and sleek physique is worth foregoing a good cheese for.
  • Like 1

Jeff Tarango at Wimbledon one year was pretty good too. Back to your boy, I`m not sure that gaunt look and sleek physique is worth foregoing a good cheese for.

She also talks about seasonality. I think it's more about what he does in training and the partners he has on the pitch. Anyway, she's trying to make a business out of these diets, so naturally she's going to attach them to his career.
  • Like 1

She also talks about seasonality. I think it's more about what he does in training and the partners he has on the pitch. Anyway, she's trying to make a business out of these diets, so naturally she's going to attach them to his career.

I`m more of a low carb fan, if I need to shift pounds. I wouldn`t want to have a life without fat or dairy :baabaa:
  • Like 1

Poland 2 Ukraine 0 :) Using mostly reserve players, the score is more than satisfactory. The first goal reminded me of Neuer's antics vs South Korea at the World Cup. The second scored by Moder, who came on the field just 15 seconds prior. Next stop, Italy.

North Macedonia qualifies for EURO 2020. They get Holland, Ukraine and Austria.

Alexander the Great will be celebrating in his grave.

*Stat - He might have had no more Worlds to conquer, but he never won the Euros.

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

North Macedonia qualifies for EURO 2020. They get Holland, Ukraine and Austria.

Alexander the Great will be celebrating in his grave.

*Stat - He might have had no more Worlds to conquer, but he never won the Euros.

I would kill to be in that group. :sigh:

Bitterly disappointing result .... but at least we made a go of it. Scotland currently on penalties. Edited by zepphead

Bitterly disappointing result .... but at least we made a go of it. Scotland on penalties.

Hmmm, Scotland through. So good for them, but sorry about your lot.

Well at least it's another home nation in the finals.
  • Like 1

Bitterly disappointing result .... but at least we made a go of it. Scotland on penalties.

Hungary wins - good. Scotland wins - good. Peacock-Farrell should've watched the near post on the game winner. :banghead: That was the only spot the ball could've been placed. And then there was that bad back header to start the scoring. C'est-la-ville. :sigh:
  • Like 1

Hungary wins - good. Scotland wins - good. Peacock-Farrell should've watched the near post on the game winner. :banghead: That was the only spot the ball could've been placed. And then there was that bad back header to start the scoring. C'est-la-ville. :sigh:

I agree about Peacock-Farrell but in fairness the better team on the night won the game.
  • Like 1

I agree about Peacock-Farrell but in fairness the better team on the night won the game.

I noticed N. Ireland played better after falling behind. In my mind, they wasted time when they were leveled, letting Slovakia attack more. Also, isn't McGovern a better goalkeeper than BPF?
  • Like 1

I noticed N. Ireland played better after falling behind. In my mind, they wasted time when they were leveled, letting Slovakia attack more. Also, isn't McGovern a better goalkeeper than BPF?

He's not even getting a first team spot at Norwich.
  • Like 1

Nor is BPF at Burnley.
  • Like 1

Nor is BPF at Burnley.

True.
  • Like 1

Four Ukrainian national team's players have the virus. How soon will the Polish players start getting positive results? :scared: In other news, Salah also has COVID. Another problem for Liverpool.
  • Like 1