The 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Nova Carmina

I know, it`s only going to be for a couple of hours, but please indulge me -

Tottenham are top of the league, and it`s the first time ever that we have been top at this late stage of the season (8 games! He he he).

• Like 2

Tottenham are top of the league, and it`s the first time ever that we have been top at this late stage of the season (8 games! He he he).

We are soulmates, Simon. We both won a championship in 1961. :fistbump:
  • Like 1

Meanwhile, in the Scottish Premier League the competitive light burns as brightly as ever.

I'm not surprised by the score. Rangers were this close from winning in Portugal on Thursday.

Could this be the season???
  • Like 1

In 1995, I famously proclaimed to friends that we were so far behind the big clubs that we would not win the league in my lifetime. So...horror of horrors, do I actually want to be wrong? I don't think I need to worry too much about pride-swallowing just yet, but I have to admit that it is more likely with Jose than it was with Christian Gross.
  • Like 1

In 1995, I famously proclaimed to friends that we were so far behind the big clubs that we would not win the league in my lifetime. So...horror of horrors, do I actually want to be wrong? I don't think I need to worry too much about pride-swallowing just yet, but I have to admit that it is more likely with Jose than it was with Christian Gross.

Indeed! Jose could just be the man to pull it off.
  • Like 1

Top 10 fewest minutes per goal in Europe's five best leagues this season ( 5+ goals scored ) 1. Lewandowski 41.5 minutes, 2. Kramaric 45, 3. Ronaldo 48.3, 4. Ibrahimovic 56.3, 5. Mbappe 62.1, 6. Alario 67.7, 7. Vardy 70.1, 8. Suarez 75.2, 9. Dia 75.5, 10. Haaland 79.3
  • Like 1

Top 10 fewest minutes per goal in Europe's five best leagues this season ( 5+ goals scored ) 1. Lewandowski 41.5 minutes, 2. Kramaric 45, 3. Ronaldo 48.3, 4. Ibrahimovic 56.3, 5. Mbappe 62.1, 6. Alario 67.7, 7. Vardy 70.1, 8. Suarez 75.2, 9. Dia 75.5, 10. Haaland 79.3

I wonder who has the deadliest duo? Or which player has the best goals and assists record? I kid, I kid, we all know :laughing yellow guy:
  • Like 2

Northampton knocked out of the FA cup by Oxford. The penalty call, which led to the game winner, was Hors-feathers. :finbar:

Alas, I missed the game (I`ve been drawing all day today). No good comes from a game where Northampton are the "overdog".

Northampton knocked out of the FA cup by Oxford. The penalty call, which led to the game winner, was Hors-feathers. :finbar:

Alas, I missed the game (I`ve been drawing all day today). No good comes from a game where Northampton are the "overdog".

Then I take it you're not watching St. Johnston - Dundee United clash in the Scotland League Cup either? :rage:
  • Like 1

Then I take it you're not watching St. Johnston - Dundee United clash in the Scotland League Cup either? :rage:

No, but in a twist of fate, the house I want to buy in Scotland is placed equidistant between Perth (St Johnstone) and Dundee. So it could become the Simon derby, if I can sell my house first :sundog:
  • Like 1

No, but in a twist of fate, the house I want to buy in Scotland is placed equidistant between Perth (St Johnstone) and Dundee. So it could become the Simon derby, if I can sell my house first :sundog:

Are you practicing your arrrrrr's?
  • Like 1

You`ve been reading too many books about Scottish pirates :madra:
  • Like 1

I should've wrote "hard R." Although, when I watched the tv show "Bread", the characters sounded almost Scottish, even though the series was set in Liverpool.

I should've wrote "hard R." Although, when I watched the tv show "Bread", the characters sounded almost Scottish, even though the series was set in Liverpool.

That was a sorry old show; I like Scottish or Irish accents, but most English accents hurt my ears and Liverpudlian is particularly nasty. I was born in the fancy-schmancy part of England (a few miles from Windsor Castle) so speak what is called received pronunciation/ or BBC English. I have a Scottish sounding surname though, so I reckon I can move up there and claim strong roots to the area without locals running me out of town on a rail.
  • Like 1

That was a sorry old show; I like Scottish or Irish accents, but most English accents hurt my ears and Liverpudlian is particularly nasty. I was born in the fancy-schmancy part of England (a few miles from Windsor Castle) so speak what is called received pronunciation/ or BBC English. I have a Scottish sounding surname though, so I reckon I can move up there and claim strong roots to the area without locals running me out of town on a rail.

And of course the French changed the pronunciation of English words after 1066, right?
  • Like 1

And of course the French changed the pronunciation of English words after 1066, right?

You know me, I`d like Europe and the UK to be in love again and we could all speak Esperanto :drool:
  • Like 1

You know me, I`d like Europe and the UK to be in love again and we could all speak Esperanto :drool:

Now that we're back in Poland, Lewandowski's wife revealed the secret to Robert's success. Lactose-free and Gluten-free diets. I'm surprised he's still alive. :P
  • Like 1