The 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Nova Carmina

That pesky Jota signing is working out rather well.

Yes, it looks like my pessimism about his cost was . . . wrong.

Up the 'pool!

Everyone`s happy tonight - Lewandowski back to his usual shenanigans.
  • Like 1

Up the 'pool!

He had two tonight but played, at best, an average game. His crazy header was one of the highlights of the proceedings.
  • Like 1

Up the 'pool!

He had two tonight but played, at best, an average game. His crazy header was one of the highlights of the proceedings.

I must say, I was not expecting the Liverpool result. I thought they may struggle. A pleasant surprise.
  • Like 1

Up the 'pool!

I must say, I was not expecting the Liverpool result. I thought they may struggle. A pleasant surprise.

Not quite the barnstorming Atalanta we`ve been hearing about, eh? Maybe your squad is a little better than people who support teams currently sitting in third might like :eyeroll: Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 3

Up the 'pool!

Not quite the barnstorming Atalanta we`ve been hearing about, eh? Maybe your squad is a little better than people who support teams currently sitting in third might like :eyeroll:

Perhaps. Time will tell but I think the top 5 league places will shuffle about a lot over the next couple of months.

If you look at the top 5 teams, the only team with a better record over the last 5 games than Spurs is Southampton! ... I mean Southampton??!! What is going on!!!?

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 1

Up the 'pool!

Not quite the barnstorming Atalanta we`ve been hearing about, eh? Maybe your squad is a little better than people who support teams currently sitting in third might like :eyeroll:

Perhaps. Time will tell but I think the top 5 league places will shuffle about a lot over the next couple of months.

If you look at the top 5 teams, the only team with a better record over the last 5 games than Spurs is Southampton! ... I mean Southampton??!! What is going on!!!?

Yep, most teams can win four or five in a row. Spurs have a run of very tricky fixtures coming up, and frankly I don`t fancy us for any of them. Jose is right that the strength in depth of the league is really high right now. Except for the bottom four... bloody terrible...
  • Like 1

Up the 'pool!

Yep, most teams can win four or five in a row. Spurs have a run of very tricky fixtures coming up, and frankly I don`t fancy us for any of them. Jose is right that the strength in depth of the league is really high right now. Except for the bottom four... bloody terrible...

Yeah, there are four or five teams there that you know will spend the whole season struggling. Personally I think that pruning the league of a couple of teams would not be a bad thing.
  • Like 1

Up the 'pool!

Yeah, there are four or five teams there that you know will spend the whole season struggling. Personally I think that pruning the league of a couple of teams would not be a bad thing.

While in Poland, they'll increase the number of teams next season from 16 to 18. :eyeroll:
  • Like 2

Up the 'pool!

While in Poland, they'll increase the number of teams next season from 16 to 18. :eyeroll:

There are always a few teams that spoil leagues. I`m pleased to have proper sides like Villa and Leeds back for that reason, in place of Bournemouth and Stoke and their ilk. Has Poland sufficient strength in depth? You don`t want another Dutch league on your hands with perennial whipping boys, unless you enjoy a good mismatch.
  • Like 2

Up the 'pool!

There are always a few teams that spoil leagues. I`m pleased to have proper sides like Villa and Leeds back for that reason, in place of Bournemouth and Stoke and their ilk. Has Poland sufficient strength in depth? You don`t want another Dutch league on your hands with perennial whipping boys, unless you enjoy a good mismatch.

Let me put it this way, we have a team in Ekstraklasa that gives up four goals a game and they still have a good shot at not getting relegated.
  • Like 2

Interlopers at the top of the PL alert.

What a boring league. :zzz:

Never, even in my weirdest dreams, could I imagine saying, Southampton go top of the Premier League!!

Are we approaching the 'End of Days'?? Do we need to prepare for the Apocalypse? What the hell is happening!!??

• Like 2

Never, even in my weirdest dreams, could I imagine saying, Southampton go top of the Premier League!!

Are we approaching the 'End of Days'?? Do we need to prepare for the Apocalypse? What the hell is happening!!??

Intriguing times, if not quite apocalyptic, as it could theoretically stay that way over the (blasted) international break. Depends on Liverpool vs Man City, West Brom vs Spurs, Everton vs Man Utd, Leics vs Wolves... it`s anybody`s guess.
  • Like 1

Next they'll be telling us Southampton is in Westphalia. ;)
  • Like 2

Next they'll be telling us Southampton is in Westphalia. ;)

:LMAO:

It's temporary, I tell ya!

It is more fun when you've got a handful of teams who could beat each other, and another handful who could beat the first bunch if things break their way. As long as Liverpool keep winning.

How does Pickford get away with crashing into people? Does he have incriminating photos of all the VAR refs? A deal with Satan?

• Like 1

FiveThirtyEight analysists determined chances to win the Champions League: Bayern 26%, Man City 17%, Barcelona 10%, Liverpool 7%, Borussia 6%, Real 5%, PSG 4%.

In light of recent events, I'm less inclined to trust 538!

At the same time, it makes sense for Bayern to be the favorite, until somebody shows they can be beaten in a repeatable way.

It's temporary, I tell ya!

It is more fun when you've got a handful of teams who could beat each other, and another handful who could beat the first bunch if things break their way. As long as Liverpool keep winning.

How does Pickford get away with crashing into people? Does he have incriminating photos of all the VAR refs? A deal with Satan?

Well, yes to both of your points on Pickford; he also has something on Southgate to guarantee England No.1 status. When Ancelotti said he needed to stop thinking and be more instinctive... so we had the thinking version before? The VVD assault was measured and thoughtful? There`s no way he`s smart enough to be that calculated.
  • Like 1