The 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Nova Carmina

Cracovia 1 Wisla 1 Ten yellow cards, one red. Wisla scoring from a penalty kick that should not have been given. Warsaw referee. Cracovia only started playing better after Forbes was sent off. They finally tied the game late. Overall, the draw seems to be the right result.

I know if Spurs win then Liverpool can only go second with a win, but man, I like watching Kane and Son whipping the Arse!

Yes. Yes, we do.

In addition, I`m on the TRF record as being very keen on Mourinho & Spurs; "Together at last". A winning mentality (which was the only missing thing under the beloved Poch) added to the talented players we have... it always had a chance of being an interesting combination.

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

World Cup qualifying draw is tomorrow. The festivities will begin at 11:00am Central time. :popcorn:

I was about to post that it`s about time that England vs Poland - a seemingly bi-annual fixture from my youth - made a return. Plus ca change, etc.
  • Like 2

World Cup qualifying draw is tomorrow. The festivities will begin at 11:00am Central time. :popcorn:

I was about to post that it`s about time that England vs Poland - a seemingly bi-annual fixture from my youth - made a return. Plus ca change, etc.

I have bad memories about most of those encounters, draws at home, loses away. I can count on your support for Lewandowski and company? Not that it would help, of course.
  • Like 1

I have bad memories about most of those encounters, draws at home, loses away. I can count on your support for Lewandowski and company? Not that it would help, of course.

Or maybe you misjudge my influence? Truthfully, you can 100% guarantee my absolute ambivalence.
  • Like 1

Or maybe you misjudge my influence? Truthfully, you can 100% guarantee my absolute ambivalence.

Truthfully, it doesn't matter. For Poland, these ten games will feel like a bunch of friendlies. We can finish last in this group and still get to the playoffs, because of the high ranking in the Nations League. I love Nations League. :wub:
  • Like 1

Truthfully, it doesn't matter. For Poland, these ten games will feel like a bunch of friendlies. We can finish last in this group and still get to the playoffs, because of the high ranking in the Nations League. I love Nations League. :wub:

I would disband the national team for some club success :wub: Hopefully I`ll be living in Scotland by the summer and my Englishness will be but a memory.

Then you may have to (pretend to) care about Scotland's fortunes! They have a shout this time . . .

My hope-ometer is set for dashed already!

They'd have a better chance at tennis...er, badminton.
  • Like 2

Then you may have to (pretend to) care about Scotland's fortunes! They have a shout this time . . .

It could be worse ........ you could be a N. Ireland supporter lol!! :facepalm:
  • Like 2

Italy, Switzerland, Bulgaria...piece of cake. :atickhum:
  • Like 1

It turns out that in order to get a wild card for the playoffs, you had to win a Nations League group. That would apply to Hungary, Austria, Wales and the Czech Republic, not Poland. I don't love Nations League. :moon:
  • Like 2

It turns out that in order to get a wild card for the playoffs, you had to win a Nations League group. That would apply to Hungary, Austria, Wales and the Czech Republic, not Poland. I don't love Nations League. :moon:

I thought your love was misplaced, but I know better than to question a chap when he`s fallen for something odd.
  • Like 1

Italy, Switzerland, Bulgaria...piece of cake. :atickhum:

:joker:

Hmm, Man U needs to get Red Bull as their sponsor. :hail: :hail:

And what is going on in the other game? Linesman using racist remarks? Game suspended... :wacko:

I didn't see any of the games but a strange night all round.
  • Like 1

And what is going on in the other game? Linesman using racist remarks? Game suspended... :wacko:

I hate to propose this, but if UEFA only used Polish officials, noone would have any idea they're saying the word "black" to each other.
  • Like 1

I hate to propose this, but if UEFA only used Polish officials, noone would have any idea they're saying the word "black" to each other.

This sounds like a cunning plan lol!!
  • Like 1

This sounds like a cunning plan lol!!

Now if I could just get rid of the fat girlfriend from Spain. :sigh:
  • Like 1