The 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Nova Carmina

Hmm, Man U needs to get Red Bull as their sponsor. :hail: :hail:

And what is going on in the other game? Linesman using racist remarks? Game suspended... :wacko:

I didn't see any of the games but a strange night all round.

I hate to propose this, but if UEFA only used Polish officials, noone would have any idea they're saying the word "black" to each other.

This sounds like a cunning plan lol!!

Now if I could just get rid of the fat girlfriend from Spain. :sigh:

:rfl:

Today's assistant referee for the PSG- Istanbul game is from Poland. I can't take credit for it, though. He did the Rennes-Sevilla match yesterday so it made sense for him to stay in France and replace the Romanian.
  • Like 1

Today's assistant referee for the PSG- Istanbul game is from Poland. I can't take credit for it, though. He did the Rennes-Sevilla match yesterday so it made sense for him to stay in France and replace the Romanian.

Istanbul are showing the fatigue associated with playing twice in two days.
  • Like 2

Istanbul are showing the fatigue associated with playing twice in two days.

They should've stayed on one knee the entire game. At least they'd have an excuse.

Paolo Rossi has died at age 64. :rose: He scored six huge goals for Italy at the 1982 World Cup.

He was a great player and the star of that World Cup. A hat trick against Brazil in an unforgettable game. RIP Paolo.
  • Like 1

After this edition of Euro Cups, Ekstraklasa will take over 30th place in Europe, just behind Belarus. :facepalm:

So, it begs the question. Has the Ekstraklasa let its quality drop or have Azerbaijan, Israel, Kazakhstan et al. improved? And you have a comfortable 6.875 pt lead over the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, so don`t be too downhearted.
  • Like 1

After this edition of Euro Cups, Ekstraklasa will take over 30th place in Europe, just behind Belarus. :facepalm:

So, it begs the question. Has the Ekstraklasa let its quality drop or have Azerbaijan, Israel, Kazakhstan et al. improved? And you have a comfortable 6.875 pt lead over the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, so don`t be too downhearted.

Our teams sign players from third division Spain and those guys become superstars in Ekstraklasa. In a few years, it'll be hello, Luxemburg. :hi:

Our teams sign players from third division Spain and those guys become superstars in Ekstraklasa. In a few years, it'll be hello, Luxemburg. :hi:

I read this article a day or two back. The standard might be lower than the Segunda B! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55146467
  • Like 1

Klich on penalty duty, eh? Well, I suppose if there were no other players on the field he might be the man. I`m live reporting BTW... and it`s a terrible pen. And Fabianski saves, but was off his line, and then Klich scores a better pen second time. All-Rzeczpospolita Polska shenanigans tonight at Elland Road.
  • Like 1

I read this article a day or two back. The standard might be lower than the Segunda B! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55146467

The article is a bit misleading. Warta just got promoted to Ekstraklasa, after finishing third in 2nd tier. Kuzimski may have scored seven goals, but I think most of them came against 4th division opponents during their current Cup run. Btw, they're playing Cracovia in the next round. The video at the bottom features Warta and my boys. Yeah, we let that one slip away.
  • Like 1

Klich on penalty duty, eh? Well, I suppose if there were no other players on the field he might be the man. I`m live reporting BTW... and it`s a terrible pen. And Fabianski saves, but was off his line, and then Klich scores a better pen second time. All-Rzeczpospolita Polska shenanigans tonight at Elland Road.

While at the same time, Erik Exposito (Spain) scores for Slask Wroclaw. :eyeroll:

Big day tomorrow, Gornik-Cracovia and Wisla-Legia. Will I stand the strain? :bang bang: :heart:

I shall be wearing my half Spurs, half Wisla scarf to commemorate the day :crazy:

Skip the Wisla part... Wisla 1 Legia 2 :banghead: Same old sins, can't hold on to the lead.

Big day tomorrow, Gornik-Cracovia and Wisla-Legia. Will I stand the strain? :bang bang: :heart:

I shall be wearing my half Spurs, half Wisla scarf to commemorate the day :crazy:

Skip the Wisla part... Wisla 1 Legia 2 :banghead: Same old sins, can't hold on to the lead.

I was flushed with the success of fitting a new dishwasher and integrated door just before posting, so must have lost the ability to follow posts chronologically as a cosmic counterbalance.
  • Like 1

I was flushed with the success of fitting a new dishwasher and integrated door just before posting, so must have lost the ability to follow posts chronologically as a cosmic counterbalance.

The price of the house is gonna go up, eh? :ebert:
  • Like 1

The old one died and I couldn`t face another week of washing up like it was 1955! My wife rejected my offer of investing in paper plates and wooden sporks for the foreseeable future :bitchslap:
  • Like 2

The old one died and I couldn`t face another week of washing up like it was 1955! My wife rejected my offer of investing in paper plates and wooden sporks for the foreseeable future :bitchslap:

Sadly in our household I am the dishwasher.
  • Like 2

:D You must be doing a bang-up job. Always perform an unpleasant task really badly until someone steps in and says "oh, let me do it!".
  • Like 2

:D You must be doing a bang-up job. Always perform an unpleasant task really badly until someone steps in and says "oh, let me do it!".

I had to do some dishwashing after the Wisla-Legia game. It's amazing no plates got broken. You can't be pleased about today's outcome...but you have a dishwasher. :atickhum:
  • Like 1