Highway To Hell, 1984 or News Of The World?

_hi_water._

27 members have voted

1. 1. Highway To Hell or 1984?

• Highway To Hell - AC/DC
    • 1984 - Van Halen
    • News Of The World - Queen

This is actually tougher than one might think. HTH is the best AC/DC album with Bon. Still, I have to go with 1984.

Haha .... if you think it's tough Rick then that speaks volumes!!

:LOL:

There's very little material out there that can go up against the first 6 VH albums IMO.

• Like 3

This is actually tougher than one might think. HTH is the best AC/DC album with Bon. Still, I have to go with 1984.

Haha .... if you think it's tough Rick then that speaks volumes!!

:LOL:

There's very little material out there that can go up against the first 6 VH albums IMO.

^^^

I owe you everything

• Like 2

News of the World. Highway to Hell is kinda close, but 1984 is a very distand third (it's overrated and I really don't get the love for that album, first 4 VH albums are far superior).

I think lots of diehard VH fans think of "Top Jimmy," "Drop Dead Legs," "Girl Gone Bad," and "House Of Pain" when thinking of 1984.
  • Like 1

News of the World. Highway to Hell is kinda close, but 1984 is a very distand third (it's overrated and I really don't get the love for that album, first 4 VH albums are far superior).

I think lots of diehard VH fans think of "Top Jimmy," "Drop Dead Legs," "Girl Gone Bad," and "House Of Pain" when thinking of 1984.

Those are what I listen to, but not what I think of when judging the album as a whole. Panama, Hot For Teacher and Jump I really don't care to hear anymore, and I'll Wait is garbage, so 1984 is easily at the bottom of my Dave-era VH rankings.

For me Top Jimmy and GGB are meh, DDL is solid, HOP is just OK. Panama is easily the best tune on 1984.

Edited by Texas King

For me Top Jimmy and GGB are meh, DDG is solid, HOP is just OK. Panama is easily the best tune on 1984.

Girl Gone Bad.... mediocre? Edited by _hi_water._

For me Top Jimmy and GGB are meh, DDG is solid, HOP is just OK. Panama is easily the best tune on 1984.

Girl Gone Bad.... mediocre?

Yep.

Those are what I listen to, but not what I think of when judging the album as a whole. Panama, Hot For Teacher and Jump I really don't care to hear anymore, and I'll Wait is garbage, so 1984 is easily at the bottom of my Dave-era VH rankings.

I must be missing something about I'll Wait because I don't get why so many think it sucks.

• Like 3

I must be missing something about I'll Wait because I don't get why so many think it sucks.

Synthesizers.

For the record I love it. My dad thinks that's DLR's best moment as a singer.

• Like 2

highway to hell actually rocks, so

But NOTW has jazz :cool: and bossa nova :7up: and whatever the heck Get Down Make Love is :dweez:

Synthesizers.

For the record I love it. My dad thinks that's DLR's best moment as a singer.

I think I agree with your dad on that one. Good, catchy song. Always liked it.

• Like 1

Highway to Hell winning the poll as expected.

But not in a complete landslide which is good because all three albums are tops.

Highway to Hell winning the poll as expected.

But not in a complete landslide which is good because all three albums are tops.

HTH is probs AC/DC's best album, but I also love For Those About To Rock the same

I owe you everything

A portion of the music that is bought for yourself goes towards the artists, musicians, bands, and groups. I've liked "Queen - News of the World", and "Van Halen - 1984" the same, and equally. For, and by voting, I didn't pick, and choose.

Edited by Derek19

I owe you everything

A portion of the music that is bought for yourself goes towards the artists, musicians, bands, and groups.

How is that a relevant response?

I owe you everything

A portion of the music that is bought for yourself goes towards the artists, musicians, bands, and groups.

That's his way of trolling. Mine is to come in and say that AC/DC is winning the poll. Which is best? ;)

I owe you everything

That's his way of trolling. Mine is to come in and say that AC/DC is winning the poll. Which is best? ;)

I owe you everything

I like it better when you post a slew of death metal album covers in the album thread, but the AC/DC thing is decent.