Your Absolute Least Favorite Rush Song Is...

_hi_water._

19 members have voted

1. 1. What's your least favorite Rush song? (No Feedback)

• "Need Some Love" - Rush
    • "In The Mood" - Rush
    • "Rivendell" - Fly By Night
    • "I Think I'm Going Bald" - Caress Of Steel
    • "Tears" - 2112
    • "Madrigal" - A Farewell To Kings
    • "Countdown" - Signals
    • "Red Lenses" - Grace Under Pressure
    • "Second Nature" - Hold Your Fire
    • "Tai Shan" - Hold Your Fire
    • "Scars" - Presto
    • "Anagram (For Mongo)" - Presto
    • "Roll The Bones" - Roll The Bones
    • "Neurotica" - Roll The Bones
    • "You Bet Your Life" - Roll The Bones
    • "The Speed Of Love" - Counterparts
    • "Half The World" - Test For Echo
    • "The Color Of Right" - Test For Echo
    • "Dog Years" - Test For Echo
    • "Virtuality" - Test For Echo
    • "The Stars Look Down" - Vapor Trails
    • "Out Of The Cradle" - Vapor Trails
    • "The Way The Wind Blows" - Snakes & Arrows
    • "Bravest Face" - Snakes & Arrows
    • "Good News First" - Snakes & Arrows
    • "BU2B2" - Clockwork Angels
    • "Heresy" - Roll The Bones (added)
    • "Faithless" - Snakes & Arrows (added)
    • "High Water" - Hold Your Fire (added)
    • "Superconductor" - Presto (added)
    • "War Paint" - Presto (added)
    • "Time And Motion" - Test For Echo (added)
    • "Face Up" - Roll The Bones (late add)
    • "The Big Wheel" - Roll The Bones (late add)
    • "Totem" - Test For Echo (late add)
  2. 2. How do you feel about the song you chose?

• I like/love it.
    • Ehhh.
    • I just dislike it.
    • I despise it with a passion.
  3. 3. What other bands should we do for the same subject?

• Progressive Bands
    • Heavy Metal Bands
    • Glam Rock Bands
    • Hard Rock Bands
    • Classic Rock Bands
    • Rap Rock Bands

Side 2 of COS. I've always found it plodding and boring. But it was indeed the prototype for 2112.

It was definitely the prototype for 2112 ..... and what first attracted me to Rush!

What if my song isnt on here?

which song would that be

The Trees

appears I can't edit the poll anymore :/

might have to find your 2nd least favorite then

I've picked by voting my least favorite Rush song. I decided to go with "I Think I'm Going Bald". It's been between like to dislike. It must depend on the type of mood I'm in. I've liked, and loved nearly all of Rush's released material.

Gotta be either Heresy, Neurotica, or Faithless. Given only one of them is available, I'll go with Neurotica today.

The tinny production of Presto and RTB is simply at its nadir by the time we reach side 2 of RTB. The bass and drums have no guts and the guitars have no bite, Ged's significantly lower register keeps the treble range from being very interesting in places as well, and the keys that are left have finally stopped adding anything but cheese and expiration dates to Rush's work. On top of all that, this just isn't a very good song from them. The melody is pretty much ripped straight off of Def Leppard's Hysteria, but exchanging the excellent call and response with the backing vocals for some very bored-sounding "oh ohhh oh oohs" from a surprisingly low-pitched choir of Geddys. The verses sound like they want to have an attitude but don't make it very far past the Vanilla Ice level of being corny and unconvincing. Neil's drum work for one of the only times ever sounds like it's struggling in vain to make the song groove, Alex's guitar is frankly uninteresting until he whips up a scorching solo to try to breath some life into the song. And the little sound-effect laden bridge...we'll just chalk that up to a creative misfire that doesn't have the "so bad it's good" charm of the RTB rap. And lastly, the sharp stop-starts sprinkled into the song don't feel earned by the immobilizing stiffness of the groove.

The lyrics are cringeworthy for me and I feel the same way about Superconductor...that chorus :facepalm: what were they thinking? Overall I like most of the songs on RTB and Presto but those two I always skip.

• Like 1

There's quite a few on here that I definitely skip, but I got burnt out on The Stars Look Down pretty quickly for some reason, and I actually really like VT.

Gotta be either Heresy, Neurotica, or Faithless. Given only one of them is available, I'll go with Neurotica today.

The tinny production of Presto and RTB is simply at its nadir by the time we reach side 2 of RTB. The bass and drums have no guts and the guitars have no bite, Ged's significantly lower register keeps the treble range from being very interesting in places as well, and the keys that are left have finally stopped adding anything but cheese and expiration dates to Rush's work. On top of all that, this just isn't a very good song from them. The melody is pretty much ripped straight off of Def Leppard's Hysteria, but exchanging the excellent call and response with the backing vocals for some very bored-sounding "oh ohhh oh oohs" from a surprisingly low-pitched choir of Geddys. The verses sound like they want to have an attitude but don't make it very far past the Vanilla Ice level of being corny and unconvincing. Neil's drum work for one of the only times ever sounds like it's struggling in vain to make the song groove, Alex's guitar is frankly uninteresting until he whips up a scorching solo to try to breath some life into the song. And the little sound-effect laden bridge...we'll just chalk that up to a creative misfire that doesn't have the "so bad it's good" charm of the RTB rap. And lastly, the sharp stop-starts sprinkled into the song don't feel earned by the immobilizing stiffness of the groove.

The lyrics are cringeworthy for me and I feel the same way about Superconductor...that chorus :facepalm: what were they thinking? Overall I like most of the songs on RTB and Presto but those two I always skip.

The mediocre blandness of the music was so bad I've never even paid attention to the lyrics, lol.