KK's Priest - The new Priest is launched!

treeduck

Did anyone suggest "Stained Ass" for the name of the band yet?

Because it's obvious something is staining KK's ass with what he's trying to do here.

Are you confident that Downing can write good riffs and songs?

Since it has become very common to pre-release a song or two, I think we will find out soon.

Aye and it better be good!

If not, Downing is definitely drowning and he will never be seen again.

I just can't stop shaking my head about choosing that lame name. :facepalm:

I'm surprised Les Binks didn't say some something or Ripper Owens. I can't imagine them saying "Yeah KK that's a f***ing good name! Just wait till Halford and Hill see this shit!"

Because it's obvious something is staining KK's ass with what he's trying to do here.

Since it has become very common to pre-release a song or two, I think we will find out soon.

I'm surprised Les Binks didn't say some something or Ripper Owens. I can't imagine them saying "Yeah KK that's a f***ing good name! Just wait till Halford and Hill see this shit!"

The perennial tribute singer Tim Owens isn't going to object to the name. He makes his money off the hard work of others. No way he's missing this opportunity.

• Like 1

The perennial tribute singer Tim Owens isn't going to object to the name. He makes his money off the hard work of others. No way he's missing this opportunity.

I hope KK has written some f***ing good songs or they're in more trouble than his golf course.

I hope KK has written some f***ing good songs or they're in more trouble than his golf course.

Let's hope so. Has KK ever done anything outside of Priest? I don't know what his songwriting skills are like without Rob and Glen. Priest proved on their last two albums that they can get by just fine without KK. I'm not convinced KK is going to do anything that will blow our minds like Firepower did.

• Like 2

Let's hope so. Has KK ever done anything outside of Priest? I don't know what his songwriting skills are like without Rob and Glen. Priest proved on their last two albums that they can get by just fine without KK. I'm not convinced KK is going to do anything that will blow our minds like Firepower did.

He's only ever made guest appearances on other people's albums, either guitar solos (like with Queensryche) or additional guitars (King Diamond). He's never written a song outside of Priest as far as I know. If you look at the credits for the first five Priest albums it's clear that Downing is the lesser of the Tipton, Downing, Halford song-writing triumvirate. He contributes the least of the three and unlike Tipton never wrote a song on his own. For example Tipton wrote The Ripper, Delivering the Goods and White Heat, Red Hot on his own just to name a few. Still if you sifted through all KK's Priest contributions and put them all together he would surely have enough material for several albums, so knowing that you'd think that he'd be able to produce one album of good material, especially after 10 years rest. It would help if he had a singer who was a really good song-writer, which brings us to Owens...

Owens has always been in other people's bands, Priest, Iced Earth, Yngwie etc and he never wrote any of the songs. I'm not sure about all the millions of side projects but here's one with a very solid line-up from last year and he co-wrote the whole album, lyrics, music etc. The other members of the band are Chris Caffery, Steve DiGiorgio and Mark Zonder.

http://en.wikipedia...._of_Fire_(album)

Here's a song that Owens wrote on his own:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjnXCwuP2cs

Edited by treeduck

There's also You Got Another Priest Coming, KK Downing's Epitaph, KK's Freeloaders Burning, KK's Head is Gonna Roll, KK's Private Priest, KK Downing's Locked Out in the Cold, Robert Halford's Rim it Down, KK Downing's Jugs of Your Mater.

In the dead of night......KK Bites!

• Like 3

There's also You Got Another Priest Coming, KK Downing's Epitaph, KK's Freeloaders Burning, KK's Head is Gonna Roll, KK's Private Priest, KK Downing's Locked Out in the Cold, Robert Halford's Rim it Down, KK Downing's Jugs of Your Mater.

In the dead of night......KK Bites!

HAHAHAHAHA!

"Love Bites"

Love,

DEF LEPPARD

KKILLING MACHINE!

KKILLING ME!!!!

• Like 1

HAHAHA! Now this is what a call a "smear campaign." LOL! "Stained Ass."

"Vapor Underwear Trails"

"VT" is actually growing on me.

• Like 2

KK and the Victims of Changes, KK's Waterpower, KK Downing and the Drowning, KK and the Moonshine Band...

Winner, winner! KK and the Moonshine band made me spit out my pie! :LOL: :lol:

HAHAHA!!! This is the kind of forum fun I LOVE!!!

So awesome! I LOVE MY FRIENDS ON HERE!

RUSH FOREVER!!!! FUKK KK

• Like 2

Ripper is fantastic. His work with Iced Earth is some of my favourite metal vocals ever. Love this news!

I have never heard the Priest albums that he was a part of, and never knew he was in Iced Earth!

He was better served in Iced Earth. I don't hate his Priest albums, they are worth a listen.

I always figured that Tipton was the more technical of the 2 players - based on his solos, but KK had more feel - also based on his solos.

As a guitarist KK held his own just fine with Glenn. Just watch Live Aid or any other vid. He's right there.

Songwriting...maybe he doesn't have the ideas, maybe the band squashed his ideas. Who knows? But KK can PLAY. There's no doubt about that.

I'm looking forward to the new material. Even if the band name is cringey.

• Like 1

Ripper held his own as Rob's replacement. Guy has a hell of a voice. Halford's shoes were hard to fill though, image wise. Fan expectations.

The latest news is this:

Tim "Ripper" Owens says that he is "looking forward to finishing" the "killer" debut album from KK'S PRIEST, his new collaboration with founding JUDAS PRIEST guitarist K.K. Downing and ex-PRIEST drummer Les Binks. The band, which will pay homage to Downing's past, is rounded out by guitarist A.J. Mills (HOSTILE) and bassist Tony Newton (VOODOO SIX).

When the formation of KK'S PRIEST was first announced on Tueday (February 18), Owens took to his Facebook to write: "I'm really excited about this, and the demand for it was simply amazing! It sure will be nice to make the real fans of hard rock and heavy metal music and the real JUDAS PRIEST fans happy! This is gonna rock."

As for the upcoming LP, Owens said: "I'm looking forward to finishing this killer new CD."

• Like 1

When the formation of KK'S PRIEST was first announced on Tueday (February 18), Owens took to his Facebook to write: "I'm really excited about this, and the demand for it was simply amazing! It sure will be nice to make the real fans of hard rock and heavy metal music and the real JUDAS PRIEST fans happy!

"Real" Judas Priest fans? Way to alienate a bunch of potential buyers right off the bat.

If they were smart, they'd offer this as a second/alternative Priest rather than as a battle of who's the real one. Now I'm really hoping Rob and company's album buries this wannabee Priest.

• Like 2

When the formation of KK'S PRIEST was first announced on Tueday (February 18), Owens took to his Facebook to write: "I'm really excited about this, and the demand for it was simply amazing! It sure will be nice to make the real fans of hard rock and heavy metal music and the real JUDAS PRIEST fans happy!

"Real" Judas Priest fans? Way to alienate a bunch of potential buyers right off the bat.

If they were smart, they'd offer this as a second/alternative Priest rather than as a battle of who's the real one. Now I'm really hoping Rob and company's album buries this wannabee Priest.

There's obviously a bit of bitterness from Ripper as well as KK.

• Like 1

Owens needs to sing a good song that he actually had something to do with creating first before he talks shit like that.

• Like 1

The latest news is this:

Tim "Ripper" Owens says that he is "looking forward to finishing" the "killer" debut album from KK'S PRIEST, his new collaboration with founding JUDAS PRIEST guitarist K.K. Downing and ex-PRIEST drummer Les Binks. The band, which will pay homage to Downing's past, is rounded out by guitarist A.J. Mills (HOSTILE) and bassist Tony Newton (VOODOO SIX).

When the formation of KK'S PRIEST was first announced on Tueday (February 18), Owens took to his Facebook to write: "I'm really excited about this, and the demand for it was simply amazing! It sure will be nice to make the real fans of hard rock and heavy metal music and the real JUDAS PRIEST fans happy! This is gonna rock."

As for the upcoming LP, Owens said: "I'm looking forward to finishing this killer new CD."

If KK's Priest wasn't enough of a shock, now we have The Real Judas Priest! :facepalm:

Seems like the kids in the Kindergarten were set free to play outside.

KK and the Victims of Changes, KK's Waterpower, KK Downing and the Drowning, KK and the Moonshine Band...

RUSH FOREVER!!!! FUKK KK

Living After Noon

• Like 4

RUSH FOREVER!!!! FUKK KK

Living After Noon

LOL!

"Hell Bent For Neither"

• Like 3

We live in a world where there are 2 versions of Yes, were 2 versions of Asia, and now 2 versions of Judas Priest.

But no more Rush.

• Like 1

We live in a world where there are 2 versions of Yes, were 2 versions of Asia, and now 2 versions of Judas Priest.

But no more Rush.

Human nature is fickle and petty at times.

• Like 1