The 2019-20 NHL Thread

blackhawkrush

2 on 0. :facepalm: Canes 1 Hawks 0

We look like we're playing with weights tied to our legs. :16ton: Canes 2 Hawks 0

The winning streak is over. :moon: Canes 3 Hawks 0

G :martini: U :martini: S :martini: T :martini: A :martini: F :martini: S :martini: S :martini: O :martini: N :codger: Canes 3 Hawks 1

We look like we're playing with weights tied to our legs. :16ton: Canes 2 Hawks 0

G :martini: U :martini: S :martini: T :martini: A :martini: F :martini: S :martini: S :martini: O :martini: N :codger: Canes 3 Hawks 1

M :cosmo: U :cosmo: R :cosmo: P :cosmo: H :cosmo: Y :codger: Canes 3 Hawks 2

Empty net. :sigh: Canes 4 Hawks 2

Empty net. :sigh: Canes 4 Hawks 2

Final. 9-8-4

Well, at least it was a beautiful way to go out. If you have to kill a man, why not do it with some style.

Hey, how 'bout them Islanders?

Last time they lost in regulation was Oct. 11th. 14-0-1 since then. That streak can't last much longer, but hopefully they can at least beat the Pens again tomorrow night. They can then lay an egg on the California trip for all I care.

• Like 2

Another bad start to the game by our guys. :rage: Lightning 1 Hawks 0

S :dweez: E :dweez: A :dweez: B :dweez: R :dweez: O :dweez: O :dweez: K :cosmo: Hawks 1 Lightning 1

That score didn't last long. :sigh: Lightning 2 Hawks 1

S :dweez: E :dweez: A :dweez: B :dweez: R :dweez: O :dweez: O :dweez: K :cosmo: Hawks 1 Lightning 1

No Kutcherov, no Stamkos, no problem. :facepalm: Lightning 3 Hawks 1

S :AlienSmiley: T :AlienSmiley: R :AlienSmiley: O :AlienSmiley: M :AlienSmiley: E :martini: Lightning 3 Hawks 2
  • Like 1

S :AlienSmiley: T :AlienSmiley: R :AlienSmiley: O :AlienSmiley: M :AlienSmiley: E :martini: Lightning 3 Hawks 2

Same shit as the Carolina game. :moon: Lightning 4 Hawks 2

Final. 9-9-4

It has been crazy around here since our daughter (another one) is getting married during the holidays, but I have been watching the Pens. I did want to congratulate 73 on the win by the Isles tonight!

:cheers: Congratulations! :cheers:

It was nice to see Hornqvist score in the third to tie it up. ( a friend was at the game, cheering for Pens of course, and she sent me a video of a huge SQUEAL when he scored. :LOL: ). Unfortunately it was not to last but Congrats again! Isles 4- Pens 3

• Like 1

Well, at least it was a beautiful way to go out. If you have to kill a man, why not do it with some style.

Last time they lost in regulation was Oct. 11th. 14-0-1 since then. That streak can't last much longer, but hopefully they can at least beat the Pens again tomorrow night. They can then lay an egg on the California trip for all I care.

If you haven't cared, and don't care about anything like that, then why would you decided to say by posting it. About the Toronto Maple Leafs, I've heard it all before. For the New York Islanders, I can start saying, and naming nicknames of them, too. With, and for anything, I always have, and show respect. The New York Islanders' two recent wins against Pittsburgh were in overtime, too, so with that, those games can go either way. To add, on, and for my part, there wasn't, and haven't been any policing going on, too.

Edited by Derek19

If you haven't cared, and don't care about anything like that, then why would you decided to say by posting it.

"For all I care" is just a figure of speech. In this case it means that losing to a divisional rival like the Pens hurts the Isles in the standings more than losing to one of the California teams they'll be playing the next three games. If we lose to a Pacific team, I wouldn't care as much. Get it?

About the Toronto Maple Leafs, I've heard it all before. For the New York Islanders, I can start saying nicknames of them, too. I always have, and show respect for anything.

Are you referring to my use of the nickname "Pens?" It's a common nickname that Penguins fans themselves use for their team. There's nothing disrespectful about it, as I'm sure the Pens fans here will attest to.

Their two recent wins against Pittsburgh were in overtime, too, so with that, those games can go either way.

Yes, those overtime games could have gone either way. But they didn't. The Isles have seen seven of their games go to overtime or a shootout, and they've won six of them. That shows a pattern of being able to win when in those situations, does it not?

To add, on, and for my part, there wasn't, and haven't been any policing going on.

I don't know why you're referring to a past issue from another part of the board, but okay. For the record, yes, you absolutely were policing other people, and that's not your job. It seems you've stopped doing that, at least for now, so good on you.

If you haven't cared, and don't care about anything like that, then why would you decided to say by posting it.

"For all I care" is just a figure of speech. In this case it means that losing to a divisional rival like the Pens hurts the Isles in the standings more than losing to one of the California teams they'll be playing the next three games. If we lose to a Pacific team, I wouldn't care as much. Get it?

About the Toronto Maple Leafs, I've heard it all before. For the New York Islanders, I can start saying nicknames of them, too. I always have, and show respect for anything.

Are you referring to my use of the nickname "Pens?" It's a common nickname that Penguins fans themselves use for their team. There's nothing disrespectful about it, as I'm sure the Pens fans here will attest to.

Their two recent wins against Pittsburgh were in overtime, too, so with that, those games can go either way.

Yes, those overtime games could have gone either way. But they didn't. The Isles have seen seven of their games go to overtime or a shootout, and they've won six of them. That shows a pattern of being able to win when in those situations, does it not?

To add, on, and for my part, there wasn't, and haven't been any policing going on.

I don't know why you're referring to a past issue from another part of the board, but okay. For the record, yes, you absolutely were policing other people, and that's not your job. It seems you've stopped doing that, at least for now, so good on you.

Reported for using the epithet Pens in reference to the Pittsburgh National Hockey League franchise.

I hope justice is swiftly carried out by the mods.

• Like 1

Reported for using the epithet Pens in reference to the Pittsburgh National Hockey League franchise.

I'm reporting my own post for using the epithet "mods" to refer to the moderators.

Oh, the humanity....

• Like 2

I'm reporting my own post for using the epithet "mods" to refer to the moderators.

Oh, the humanity....

Quite the rabbit hole we're going down here. Or is that a slippery slope? Imagine how Derek would have reacted if we were talking about playing the Rags...ugh, sorry. The NEW YORK RANGERS.

Final. 9-9-4

What is up with Cotillion? He keeps mixing things up just for the hell of it. He just gets Kane back on the line with DeBrincat and Strome. Now he sits out Kubalik against Tampa because he wants Koekkoek to play against his old team? Even Toews and Kane are losing patience with all the shuffling around. Just don't get it. :smash:

Edited by Rhyta

I am so impressed with Cale Makar, the Avs have got a great kid. He is really stepping up and helping with Rantenen and Landeskog out. :dweez: :madra: